Suns News: Weeks 16-18 2/10-3/1

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Indy

Re: Suns News: Week 16 2/10-2/16

Post by Indy »

Shabazz wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:57 pm
Indy wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:49 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:39 pm
I predict we'll trade our first rounder for Aaron Gordon this summer.
Ug. Just what we need. A poor shooting,mediocre rebounding PF that doesn't play defense.
He's actually a good defender. Not a great rebounder, but very solid defensively. He's been miscast in Orlando. He tries to do too much offensively. I think he'd do well here if it's clear he's not the 1st or 2nd option, which he wouldn't be.
Well I guess I need to watch him more. His stats seem to show he is about as good on defense as most of our team, and his offense is below our starters.

I just don't want to spend a 1st rounder and 20M worth of player salaries to trade for him.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Indy wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:58 pm
I'd rather try and sign Christian Wood who is an UFA this summer.
I thought he'd be under the radar, but all indications are the Detroit knows what they have in him and they're ready to give him the bag this summer.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Shabazz wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:23 pm
Indy wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:58 pm
I'd rather try and sign Christian Wood who is an UFA this summer.
I thought he'd be under the radar, but all indications are the Detroit knows what they have in him and they're ready to give him the bag this summer.
probably. but he is unrestricted so you have a chance if you go hard at midnight. but they are probably doing the same. Not easy to find a stretch 4 that is shooting 39% on threes and likes to bang down low.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

ShelC wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:34 am
No interest in Ibaka.

I am wondering about Tristan Thompson, whom JJ played with in Cleveland. Don't love his game or his fit unless it's at the right price and he's coming off the bench, which seems far fetched.
Ibaka would be a lot better than Thompson.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

I would be stoked if we spent the cap space on getting Toronto’s Ibaka and Vanvleet. We’d have a veteran presence who can space the floor and isn’t soft. Vanvleet would be 6th man of the year spelling either Booker or Rubio-probably replacing Rubio in the long run.

BookTheGoat

Post by BookTheGoat »

The Suns are going to win the lottery and then flip the pick for Bradley Beal. Speaking it into existence.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

BookTheGoat wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:13 am
The Suns are going to win the lottery and then flip the pick for Bradley Beal. Speaking it into existence.
Karma still owes is one. But draft this year sucks.

Split T

Post by Split T »

INFORMER wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:50 pm
ShelC wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:34 am
No interest in Ibaka.

I am wondering about Tristan Thompson, whom JJ played with in Cleveland. Don't love his game or his fit unless it's at the right price and he's coming off the bench, which seems far fetched.
Ibaka would be a lot better than Thompson.
Ya Thompson does nothing for us. He can’t play with Ayton. I don’t want to pay big money to someone who can only play 15 minutes a game

Split T

Post by Split T »

The Athletic has an article on Mikal Bridges and the hitch in his jump shot. Says he’s been working on fixing it over the last month and a half with coaching staff. I haven’t noticed it as much lately and it has correlated with a nice stretch of shooting for him, so hopefully this is a sign of better things to come.

They play it off like it just popped up one day and hasn’t been an issue for very long, but we’ve noticed it since he came into the nba. It’s hard for me to believe that it didn’t come from him tinkering with his form as a rookie. Anyways, I’m glad he’s realized it was a bad tinkering and he’s working on getting back to his Villanova form. Bridges as a +40% 3pt shooter would be absolutely huge for the future of this team.
He figures the film sessions began a month or a month and a half ago. Since then, he’s been putting in extra time with coach Monty Williams’ staff to iron out the hitch. It has still popped up from time to time along the way, but in recent games, Bridges has been on a hot streak with a rhythmic release.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Split T wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:37 am
The Athletic has an article on Mikal Bridges and the hitch in his jump shot. Says he’s been working on fixing it over the last month and a half with coaching staff. I haven’t noticed it as much lately and it has correlated with a nice stretch of shooting for him, so hopefully this is a sign of better things to come.

They play it off like it just popped up one day and hasn’t been an issue for very long, but we’ve noticed it since he came into the nba. It’s hard for me to believe that it didn’t come from him tinkering with his form as a rookie. Anyways, I’m glad he’s realized it was a bad tinkering and he’s working on getting back to his Villanova form. Bridges as a +40% 3pt shooter would be absolutely huge for the future of this team.
He figures the film sessions began a month or a month and a half ago. Since then, he’s been putting in extra time with coach Monty Williams’ staff to iron out the hitch. It has still popped up from time to time along the way, but in recent games, Bridges has been on a hot streak with a rhythmic release.
Maybe that's part of the reason our player development staff was fired.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Frustration aside, Bridges has played better overall this season, and that shot does look better lately. I only see the hitch when he hesitates to shoot.

Indy

Post by Indy »

O_Gardino wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:41 am
Frustration aside, Bridges has played better overall this season, and that shot does look better lately. I only see the hitch when he hesitates to shoot.
the less time he has before he takes a shot, the higher chance it has of going in (by my unscientific eye) because he doesn't have time for his hitch.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:32 pm
Interesting

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Bolden is undersized, but he does rebound. Let's see what he's got.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Just looking at his bkref page, and it looks like he can block shots, too. Got a few assists, so he's not a complete black hole.

In Philly, he didn't take mid range jumpers. Just 3s and shots in the paint. He shot corner 3s well, but not other 3s.

He hasn't played much, though.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I remember Sixer fans saying that he had the same measurements as Giannis when he came out.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Actually had a feeling the Suns might've been eyeing him. Nice pickup to see what he's got.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Is he suiting up tonight?
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Because 10-day contracts must cover at least three games, Bolden’s will run through February 22, technically making it an 11-day contract, assuming it’s officially finalized today. He’d be eligible to play against the Warriors tonight, the Raptors following the All-Star break next Friday, and the Bulls next Saturday.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?