Game Day: Warriors (12-47) @ Suns (24-36), Sat 2/29/20

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
User avatar
INFORMER
Posts: 5363
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:19 pm

Re: Game Day: Warriors (12-47) @ Suns (24-36), Sat 2/29/20

Post by INFORMER » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:54 pm

Shabazz wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:16 pm
Split T wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:04 pm
This was the moment in our season where I’m officially more interested in our off season than our in season. Lasted through February this year, so that’s progress. Time to start looking at draft prospects, though I’m afraid JJ is just gonna trade the pick anyways .
I’d bet on it.

And I’m not sure it’s the wrong move.
Then get ready for more of the same on-court product. Enjoy!
2020 Draft: Tyrese Haliburton. Paul Reed. Aaron Nesmith. Desmond Bane. Theo Maledon. Malik Fitts. Jalen Smith. Marcus Zegarowski. Sam Merill. Reggie Perry.

User avatar
specialsauce
Posts: 3973
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: Game Day: Warriors (12-47) @ Suns (24-36), Sat 2/29/20

Post by specialsauce » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:29 pm

INFORMER wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:54 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:16 pm
Split T wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:04 pm
This was the moment in our season where I’m officially more interested in our off season than our in season. Lasted through February this year, so that’s progress. Time to start looking at draft prospects, though I’m afraid JJ is just gonna trade the pick anyways .
I’d bet on it.

And I’m not sure it’s the wrong move.
Then get ready for more of the same on-court product. Enjoy!
:roll:

User avatar
carey
Posts: 10971
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:06 pm
Contact:

Re: Game Day: Warriors (12-47) @ Suns (24-36), Sat 2/29/20

Post by carey » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:39 pm

Split T wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:09 pm
I don’t think anyone would have giving up an asset for Tyler Johnson.He’s free now and still no one has picked him up.
Not the player, obviously. The expiring contract. I think the FA class being sort of weak really hurt us.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

User avatar
Shabazz
Posts: 4092
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:16 pm

Re: Game Day: Warriors (12-47) @ Suns (24-36), Sat 2/29/20

Post by Shabazz » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:16 pm

INFORMER wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:54 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:16 pm
Split T wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:04 pm
This was the moment in our season where I’m officially more interested in our off season than our in season. Lasted through February this year, so that’s progress. Time to start looking at draft prospects, though I’m afraid JJ is just gonna trade the pick anyways .
I’d bet on it.

And I’m not sure it’s the wrong move.
Then get ready for more of the same on-court product. Enjoy!
Like you said, they should be open to everything.

User avatar
Aztec Sunsfan
Posts: 1245
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:56 pm

Re: Game Day: Warriors (12-47) @ Suns (24-36), Sat 2/29/20

Post by Aztec Sunsfan » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:01 pm

ShelC wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:40 am
Honestly I've been starting to wonder if Book is the guy.
I’ve down this line of thought many times, but the guy is so likeable and the is so lacking in talent, that we keep looking at him as our savior. But maybe this summer is the right summer to finally cut bait for our All Star. What could we get for Booker that fits with Ayton in timeline and on court play?

User avatar
In2ition
Posts: 6134
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: Game Day: Warriors (12-47) @ Suns (24-36), Sat 2/29/20

Post by In2ition » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:03 am

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:01 pm
ShelC wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:40 am
Honestly I've been starting to wonder if Book is the guy.
I’ve down this line of thought many times, but the guy is so likeable and the is so lacking in talent, that we keep looking at him as our savior. But maybe this summer is the right summer to finally cut bait for our All Star. What could we get for Booker that fits with Ayton in timeline and on court play?
Would you trade Booker for Barton, MPJ and a resigned Plumlee? As far as building around Ayton, I have a feeling he's going to miss the rest of the season with this ankle injury. It didn't look like a normal turn of the ankle. If the Suns are in the position to draft a big, they should probably think long and hard about picking Wiseman or Okongwu for insurance, since it seems the best teams in the league are big and deep.
"30 wins would be an extremely disappointing season" yeah, I said it and I mean it.

