NBA FA 2020 & Suns FA targets

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
User avatar
In2ition
Posts: 6362
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: NBA FA 2020 & Suns FA targets

Post by In2ition » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:04 am

This one has been mulling around for me.
If the Suns move up and get a top pick. Could they trade the pick to Detroit along with a sign & trade deal with Saric or Baynes for Kennard, Rose, and a sign & trade of Wood?

I don't know if the Pistons would do something like that, but it would fix a few of the issues the Suns have with the bench. I would think that the bench would be a nice strength at that point.
"30 wins would be an extremely disappointing season" yeah, I said it and I mean it.

Online
User avatar
ShelC
Posts: 6012
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 am

Re: NBA FA 2020 & Suns FA targets

Post by ShelC » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:24 am

I don't think I'd trade a top pick for that kind of deal.

User avatar
specialsauce
Posts: 4198
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: NBA FA 2020 & Suns FA targets

Post by specialsauce » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:02 pm

Not interested in Rose, but I like the other two. Never been a fan of Rose

User avatar
In2ition
Posts: 6362
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: NBA FA 2020 & Suns FA targets

Post by In2ition » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:21 pm

Rose is a very good player especially at backup PG and a good fit next to Booker, but if sauce has a problem with him...I guess it's better to run out Okobo at the position.
"30 wins would be an extremely disappointing season" yeah, I said it and I mean it.

Online
User avatar
ShelC
Posts: 6012
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 am

Re: NBA FA 2020 & Suns FA targets

Post by ShelC » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:24 pm

I don't think Rose fits the culture we're trying to build here. Think he needs more of a veteran team. And he's still not a guy you can rely on night in and night out due to injuries/load management.

User avatar
specialsauce
Posts: 4198
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: NBA FA 2020 & Suns FA targets

Post by specialsauce » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:38 pm

In2ition wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:21 pm
Rose is a very good player especially at backup PG and a good fit next to Booker, but if sauce has a problem with him...I guess it's better to run out Okobo at the position.
Finally you've seen the light!

User avatar
O_Gardino
Posts: 5777
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 12:47 pm
Location: Shreveport, LA

Re: NBA FA 2020 & Suns FA targets

Post by O_Gardino » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:06 pm

In2 really likes Kennard and Wood.

Depends on where the Pistons pick falls.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

User avatar
In2ition
Posts: 6362
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: NBA FA 2020 & Suns FA targets

Post by In2ition » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:16 pm

specialsauce wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:38 pm
In2ition wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:21 pm
Rose is a very good player especially at backup PG and a good fit next to Booker, but if sauce has a problem with him...I guess it's better to run out Okobo at the position.
Finally you've seen the light!
Haha. I'll try to figure out something with a different backup PG.
"30 wins would be an extremely disappointing season" yeah, I said it and I mean it.

User avatar
In2ition
Posts: 6362
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: NBA FA 2020 & Suns FA targets

Post by In2ition » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:17 pm

O_Gardino wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:06 pm
In2 really likes Kennard and Wood.

Depends on where the Pistons pick falls.
Yeah, you're right. I would really like to improve the team and I think they both do that.
"30 wins would be an extremely disappointing season" yeah, I said it and I mean it.

User avatar
O_Gardino
Posts: 5777
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 12:47 pm
Location: Shreveport, LA

Re: NBA FA 2020 & Suns FA targets

Post by O_Gardino » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:34 pm

In2ition wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:17 pm
O_Gardino wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:06 pm
In2 really likes Kennard and Wood.

Depends on where the Pistons pick falls.
Yeah, you're right. I would really like to improve the team and I think they both do that.
No argument here. Kennard + Wood > Baynes + Saric.

The Pistons could potentially be anywhere from 2-9 in this scenario. Obvs, I would do it for #2, but not #9. I don't know where my cutoff is.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

User avatar
In2ition
Posts: 6362
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: NBA FA 2020 & Suns FA targets

Post by In2ition » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:37 pm

O_Gardino wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:34 pm
In2ition wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:17 pm
O_Gardino wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:06 pm
In2 really likes Kennard and Wood.

Depends on where the Pistons pick falls.
Yeah, you're right. I would really like to improve the team and I think they both do that.
No argument here. Kennard + Wood > Baynes + Saric.

The Pistons could potentially be anywhere from 2-9 in this scenario. Obvs, I would do it for #2, but not #9. I don't know where my cutoff is.
I'm confused by this. What do you mean?
"30 wins would be an extremely disappointing season" yeah, I said it and I mean it.

User avatar
In2ition
Posts: 6362
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: NBA FA 2020 & Suns FA targets

Post by In2ition » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:54 pm

I think the offseason could be something like the following:
Draft - Suns pick between: Riller, Anthony, Vassell, Toppin(if he falls)

FA: Suns sign Joe Harris, Chris Boucher & maybe a center.

Those who leave the Suns: Baynes, Okobo, Carter, Owens

Rubio/Riller/Lecque
Booker/Harris/Jerome
Bridges/Johnson/??
Oubre/Johnson/Boucher/Saric
Ayton/Kaminsky/Saric
"30 wins would be an extremely disappointing season" yeah, I said it and I mean it.

