The Check-In Thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
jonh

Re: The Check-In Thread

Post by jonh »

Now would be a good time to publicly let you know both that I love my wife very much and that she frequently has access to the computer I use to post on this site.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

jonh wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:46 pm
Now would be a good time to publicly let you know both that I love my wife very much and that she frequently has access to the computer I use to post on this site.
Good man.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

jonh wrote:
Wink twice if you are typing under duress. :lol:
"Be Legendary."

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:48 am
O_Gardino wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:58 am
The Gardino's haven't been too badly affected by any of the national/global craziness this year. I'm lucky enough to work in a field where we can all work from home. The lack of extra curricular activities has been really nice for the fam as a whole. Wifey has a compromised immune system, and my mother in law, who lives with us, is almost 80. So we have been very selective in what we go out for. I absolutely love it. Video games and camping in the yard with my kids is 90% of what I need to be happy.

On other fronts it's been rough lately.

My oldest son's ADHD meds just weren't working, and we finally convinced ourselves and the doctor to do an autism evaluation. We don't have the results (which is stressing out Wifey), but based on the questions in the eval, we know. He's smart and friendly, but there isn't going to be a pill that magically helps him deal with life's constant changes.

Wifey's situation may also be worse than we thought. Her doctor thinks she has me/cfs which can last years and often keeps people stuck in bed. We are working to get insurance to pay for the testing needed to confirm or deny that diagnosis.
Thanks for sharing. My brother has a son on the autism spectrum, and it brings various challenges for them. For example, he just loathes "new" things, unfamiliar situations; loves routine and repetition. Makes it hard for them to take him on travels, or when he goes to a new grade/room in school or day care. Hope you guys are coping okay.
Thanks Mori. We're emotional, but we have good friends and family to lean on. It sounds like your brother know what his kid needs, which is awesome even when things are hard.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

jonh wrote:
We hear ya loud and clear. If your wife ever borrows your user account, we will treat her very respectfully. After all, you've told us many many times how special she is to you and how happy you are to have her in your life.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

Great topic, Carey!

Nice to hear from all of you.
Down here in Brazil it's crazy. And I think crazy is an understatement.
Today, with all the numbers being submitted late, we had almost 1500 dead in one day. More than 30000 total. The stupid president (another understatement) don't believe the virus is so lethal and it's warring with the state governors cause he don't want any quarantine. The political situation here is beyond bizarre. And it's not like brazilians haven't seen bizarre before.

Life is getting hard on the financial side too. I think I lost more than 12 students, and the government help doesn't cover 3 of them.

At least no one of my family got the virus. I have type 2 diabetes, so I'm very afraid, but so far so good. Just hoping that shit end soon.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Furlanfufi wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:38 pm
Great topic, Carey!

Today, with all the numbers being submitted late, we had almost 1500 dead in one day. More than 30000 total. The stupid president (another understatement) don't believe the virus is so lethal and it's warring with the state governors cause he don't want any quarantine. The political situation here is beyond bizarre. And it's not like brazilians haven't seen bizarre before.

Life is getting hard on the financial side too. I think I lost more than 12 students, and the government help doesn't cover 3 of them.

At least no one of my family got the virus. I have type 2 diabetes, so I'm very afraid, but so far so good. Just hoping that shit end soon.
Dude! You live in Brazil? That’s one of the top places I want to visit.
"Be Legendary."

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:03 pm
Furlanfufi wrote:
Great topic, Carey!

Yeah, I'm brazilian.

Man, just wait for this crisis to pass.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, I'm posting more and more videos of me and my students singing.
If you want to check out: www.youtube.com/thiagofurlan

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Furlanfufi wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:45 pm
Superbone wrote:
Furlanfufi wrote:
Great topic, Carey!

Yeah, I'm brazilian.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, I'm posting more and more videos of me and my students singing.
For sure. I’ll see you there in a year or two.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Furlanfufi wrote:
Good stuff, man. I listened to a bit of it. Nice guitar chops and singing.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Nice stuff my brother musician! I am playing my first gig since March 9 tomorrow.

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:13 pm
Furlanfufi wrote:
Good stuff, man. I listened to a bit of it. Nice guitar chops and singing.
Thanks!!!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:03 am
Nice stuff my brother musician! I am playing my first gig since March 9 tomorrow.
Awesome to hear that! Did you ever figure out how to get some unemployment?!
"Be Legendary."

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Nodack wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 9:19 pm
I worry more about you in Hong Kong.
Thanks -- more or less ok here, new law isn't great but it just makes what used to be an illegal but taken-for-granted situation legal. The mainland has been pulling the strings behind the police for a while now.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Indy wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:51 am
virtual9mm wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 6:47 pm
I am glad that everyone is doing all right for the most part. Carey, thanks for putting it together.

I'm still out in Hong Kong and COVID is functionally extinct here -- but we have our own problems to worry about. But this should be the kind of thing that should be ok if we keep our heads down. I am worried about my parents in Phoenix, though. They've started going to church (masked, thankfully) and eating out at restaurants.
We still have plenty of friends in the Valley, and so many of them are "hey everything opened up, so it must be safe! Let's go do an escape room!" Ugh.
And folks won't even wear masks...just glad it's summer in AZ for once.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:53 am
I was just reading through one of the initial Covid threads over the weekend and saw my dude Sauce and I think I'm forgetting someone my apologies dealing with patients
Hope they're doing alright
I'm seeing most the regulars when I reading through so glad you guys seem ok. Know I'm the Caribbean dude and here in Barbados the deaths haven't been anything crazy but our island like many is Tourism reliant so that's the major issue. I'm one of those tied to the hotel industry as I'm a night auditor and it just doesn't seem like travel and hotel occupancy is going to be good anytime soon. Try not to be too doom n gloom but yea that's the awful truth. My family household n extended fam are all fine as it's nothing crazy like u guys although my cable provider feeds come from Miami n NY so I would never really get reports about Phx.
Anyways sorry to ramble :oops:
Saucy -- holding up ok? I was talking to doctor friends in March and it seemed really bad for a while.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

O_Gardino wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:58 am
The Gardino's haven't been too badly affected by any of the national/global craziness this year. I'm lucky enough to work in a field where we can all work from home. The lack of extra curricular activities has been really nice for the fam as a whole. Wifey has a compromised immune system, and my mother in law, who lives with us, is almost 80. So we have been very selective in what we go out for. I absolutely love it. Video games and camping in the yard with my kids is 90% of what I need to be happy.

On other fronts it's been rough lately.

My oldest son's ADHD meds just weren't working, and we finally convinced ourselves and the doctor to do an autism evaluation. We don't have the results (which is stressing out Wifey), but based on the questions in the eval, we know. He's smart and friendly, but there isn't going to be a pill that magically helps him deal with life's constant changes.

Wifey's situation may also be worse than we thought. Her doctor thinks she has me/cfs which can last years and often keeps people stuck in bed. We are working to get insurance to pay for the testing needed to confirm or deny that diagnosis.
I think I had CFS for a while. TBH it had a lot to do with stress. Every once in a while, it comes back but thankfully it seems to go away with lower stress levels.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Furlanfufi wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Furlanfufi wrote:
Great topic, Carey!

Yeah, I'm brazilian.

Good luck down there -- hear things are getting really bad.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Nodack wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:03 am
How did it go?

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

jonh wrote:
LOL sounds like the kind of relationship I have with my wife. If you ever see anything from me that looks like a cat might have written it, that's probably my wife. She'll hijack my Facebook on occasion.