User avatar
ShelC
Posts: 5642
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 am

Re: Game Day: Warriors (12-47) @ Suns (24-36), Sat 2/29/20

Post by ShelC » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:49 am

The guy who keeps popping up is Beal. We need that dynamic, scoring/playmaker in the backcourt. I'd be more inclined to go with a scoring/franchise PG but Rubio and Beal could work just as well and I think Beal would work better with Ayton too. Depending on how the Rockets do, I'd kick the tires on Westbrook even tho most hate him.

User avatar
In2ition
Posts: 6134
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: Game Day: Warriors (12-47) @ Suns (24-36), Sat 2/29/20

Post by In2ition » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:24 am

ShelC wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:49 am
The guy who keeps popping up is Beal. We need that dynamic, scoring/playmaker in the backcourt. I'd be more inclined to go with a scoring/franchise PG but Rubio and Beal could work just as well and I think Beal would work better with Ayton too. Depending on how the Rockets do, I'd kick the tires on Westbrook even tho most hate him.
You may be right, maybe Beal would be a better fit and closer to a number 1 than Booker.

To me, it just seems like this team is still too talent shallow. They clearly have many holes to fill in this roster. I think they can fill a few holes in the roster this summer, but does it have a true #1 guy?
"30 wins would be an extremely disappointing season" yeah, I said it and I mean it.

User avatar
specialsauce
Posts: 3973
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: Game Day: Warriors (12-47) @ Suns (24-36), Sat 2/29/20

Post by specialsauce » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:42 am

I wouldn’t trade Book for any of the above mentioned players. I’d like to get a #1 to play alongside Booker, not a #1 to replace him

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 9997
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Game Day: Warriors (12-47) @ Suns (24-36), Sat 2/29/20

Post by Indy » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:58 am

Finding a way to get Dinwiddie here would help a lot, and not cost us book or Ayton.

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 16998
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Game Day: Warriors (12-47) @ Suns (24-36), Sat 2/29/20

Post by Superbone » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:05 am

In2ition wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:03 am
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:01 pm
ShelC wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:40 am
Honestly I've been starting to wonder if Book is the guy.
I’ve down this line of thought many times, but the guy is so likeable and the is so lacking in talent, that we keep looking at him as our savior. But maybe this summer is the right summer to finally cut bait for our All Star. What could we get for Booker that fits with Ayton in timeline and on court play?
Would you trade Booker for Barton, MPJ and a resigned Plumlee? As far as building around Ayton, I have a feeling he's going to miss the rest of the season with this ankle injury. It didn't look like a normal turn of the ankle. If the Suns are in the position to draft a big, they should probably think long and hard about picking Wiseman or Okongwu for insurance, since it seems the best teams in the league are big and deep.
I'm sorry but that's ridiculous. It took me a bit to even figure out who MPJ was.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. (Note: Requires full 82 game season.)

User avatar
ShelC
Posts: 5642
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 am

Re: Game Day: Warriors (12-47) @ Suns (24-36), Sat 2/29/20

Post by ShelC » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:06 am

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:42 am
I wouldn’t trade Book for any of the above mentioned players. I’d like to get a #1 to play alongside Booker, not a #1 to replace him
But that means Book or Ayton slides to a #3. Not sure that can work.

User avatar
specialsauce
Posts: 3973
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: Game Day: Warriors (12-47) @ Suns (24-36), Sat 2/29/20

Post by specialsauce » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:13 am

Indy wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:58 am
Finding a way to get Dinwiddie here would help a lot, and not cost us book or Ayton.
Would be great. Happy with FVV too.

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 9997
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Game Day: Warriors (12-47) @ Suns (24-36), Sat 2/29/20

Post by Indy » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:25 am

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:13 am
Indy wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:58 am
Finding a way to get Dinwiddie here would help a lot, and not cost us book or Ayton.
Would be great. Happy with FVV too.
haven't heard FVV is on the block, but it came out around the trade deadline the BKY is thinking about next year when KD is back and were listening (soliciting?) offers for Spencer.

