Suns Videos That Make Me Happy

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
User avatar
Cap
Posts: 6459
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:08 pm

Re: Suns Videos That Make Me Happy

Post by Cap » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:27 pm

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:13 pm
I wonder if people thought McCoy was douchey when he was 40 years younger.
When he was 40 years younger, I was 40 years younger, and I didn’t think he was douchey.

Of course, I was 10.
JJ will be better than KP when all is said and done [in 2020]. Mark it. — AIG, with Indy betting against

My [2019-20] prediction is better than mid 30s... mark it down! — Superbone

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 17266
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Suns Videos That Make Me Happy

Post by Superbone » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:36 pm

Cap wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:27 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:13 pm
I wonder if people thought McCoy was douchey when he was 40 years younger.
When he was 40 years younger, I was 40 years younger, and I didn’t think he was douchey.

Of course, I was 10.
Happy 50th, dude!
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. (Note: Requires full 82 game season.)

User avatar
Cap
Posts: 6459
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:08 pm

Re: Suns Videos That Make Me Happy

Post by Cap » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:37 pm

Superbone wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:36 pm
Cap wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:27 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:13 pm
I wonder if people thought McCoy was douchey when he was 40 years younger.
When he was 40 years younger, I was 40 years younger, and I didn’t think he was douchey.

Of course, I was 10.
Happy 50th, dude!
That was in November, but thanks.
JJ will be better than KP when all is said and done [in 2020]. Mark it. — AIG, with Indy betting against

My [2019-20] prediction is better than mid 30s... mark it down! — Superbone

User avatar
Nodack
Posts: 3312
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: Suns Videos That Make Me Happy

Post by Nodack » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:22 pm

Al McCoy has a gift. He could say elevates and detonates and we would love it because of the way he says it. When Leander says it it sounds like him trying to be McCoy in his own way and he’s not. He’s a local boy, grew up watching Al and probably thought he would fill Al’s shoes. He should give up trying to be Al and just be himself and he would probably do better.

I like Kray alright. I don’t love him. He sounds like a professional broadcaster. He has no connection with the Suns that I know of and isn’t from Phoenix is he?

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 17266
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Suns Videos That Make Me Happy

Post by Superbone » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:00 pm

Cap wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:37 pm
Superbone wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:36 pm
Cap wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:27 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:13 pm
I wonder if people thought McCoy was douchey when he was 40 years younger.
When he was 40 years younger, I was 40 years younger, and I didn’t think he was douchey.

Of course, I was 10.
Happy 50th, dude!
That was in November, but thanks.
Every day is a gift!
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. (Note: Requires full 82 game season.)

User avatar
The Bobster
Posts: 4202
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:04 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Suns Videos That Make Me Happy

Post by The Bobster » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:18 pm

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:13 pm
I wonder if people thought McCoy was douchey when he was 40 years younger.
No.

But he was and is a bit of a homer. Most broadcasters are.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 17266
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Suns Videos That Make Me Happy

Post by Superbone » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:02 pm

The Bobster wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:18 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:13 pm
I wonder if people thought McCoy was douchey when he was 40 years younger.
No.

But he was and is a bit of a homer. Most broadcasters are.
They should be unless it’s a national broadcast and you’re not affiliated. However, my favorite opponent announcers are ones that see the good in your team too and at least try to be a little unbiased on close calls.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. (Note: Requires full 82 game season.)

User avatar
Nodack
Posts: 3312
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: Suns Videos That Make Me Happy

Post by Nodack » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:31 pm

Like EJ. He calls it like he sees it and I love that. If.

User avatar
bajanguy008
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:28 pm

Re: Suns Videos That Make Me Happy

Post by bajanguy008 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:21 am

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

User avatar
ShelC
Posts: 5758
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 am

Re: Suns Videos That Make Me Happy

Post by ShelC » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:39 am

Great highlight reel showing their willingness to pass to each other and move off the ball to get into space. It's not 3 guys just standing around watching and waiting to shoot. I still don't know if either of those 3 can or should play the 4 fulltime but I love seeing them out there. You get the positionless look at the 2-3-4 spots with long, rangy wings who can all pretty much dribble, pass, shoot and switch on defense. I always felt the 7SOL teams weren't necessarily small because of Shawn at the 4, but because of Amar'e at the 5. If we have Ayton there with his bigger body, rebounding and (improving) defense, maybe we can get away with Cam/Bridges/Oubre at the 4.

User avatar
SDC
Posts: 3963
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:25 pm

Re: Suns Videos That Make Me Happy

Post by SDC » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:14 am

the suns have a deep team. if booker shows steady leadership, my prediction for this team may still come true in this pandemic playoffs.

User avatar
SDC
Posts: 3963
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:25 pm

Re: Suns Videos That Make Me Happy

Post by SDC » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:29 am

the first time all 5 players in the 2010 2nd unit won "player of the game"


User avatar
SDC
Posts: 3963
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:25 pm

Re: Suns Videos That Make Me Happy

Post by SDC » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:37 am

One of the Suns greatest Playoff accomplishments


User avatar
Indy
Posts: 10176
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Suns Videos That Make Me Happy

Post by Indy » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:35 am

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:13 pm
I wonder if people thought McCoy was douchey when he was 40 years younger.
Al wasN'T a rich prep school kid, so a lot harder to be a douche.
Last edited by Indy on Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 10176
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Suns Videos That Make Me Happy

Post by Indy » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:35 am

Superbone wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:00 pm
Cap wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:37 pm
Superbone wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:36 pm
Cap wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:27 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:13 pm
I wonder if people thought McCoy was douchey when he was 40 years younger.
When he was 40 years younger, I was 40 years younger, and I didn’t think he was douchey.

Of course, I was 10.
Happy 50th, dude!
That was in November, but thanks.
Every day is a gift!
Happy belated, cap!

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 17266
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Suns Videos That Make Me Happy

Post by Superbone » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:12 am

Indy wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:35 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:13 pm
I wonder if people thought McCoy was douchey when he was 40 years younger.
Al was a rich prep school kid, so a lot harder to be a douche.
I'm not following your logic there.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. (Note: Requires full 82 game season.)

User avatar
Nodack
Posts: 3312
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: Suns Videos That Make Me Happy

Post by Nodack » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:20 pm

Yeah, me neither. Were you a rich prep school kid by chance Indy?

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 10176
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Suns Videos That Make Me Happy

Post by Indy » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:23 am

my bad guys--fixed.

User avatar
bajanguy008
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:28 pm

Re: Suns Videos That Make Me Happy

Post by bajanguy008 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:16 am

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

User avatar
ShelC
Posts: 5758
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 am

Re: Suns Videos That Make Me Happy

Post by ShelC » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:28 am


Post Reply