RIP Swingman

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: RIP Swingman

Post by Mori Chu » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:28 am

One of the very small mercies of losing someone is that it can bring others together in unexpected ways to mourn and remember them. It is nice to see posts from so many of you who I haven't heard from in a while. Miss you all and hope you and your families are doing well. Hug 'em tight; you never know.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:37 pm

I've been in contact with the family.
Services will most likely be private.
However, they are considering a "celebration of life."
Once upon a time, in what seems an epoch ago, the Phoenix Suns were a respectable NBA franchise ...

JJ Slim

Post by JJ Slim » Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:17 pm

OMG I just saw this. I can barely type right now because the tears are flowing. I also have known Swingy since the AZCentral days. He was always one of mine and MEE's favorites. He could be harsh at times but had a heart of gold. I actually saw this first on FB as he and I were friends and we talked just a couple of weeks ago. I will let you all know that even though he didn't post here anymore that he visited regularly keeping up with the Suns and what was going on with everybody.

Even though I am so sad it makes me happy to see some of you that I haven't seen here for quite a while. You have always been and always will be my family.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:31 am

JJ Slim wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:17 pm
OMG I just saw this. I can barely type right now because the tears are flowing. I also have known Swingy since the AZCentral days. He was always one of mine and MEE's favorites. He could be harsh at times but had a heart of gold. I actually saw this first on FB as he and I were friends and we talked just a couple of weeks ago. I will let you all know that even though he didn't post here anymore that he visited regularly keeping up with the Suns and what was going on with everybody.

Even though I am so sad it makes me happy to see some of you that I haven't seen here for quite a while. You have always been and always will be my family.
I think you, Swing and I were part of the last installment of the Drunken Amateur Report ... Tyler (UO), my son and crazy Brent were also part of it.
Once upon a time, in what seems an epoch ago, the Phoenix Suns were a respectable NBA franchise ...

JJ Slim

Post by JJ Slim » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:27 am

LazarusLong wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:31 am
JJ Slim wrote:

I think you, Swing and I were part of the last installment of the Drunken Amateur Report ... Tyler (UO), my son and crazy Brent were also part of it.
I remember that very well. Which in itself is amazing since I probably shouldn't have been driving home afterwards. IIRC Swingy ended up crashing there. And I didn't know that there were no more DAR's. Does anybody still have those recordings?

Indy

Post by Indy » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:19 am

JJ Slim wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:27 am
LazarusLong wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:31 am
JJ Slim wrote:

I remember that very well. Which in itself is amazing since I probably shouldn't have been driving home afterwards. IIRC Swingy ended up crashing there. And I didn't know that there were no more DAR's. Does anybody still have those recordings?
I think I downloaded those at some point. Not sure which computer they are on, but I will look.

Indy

Post by Indy » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:19 am

holy shit. been gone a while and came back to this. RIP Swingy.