Game Day: Suns (21-32) @ Lakers (39-12), Mon 2/10/20

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
djy2j

Re: Game Day: Suns (21-32) @ Lakers (39-12), Mon 2/10/20

Post by djy2j »

The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Shabazz wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:06 pm
Oubre and Booker have been AWFUL.
I’d bench Oubre for the next game too. Whatever he did last night was more important I’m sure.

Booker probably sensing his team is in tank mode for the 4th straight February and probably lost motivation

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Lecque dunk after a Caruso brick! Basketball gods have smiled upon us!

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Suns have been out-rebounded 55-27 with a couple of put-back offensive rebounds on miss free throws by the Lakers.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Suns out-rebounded 59-29
Booker 2/11 shooting
Top scorers - Bridges (18), Diallo (15), Rubio (13), Carter (13)

Pretty much says it all.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Still waiting to see something that makes me feel like Ty Jerome should play in this league.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

djy2j wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:01 pm
Still waiting to see something that makes me feel like Ty Jerome should play in this league.
Well, uh, there were a couple of good preseason games....

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Jerome will be fine if he can improve his body. Otherwise he’s not gonna last long in the league. He has some skill and makes smart decisions, but he can’t keep getting eaten up by guys like Rondo if he wants to see a second contract.

If he looks the same physically in a year from now I think I’ll be smart to move on.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Clarification on what happened with Oubre: https://arizonasports.com/story/2259450 ... akers-bus/
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

The bench hasn’t been scoring lately and with Ayton out and Cam kind of in a funk getting back and Oubre on fire it seems to make sense for Cam to play with the starters and Oubre to be the fireplug off the bench. I didn’t mind that even of he didn’t miss the bus.

The Suns starting center, backup center, starting power forward and backup power forward gone for the game against the Lakers and their bigs in LA. I was pretty proud of them Suns ton start. I figured the Lakers would punish us inside but, the Suns doubled anything that got near the paint and forced them for the most part to shoot jumpers. That seemed to work until Rondo entered the game and went on a tear single handedly giving them a big lead.

EJ was saying the Suns needed a special game from Booker and he has been off. Everybody has been speculating what the deal is with him. I think he really wanted to have a good year with his team winning and him going to the All Star game. He was on a total tear. Maybe he was making a push for an All Star position and when he was snubbed again he might be deflated. All the bigs on his team are hurt. Kobe just died and they are playing in LA. His mind may be elsewhere at this point. An All Star break where he gets some rest and gets to stew about being snubbed might be just the thing for him.

carey

Post by carey »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:18 am
Jerome will be fine if he can improve his body. Otherwise he’s not gonna last long in the league. He has some skill and makes smart decisions, but he can’t keep getting eaten up by guys like Rondo if he wants to see a second contract.

If he looks the same physically in a year from now I think I’ll be smart to move on.
The problem is he's Slow with that capital S. I don't know how much improving his body will change that. Maybe it'll help some.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Oubre missed the team bus which is why he was suspended.

Here's the Cam dunk...he's a lot more athletic than he's given credit for

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:34 am
The bench hasn’t been scoring lately and with Ayton out and Cam kind of in a funk getting back and Oubre on fire it seems to make sense for Cam to play with the starters and Oubre to be the fireplug off the bench. I didn’t mind that even of he didn’t miss the bus.

The Suns starting center, backup center, starting power forward and backup power forward gone for the game against the Lakers and their bigs in LA. I was pretty proud of them Suns ton start. I figured the Lakers would punish us inside but, the Suns doubled anything that got near the paint and forced them for the most part to shoot jumpers. That seemed to work until Rondo entered the game and went on a tear single handedly giving them a big lead.

EJ was saying the Suns needed a special game from Booker and he has been off. Everybody has been speculating what the deal is with him. I think he really wanted to have a good year with his team winning and him going to the All Star game. He was on a total tear. Maybe he was making a push for an All Star position and when he was snubbed again he might be deflated. All the bigs on his team are hurt. Kobe just died and they are playing in LA. His mind may be elsewhere at this point. An All Star break where he gets some rest and gets to stew about being snubbed might be just the thing for him.
Yeah, Booker has been off lately, with the exception of the Rockets game that was overshadowed by Oubre. It could be one of or any combination of the following:
1. Might be deflated by All-Star snub.
2. Could be being in LA for the first time after his idol and friend Kobe passed away. Playing in the arena with Kobe's numbers in the rafters made it solemn.
3. Maybe it was knowing his friends were playing in their first game together that night, had his mind in another place.
4. Could be that missing all the bigs, put the entire game plan of the Lakers to stop Devin. They collapsed on him in the paint, just daring him to shoot it in their so they could swat it away, and with no gravity from Diallo, it didn't take any pressure off of Booker. The Lakers were essentially face guarding him the whole game and didn't even act like they would help off of him.
5. Could be that Devin, seeing how injured the team is, just is attempting to make sure that he goes into the break healthy to recharge and should usurer in a time where the team gets healthy after the break.
6. It could be the deflation of knowing that Deandre was out just prior and Oubre missing the bus just took the wind out of his sails.

I'm just hoping that he gets back to normal after the break and goes on a tear.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I think Book is just exhausted mentally and physically. All Star Break should give him some much needed rest. It's been a rollercoaster season with the suspension, injuries, close losses.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

This game felt like a Varsity-JV scrimmage where the Varsity played to the level of competion and the JV scrubs got a chance to play signficant minutes.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:08 am
Nodack wrote:

Yeah, Booker has been off lately, with the exception of the Rockets game that was overshadowed by Oubre. It could be one of or any combination of the following:
2. Could be being in LA for the first time after his idol and friend Kobe passed away. Playing in the arena with Kobe's numbers in the rafters made it solemn.
3. Maybe it was knowing his friends were playing in their first game together that night, had his mind in another place.
4. Could be that missing all the bigs, put the entire game plan of the Lakers to stop Devin. They collapsed on him in the paint, just daring him to shoot it in their so they could swat it away, and with no gravity from Diallo, it didn't take any pressure off of Booker. The Lakers were essentially face guarding him the whole game and didn't even act like they would help off of him.
5. Could be that Devin, seeing how injured the team is, just is attempting to make sure that he goes into the break healthy to recharge and should usurer in a time where the team gets healthy after the break.
6. It could be the deflation of knowing that Deandre was out just prior and Oubre missing the bus just took the wind out of his sails.

Time for him to put on his big boy pants and suck it up then.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

In2ition wrote:
Nodack wrote:

Or, in the most likely scenario, he and Oubre tore through West Hollywood 2 nights ago.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Shabazz wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:37 am
In2ition wrote:
Nodack wrote:

Or, in the most likely scenario, he and Oubre tore through West Hollywood 2 nights ago.
I haven't seen that one yet. Loved the original though.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Shabazz wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:37 am
In2ition wrote:
Nodack wrote:

I know he posted on his Instagram story about riding a bike along the beach.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

The Suns have been pretty porous defensively inside this year and foul trouble has bit them playing against teams that like to punish them inside. So many times we see help slow to get there and guys getting layups when they shouldn’t.

This game was scary. We had basically a third string center and no other bigs playing against a team with an intimidating front line and somehow they completely stayed out of foul trouble early. They doubled everything that came near the paint and it forced the Lakers to shoot jump shots and it kept the Suns close. I think they should be able to incorporate this into their normal game plan at times. It worked really well imo.