NBA Draft 2020

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
INFORMER

Re: NBA Draft 2020

Post by INFORMER »

carey wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:34 am
Split T wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:12 am
I’m not sure what’s going on at the stepien. They’ve got Cole Anthony and Tyrese Maxey as tier 1 guys. They’ve got Nico Mannion as a tier 2 guy. I’d rather have Ty Jerome than Nico Mannion.
Seriously? Ty looks like he's moving in molasses out there. Nico at least moves like an NBA PG.
Agreed. Nico is a bit of a project, but I would still take him over Ty.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

INFORMER wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:29 pm
carey wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:34 am
Split T wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:12 am
I’m not sure what’s going on at the stepien. They’ve got Cole Anthony and Tyrese Maxey as tier 1 guys. They’ve got Nico Mannion as a tier 2 guy. I’d rather have Ty Jerome than Nico Mannion.
Seriously? Ty looks like he's moving in molasses out there. Nico at least moves like an NBA PG.
Agreed. Nico is a bit of a project, but I would still take him over Ty.
Agreed
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

carey

Post by carey »

ESPN has us mocked to Kilian Hayes. Not sure he's a Jones type of pick but who knows? I only have one draft to base that on.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I really like what I've watched of Hayes.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I was higher on him when I thought he shot 39% from 3 this year, but that was only in a portion of his games. He’s got the ability as an off the dribble shooter, but not really the results yet. I think he’s a solid pick at 10. He’s got size, ball handling, passing, and shooting potential. I’d rather have Haliburton though.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

ShelC wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:27 am
I really like what I've watched of Hayes.
If I saw Hayes drive right and finish right a little more, I would say that he reminds me of an early PG version of Booker and I could see a similar career arc as far as his own player development. I'm not opposed to pairing them together long term.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

He’s definitely modeled his game after the Harden/Booker mold. Big playmaking scorer. His playmaking/vision is further along than Booker at the same age. Booker was further along as a shooter. Hayes has nice form though so I think we’ll see him be a good shooter at some point.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

I'd be happy enough with Hayes at 10. I was down on him before I realized how young he is. I still don't love him because he doesn't look quick and decisive enough. But the stats show that he has skill.

The thing with all of these guys we've talked about recently (Hayes vs Haliburton, Okongwu vs Toppin, Wiseman), there is a good chance that none of them are available at #10. If one falls, it will only be one. The choice would be Hayes vs someone like Nesmith, Achiuwa, Lewis, Williams etc.

Thursday can't get here fast enough.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Split T

Post by Split T »

I think we can assume Ball, Edwards, Wiseman, and Toppin will be gone at 10. So at least 1 of Avdija, Okongwu, Haliburton, Okoro, Hayes, and Vassell will be there. Personally I hope it’s not Avdija, Okongwu, or Okoro, but someone will be there at 10. And I’d actually be ok going Aaron Nesmith, RJ Hampton, or Patrick Williams as well.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:45 pm
I think we can assume Ball, Edwards, Wiseman, and Toppin will be gone at 10. So at least 1 of Avdija, Okongwu, Haliburton, Okoro, Hayes, and Vassell will be there. Personally I hope it’s not Avdija, Okongwu, or Okoro, but someone will be there at 10. And I’d actually be ok going Aaron Nesmith, RJ Hampton, or Patrick Williams as well.
Way to go out on a limb that someone will be there! :P Even I, as a non-draft expert, know that!
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
How would you compare Aaron Nesmith with someone like Desmond Bane?

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

If Haliburton and Toppin are gone I am taking offers to trade down or out. Nobody likes Jalen Smith?

Split T

Post by Split T »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:48 pm
Split T wrote:
Way to go out on a limb that someone will be there! :P Even I, as a non-draft expert, know that!
Haha, my point is that there are at least 10 guys in this draft that can help us.

Split T

Post by Split T »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:15 pm
Split T wrote:
I like both. I’m not sure why Bane is mocked in round 2. He’s got size, he’s consistently hit 3’s at a high percentage and I think he’ll be fine defensively. Nesmith is younger and his shot looks more like a weapon than Bane.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:29 pm
If Haliburton and Toppin are gone I am taking offers to trade down or out. Nobody likes Jalen Smith?
I haven’t looked into him enough, but his size/shooting is intriguing.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Split T wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:45 pm
Ring_Wanted wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:29 pm
I haven’t looked into him enough, but his size/shooting is intriguing.
The rebounding too. Yet he is in the 20s on many mock drafts.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I'm not quite as certain as all of you about Haliburton. Idk if he's a primary creator. In fact, he's more of a secondary creator and connector type.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:44 pm
In2ition wrote:
Split T wrote:
I like both. I’m not sure why Bane is mocked in round 2. He’s got size, he’s consistently hit 3’s at a high percentage and I think he’ll be fine defensively. Nesmith is younger and his shot looks more like a weapon than Bane.
This is where I think Bane is a better shooter than Nesmith.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:59 pm
I'm not quite as certain as all of you about Haliburton. Idk if he's a primary creator. In fact, he's more of a secondary creator and connector type.
I agree with that, and I think he could be a perfect fit for a system that doesn't require a singular primary creator.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:00 pm
Split T wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:44 pm
In2ition wrote:
Split T wrote:
This is where I think Bane is a better shooter than Nesmith.
If we get the Bane from Batman, I'll be happy. I just hope he's not the Bane of our existence.
"Be Legendary."