NBA Draft 2020

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: NBA Draft 2020

Post by Superbone »

INFORMER wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:13 pm
I think Okongwu finishes explosively, but that athleticism doesn't manifest itself when he is guarded. Instead, his post moves look very mechanical. And it looks like he is a product of having size/athletic advantage on his defenders, which won't be the case in the NBA.
We don't need another Diallo.
"Be Legendary."

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I haven't been an Issac Okoro guy, but it gives me pause to see the comparisons between him and Jaylen Brown as a freshman.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

jonh

Post by jonh »

Split T wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:33 am
Been doing some more prospect watching. More and more I just want to end up with Haliburton. Think he just fits real nicely. He can come off the bench at first. He can play on and off the ball a bit. He’s a great passer, he’ll move the ball and fit the .5 offense really well. He can hit a spot up 3(shot is a bit awkward) and he’s got the length to be a versatile defender.

He is very skinny, not an elite athlete, and his awkward shooting form kinda hurts his ability as a pull up threat. So he’s a touch limited as an on ball guy, but I don’t see that as a huge problem playing alongside Rubio and Booker.

Other thoughts:

If we jump into the top 4, my first choice would be to trade down, pick up additional assets and draft Haliburton. There are two guys up there though I could get behind drafting.

After watching 3 minutes of a highlight video, I am sold on Haliburton. Lets draft him.

Also, he feels like the kind of prospect James Jones would really like. Can you actually tell what prospect a GM prefers after only 1 draft?

Split T

Post by Split T »

jonh wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:42 am
Split T wrote:
Been doing some more prospect watching. More and more I just want to end up with Haliburton. Think he just fits real nicely. He can come off the bench at first. He can play on and off the ball a bit. He’s a great passer, he’ll move the ball and fit the .5 offense really well. He can hit a spot up 3(shot is a bit awkward) and he’s got the length to be a versatile defender.

He is very skinny, not an elite athlete, and his awkward shooting form kinda hurts his ability as a pull up threat. So he’s a touch limited as an on ball guy, but I don’t see that as a huge problem playing alongside Rubio and Booker.

Other thoughts:

If we jump into the top 4, my first choice would be to trade down, pick up additional assets and draft Haliburton. There are two guys up there though I could get behind drafting.

After watching 3 minutes of a highlight video, I am sold on Haliburton. Lets draft him.

Also, he feels like the kind of prospect James Jones would really like. Can you actually tell what prospect a GM prefers after only 1 draft?
Ya I’d be really surprised if Jones passed on Haliburton. I’d guess he goes before our pick though.

jonh

Post by jonh »

Split T wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:57 am
jonh wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:42 am
Split T wrote:

Other thoughts:

Ya I’d be really surprised if Jones passed on Haliburton. I’d guess he goes before our pick though.
I was surprised that The Stepien didn't include him in their Tier 1 or Tier 2 prospects. Maybe they see him as having a lower ceiling?

Split T

Post by Split T »

I’m not sure what’s going on at the stepien. They’ve got Cole Anthony and Tyrese Maxey as tier 1 guys. They’ve got Nico Mannion as a tier 2 guy. I’d rather have Ty Jerome than Nico Mannion.

carey

Post by carey »

Split T wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:12 am
I’m not sure what’s going on at the stepien. They’ve got Cole Anthony and Tyrese Maxey as tier 1 guys. They’ve got Nico Mannion as a tier 2 guy. I’d rather have Ty Jerome than Nico Mannion.
Seriously? Ty looks like he's moving in molasses out there. Nico at least moves like an NBA PG.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Split T

Post by Split T »

carey wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:34 am
Split T wrote:
Seriously? Ty looks like he's moving in molasses out there. Nico at least moves like an NBA PG.
Nico might be better athletically, but he’s still not a good athlete. He didn’t shoot well, I just don’t see an nba guy there yet. Feels like an overseas guy. And the ty Jerome stuff was a bit of an exaggeration. I’m not a fan of Jerome either. He also doesn’t look like an nba guy. I do think his skill level is higher than Nico though.

jonh

Post by jonh »

Split T wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:49 am
carey wrote:
Split T wrote:
Nico might be better athletically, but he’s still not a good athlete. He didn’t shoot well, I just don’t see an nba guy there yet. Feels like an overseas guy. And the ty Jerome stuff was a bit of an exaggeration. I’m not a fan of Jerome either. He also doesn’t look like an nba guy. I do think his skill level is higher than Nico though.
Its a take so nice you have to say it twice.
Last edited by jonh on Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Jerome is not an NBA player at the moment, and I don't like the chances of that ever changing...

Indy

Post by Indy »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:50 am
Jerome is not an NBA player at the moment, and I don't like the chances of that ever changing...
yeah, he seems farther away that Okobo did a year ago, and that is saying a lot.

Split T

Post by Split T »

jonh wrote:
Split T wrote:
carey wrote:
Split T wrote:
Haha, my browser was doing something funky and I didn’t think it was posting. I got one deleted, but you were too quick and responded to this one before I could delete it, haha

jonh

Post by jonh »

Split T wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:52 am
jonh wrote:
Split T wrote:
carey wrote:
Split T wrote:
Haha, my browser was doing something funky and I didn’t think it was posting. I got one deleted, but you were too quick and responded to this one before I could delete it, haha
Im working on a theoretical review today, and I am obviously not as motivated as I should be.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
jonh wrote:
Split T wrote:
carey wrote:
Split T wrote:
Maybe it is just me, but I no longer have the option to delete my posts. The "x" doesn't show up anymore on older posts, just the most recent one.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Indy wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:18 pm
Split T wrote:
jonh wrote:
Split T wrote:
carey wrote:

Maybe it is just me, but I no longer have the option to delete my posts. The "x" doesn't show up anymore on older posts, just the most recent one.
Ya it only gave me the option on my most recent post. Once that was deleted, it allowed me to delete the next one, but Jonh was too fast

Indy

Post by Indy »

It looks like only if it is the last post in a thread... I thought I used to be able to delete any of my posts.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
jonh wrote:
Split T wrote:
carey wrote:
Split T wrote:
I don't know what you guys are talking about. ;)
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

jonh wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:05 pm
Split T wrote:
jonh wrote:
Split T wrote:
carey wrote:

Im working on a theoretical review today, and I am obviously not as motivated as I should be.
Maybe if it was a real review, you'd have more motivation.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Indy wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:51 am
Ring_Wanted wrote:
yeah, he seems farther away that Okobo did a year ago, and that is saying a lot.
Ty Jerome probably needs to go overseas to get more minutes and more seasoning against lesser competition before he could ever be a regular NBA player. Maybe in a few years he'll get where he needs to be. He's not there right now.