NBA Season Suspended due to COVID-19

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

Re: NBA Season Suspended due to COVID-19

Post by carey »

How does one isolate themself? Like if I caught it would I have to shut myself in the bedroom and have someone pass food & drink to me? Or do I go to the hospital for 2 weeks?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Wormwood wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:32 pm
Superbone wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:26 pm
Man, oh, man.
I'd say this nullifies the bet, although on a technical reading I'd win, but they probably would have gotten to 30 if they had played it out (though not certain, they were down to like 5 healthy NBA players, and 3 G-League rejects).

SO, call it a push if this turns out to be the end of the season?
Agreed.
"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

carey wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:48 pm
How does one isolate themself? Like if I caught it would I have to shut myself in the bedroom and have someone pass food & drink to me? Or do I go to the hospital for 2 weeks?
If you are sick and well, you should stay home. Hard to isolate from others in the home, but you should do your best to minimize exposure to others. Wash your hands, cover your mouth when you cough.

I work in the ER. People coming to the ER who are young and healthy are only putting others at risk when they present with minor symptoms. They should really just stay home and self quarantine until they’ve completely recovered.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:49 pm
I wonder what this means for Bone’s Vegas bet.
Good question. If the season is over or shortened, I’d imagine it would nullify them and I’d get my original bets back. What happens if it’s shortened and the Suns still get to 30? It would then make sense to honor the over bets.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:13 pm
How will the NBA handle Gobert's illness going forward will be interesting. Clearly this situation supersedes their standard injury protocol. I realize he's an elite athlete and possibly an alien, but Gobert's condition will be a public display of how the virus affects a healthy person.

I'm sure every player in the league was tested today or will be tomorrow at the latest. Why wouldn't they quarantine the infected and restart the season relatively soon? (Likely playing in empty arenas for a while.)
I’m wondering if there could be repercussions if one of the reporters whose microphones he “jokingly” touched get the virus.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Yeah, that was kind of un uncool thing to do.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:15 am
Are you fucking kidding me? NYC is the last place where crowds should be gathered right now.

pickle

Post by pickle »

carey wrote:
If anybody finds themselves symptomatic, then yes, you should isolate yourself as much as possible in one part of the house and avoid contact with others; keep the self-quarantining space well ventilated with fresh outside air but turn off central AC, if the weather allows. Have rest of family wash hands regularly, and do wear a mask if you have to be around other people... that'd be a good start.

Indy

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:
Like the others have said, please stay home unless you have having breathing problems or a high fever that can't be managed with alternating acetaminophen and ibuprofen every 3 hours.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I know this goes without saying, but I sincerely hope that every one of you and your family manage to stay healthy. Statistically some of us are likely to get the darn thing before all is said and done. Or at the very least, some of our loved ones will get it. I hope for the best and hope that everybody will be okay.

I feel bad for Rudy Gobert. He was an idiot with all that mic-touching stuff, but I worry that this will make him a pariah who no one wants to go near for months because they'll think he has the plague. My guess is that a lot of people have it and are carrying it and don't know because our country doesn't have any testing kits to check for it. I worry that suddenly it will just explode in a day or two and be everywhere because we are just letting it spread unchecked.

Indy

Post by Indy »

So Mitchell just tested positive...

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:18 am
I know this goes without saying, but I sincerely hope that every one of you and your family manage to stay healthy. Statistically some of us are likely to get the darn thing before all is said and done. Or at the very least, some of our loved ones will get it. I hope for the best and hope that everybody will be okay.
Estimates are up to 150 million infected in the US alone. That means that, with a 2-3% mortality rate, 3-4.5M dead.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:04 pm
Cap wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:49 pm
I wonder what this means for Bone’s Vegas bet.
Good question. If the season is over or shortened, I’d imagine it would nullify them and I’d get my original bets back. What happens if it’s shortened and the Suns still get to 30? It would then make sense to honor the over bets.
Wasn't the spirit of the bet, even if everyone was healthy and no suspensions were issued ect.(no one could have predicted how this season would have gone), that Worm felt this team was going to be straight @$$ and Super thought it was going to be much better? I think everyone can agree that the team is much closer to much better than what Worm predicted. I'm not telling you guys how to hash this out though.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Can we finally change the Jazz name now? I think we finally found the most fitting name for them, "The Utah Virus". Perfectly fitting for them and their fans.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Cap

Post by Cap »

Should Gobert be disciplined for that crap with the mics?

Indy

Post by Indy »

Cap wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:08 am
Did that happen yesterday, or did the video just come out yesterday? I wasn't sure if it was before he was showing symptoms or not. If after, then of course. Honestly, I would expect if any of those reporters come down with it they will sue for medical bills and pain/suffering/negligence on his part.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Indy wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:22 am
Cap wrote:
Did that happen yesterday, or did the video just come out yesterday? I wasn't sure if it was before he was showing symptoms or not. If after, then of course. Honestly, I would expect if any of those reporters come down with it they will sue for medical bills and pain/suffering/negligence on his part.
It was before he knew he was infected, but that’s kind of the point. The reason we’re told not to do that kind of thing is precisely because we might be carrying the virus and not know it.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Cap wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:25 am
Indy wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:22 am
Cap wrote:
It was before he knew he was infected, but that’s kind of the point. The reason we’re told not to do that kind of thing is precisely because we might be carrying the virus and not know it.
Oh, I agree it was stupid either way. I am just saying if that he was feeling fine and had no idea, it is just him being immature and acting like a 10 year old. If he was already feeling ill, he is knowingly spreading a potentially deadly disease.