User avatar
O_Gardino
Posts: 5777
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 12:47 pm
Location: Shreveport, LA

Re: NBA FA 2020 & Suns FA targets

Post by O_Gardino » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:16 pm

In2ition wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:37 pm
O_Gardino wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:34 pm
In2ition wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:17 pm
O_Gardino wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:06 pm
In2 really likes Kennard and Wood.

Depends on where the Pistons pick falls.
Yeah, you're right. I would really like to improve the team and I think they both do that.
No argument here. Kennard + Wood > Baynes + Saric.

The Pistons could potentially be anywhere from 2-9 in this scenario. Obvs, I would do it for #2, but not #9. I don't know where my cutoff is.
I'm confused by this. What do you mean?
This Pistons pick could be anywhere as bad as #9, depending on how the lottery shakes out. I wouldn't do your proposed trade if the pistons fall to #9, but I might at #6.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

User avatar
In2ition
Posts: 6362
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: NBA FA 2020 & Suns FA targets

Post by In2ition » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:32 pm

O_Gardino wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:16 pm
In2ition wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:37 pm
O_Gardino wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:34 pm
In2ition wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:17 pm
O_Gardino wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:06 pm
In2 really likes Kennard and Wood.

Depends on where the Pistons pick falls.
Yeah, you're right. I would really like to improve the team and I think they both do that.
No argument here. Kennard + Wood > Baynes + Saric.

The Pistons could potentially be anywhere from 2-9 in this scenario. Obvs, I would do it for #2, but not #9. I don't know where my cutoff is.
I'm confused by this. What do you mean?
This Pistons pick could be anywhere as bad as #9, depending on how the lottery shakes out. I wouldn't do your proposed trade if the pistons fall to #9, but I might at #6.
This is why I was confused, since I never suggested a trade in which the Suns got the Pistons pick back.
"30 wins would be an extremely disappointing season" yeah, I said it and I mean it.

User avatar
O_Gardino
Posts: 5777
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 12:47 pm
Location: Shreveport, LA

Re: NBA FA 2020 & Suns FA targets

Post by O_Gardino » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:40 pm

In2ition wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:32 pm
O_Gardino wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:16 pm
In2ition wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:37 pm
O_Gardino wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:34 pm
In2ition wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:17 pm


Yeah, you're right. I would really like to improve the team and I think they both do that.
No argument here. Kennard + Wood > Baynes + Saric.

The Pistons could potentially be anywhere from 2-9 in this scenario. Obvs, I would do it for #2, but not #9. I don't know where my cutoff is.
I'm confused by this. What do you mean?
This Pistons pick could be anywhere as bad as #9, depending on how the lottery shakes out. I wouldn't do your proposed trade if the pistons fall to #9, but I might at #6.
This is why I was confused, since I never suggested a trade in which the Suns got the Pistons pick back.
Wow, I just assumed. Absolute no-go to dump a high pick for 2 role players.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

User avatar
INFORMER
Posts: 5594
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:19 pm

Re: NBA FA 2020 & Suns FA targets

Post by INFORMER » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:11 pm

Rose is a good player, but I can't get past the character issues. No desire to see him as a Sun.

It would be great if the Suns could get a top 4 pick. That would really open up trade possibilities.
2020 Draft: Aaron Nesmith - Paul Reed - Reggie Perry - Leandro Bolmaro - Lamine Diane - Jalen Smith - Desmond Bane - Rayshaun Hammonds - Sam Merrill - Tre Jones - Tyler Bey

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 17673
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: NBA FA 2020 & Suns FA targets

Post by Superbone » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:20 pm

INFORMER wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:11 pm
Rose is a good player, but I can't get past the character issues. No desire to see him as a Sun.
This exactly.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. (Note: Requires full 82 game season.)

User avatar
INFORMER
Posts: 5594
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:19 pm

Re: NBA FA 2020 & Suns FA targets

Post by INFORMER » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:52 pm

Tremont Waters:

2020 Draft: Aaron Nesmith - Paul Reed - Reggie Perry - Leandro Bolmaro - Lamine Diane - Jalen Smith - Desmond Bane - Rayshaun Hammonds - Sam Merrill - Tre Jones - Tyler Bey

User avatar
INFORMER
Posts: 5594
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:19 pm

Re: NBA FA 2020 & Suns FA targets

Post by INFORMER » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:55 pm

Jordan McLaughlin:

2020 Draft: Aaron Nesmith - Paul Reed - Reggie Perry - Leandro Bolmaro - Lamine Diane - Jalen Smith - Desmond Bane - Rayshaun Hammonds - Sam Merrill - Tre Jones - Tyler Bey

Online
User avatar
Split T
Posts: 9016
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: NBA FA 2020 & Suns FA targets

Post by Split T » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:29 pm

Thoughts on Shane Larkin? We’ve discussed him briefly. He said he won’t come back to the nba unless he has a rotation spot(18-25 minutes a game) He’s on a 2 year 7 million contract in Turkey with an NBA out. Could we get him for the room exception? Same contract we gave Kaminsky. Would you feel comfortable giving him the backup pg role? I like Carter a little, but he feels more like a 3rd strong guy. Okobo and Jerome have been bad. Maybe Payne sticks, but I’d give Larkin a serious look, he’s been tearing it up overseas.
Tyrese Haliburton • Devin Vassell • Aaron Nesmith • Patrick Williams • Zeke Nnaji • Paul Reed • Tyrell Terry • Desmond Bane

Post Reply