NBA Draft 2020

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
In2ition

Re: NBA Draft 2020

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:53 am
I don’t think Bagley is a great fit next to Ayton unless he starts shooting a lot better.
I agree that he needs to learn how to shoot to fit well next to Ayton. Feels like the most important assistant coach in the NBA is the shooting coach and a great one is worth his weight in gold, imo.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

I would say the King best fit for this team is Fox.

Would love to send Ricky, Kelly and our first round pick this year for him.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I’d says he’s pretty close to untouchable for them. Our pu pu platter is not getting it done.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I'm asking about Bagley, as he is in a serious doghouse with Kings fans and possibly could be available this summer.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I think Bagley is (was) a superior prospect to all those guys. But he’s not the cleanest fit here.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Why is Bagley in the doghouse? Just because he’s not Luka? He’s been hurt all year.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Alright I’m ready to dive into the draft. In the very limited time I’ve spent looking at prospects, I like Tyrese Halliburton and Killian Hayes. Who does everyone else like?

Cap

Post by Cap »

Split T wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:10 pm
Alright I’m ready to dive into the draft. In the very limited time I’ve spent looking at prospects, I like Tyrese Halliburton and Killian Hayes. Who does everyone else like?
I like Jack Kevorkian.

Yeah, I know, he’s dead. So is this team.

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Uh, wow.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

What do folks think of Vernon Carey from Duke?

https://www.nbadraft.net/players/vernon-carey/

I'm mostly looking at PF/C guys who can shoot. It's always a plus to me when they come from a good program.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:13 am

I'm mostly looking at PF/C guys who can shoot. It's always a plus to me when they come from a good program.
James?

carey

Post by carey »

Nico has been a pretty big disappointment. The recruiting class for UofA on the whole has been really. Zeke got PAC-12 freshman of the year which is great but he was the least heralded of the 3 prospects. I think Nico and Green are both out of the lottery right now but all 3 could be drafted in the 2nd half of the first round still.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Don't overestimate the talent pool in this draft. I think Nico Manion would still likely be drafted in the lottery.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

carey

Post by carey »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:25 pm
Don't overestimate the talent pool in this draft. I think Nico Manion would still likely be drafted in the lottery.
Maybe. He's fallen out of the lottery on several mocks already.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

carey wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:50 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:25 pm
Maybe. He's fallen out of the lottery on several mocks already.
He's been difficult to evaluate for me. I haven't watched him a ton, but he did pretty well going against Payton Pritchard who's Pac12 POTY.

There are a lot of variables for him to consider when it comes to declaring for the draft, but I think he's still got a way to go to being a legitimate NBA point guard.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

With no ncaa tourney, we might as well set our wish lists now. There won't be much more to learn about these players until draft workouts start.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

My top pick would be LaMelo Ball.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

In2ition wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:13 pm
Just for the Suns, or do you like him better than Wiseman overall?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

O_Gardino wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:46 pm
In2ition wrote:
I have him as my top pick overall and for the Suns.

I do like Wiseman though, and have him in my top 4. One of the problems the Suns had was the backup center spot. It never felt like we had a backup that could come in after the starter went out and do anything positive all year. That had to do with injuries and suspensions, but seemed pretty important, like missing a backup PG. I think there is a chance that Wiseman could end up better than Ayton. He has better hands, can catch lobs better, and seems to be a better functional athlete, imo.

This guy doesn't really like Wiseman all that much. https://www.thebirdwrites.com/2020/3/16 ... oronavirus

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

In2ition wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:01 pm
O_Gardino wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:46 pm
In2ition wrote:
I have him as my top pick overall and for the Suns.

I do like Wiseman though, and have him in my top 4. One of the problems the Suns had was the backup center spot. It never felt like we had a backup that could come in after the starter went out and do anything positive all year. That had to do with injuries and suspensions, but seemed pretty important, like missing a backup PG. I think there is a chance that Wiseman could end up better than Ayton. He has better hands, can catch lobs better, and seems to be a better functional athlete, imo.

This guy doesn't really like Wiseman all that much. https://www.thebirdwrites.com/2020/3/16 ... oronavirus
#20! Jesus. Wiseman seems quick, too me. I wouldn't be surprised if the team that takes him hypes him as a 4/5 combo.

LaMelo looks like a gamer for sure. I doubt the Suns will high enough to take him, but he's my #1 for the Suns. I don't love him enough to take him if there were any personality red flags, though. And I think most teams would take Wiseman over him.