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 9997
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Game Day: Warriors (12-47) @ Suns (24-36), Sat 2/29/20

Post by Indy » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:25 am

ShelC wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:06 am
specialsauce wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:42 am
I wouldn’t trade Book for any of the above mentioned players. I’d like to get a #1 to play alongside Booker, not a #1 to replace him
But that means Book or Ayton slides to a #3. Not sure that can work.
Agreed. If we decide that neither Ayton or Booker are a #1, we'll have to move one (or both?) to get a real #1.

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 8735
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Game Day: Warriors (12-47) @ Suns (24-36), Sat 2/29/20

Post by Split T » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:40 am

Superbone wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:05 am
In2ition wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:03 am
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:01 pm
ShelC wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:40 am
Honestly I've been starting to wonder if Book is the guy.
I’ve down this line of thought many times, but the guy is so likeable and the is so lacking in talent, that we keep looking at him as our savior. But maybe this summer is the right summer to finally cut bait for our All Star. What could we get for Booker that fits with Ayton in timeline and on court play?
Would you trade Booker for Barton, MPJ and a resigned Plumlee? As far as building around Ayton, I have a feeling he's going to miss the rest of the season with this ankle injury. It didn't look like a normal turn of the ankle. If the Suns are in the position to draft a big, they should probably think long and hard about picking Wiseman or Okongwu for insurance, since it seems the best teams in the league are big and deep.
I'm sorry but that's ridiculous. It took me a bit to even figure out who MPJ was.
You may not know who he is, but he’s a very good basketball player. I wouldn’t make the trade, unless Booker was causing problems and asking out, but he’s young, very talented, and a nice fit next to Ayton.
Tyrese Haliburton • Killian Hayes • Devin Vassell • Kira Lewis Jr. • Saddiq Bey • Aaron Nesmith • Theo Maledon • Paul Reed

User avatar
specialsauce
Posts: 3973
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: Game Day: Warriors (12-47) @ Suns (24-36), Sat 2/29/20

Post by specialsauce » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:40 am

Indy wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:25 am
specialsauce wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:13 am
Indy wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:58 am
Finding a way to get Dinwiddie here would help a lot, and not cost us book or Ayton.
Would be great. Happy with FVV too.
haven't heard FVV is on the block, but it came out around the trade deadline the BKY is thinking about next year when KD is back and were listening (soliciting?) offers for Spencer.
I think he’s a FA

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 8735
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Game Day: Warriors (12-47) @ Suns (24-36), Sat 2/29/20

Post by Split T » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:40 am

Indy wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:25 am
specialsauce wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:13 am
Indy wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:58 am
Finding a way to get Dinwiddie here would help a lot, and not cost us book or Ayton.
Would be great. Happy with FVV too.
haven't heard FVV is on the block, but it came out around the trade deadline the BKY is thinking about next year when KD is back and were listening (soliciting?) offers for Spencer.
FVV is a free agent this summer
Tyrese Haliburton • Killian Hayes • Devin Vassell • Kira Lewis Jr. • Saddiq Bey • Aaron Nesmith • Theo Maledon • Paul Reed

User avatar
Nodack
Posts: 3154
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: Game Day: Warriors (12-47) @ Suns (24-36), Sat 2/29/20

Post by Nodack » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:18 am

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:42 am
I wouldn’t trade Book for any of the above mentioned players. I’d like to get a #1 to play alongside Booker, not a #1 to replace him

This

User avatar
specialsauce
Posts: 3973
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: Game Day: Warriors (12-47) @ Suns (24-36), Sat 2/29/20

Post by specialsauce » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:29 pm

I also wouldn’t trade Ayton for most of the players in the league. He’s the defensive center we’ve needed for decades. I’m not trading him for anyone but Giannis, Steph, Klay level players. That doesn’t include KAT to me. I think we just need a star PG to take the playmaking/scoring load off Booker and open up the offense further.

We could use Kelly and whatever assortment of picks necessary + any cap space to add that player and round out our bench.

Post Reply