Around the League: Coronavirus Break

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: Around the League: Coronavirus Break

Post by Mori Chu »

Gosh it feels good to watch NBA basketball, even for a brief clip. This week / weekend are going to be fun.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

And I should own up that I was wrong; I thought they would end up being forced to cancel the season because of bad COVID numbers in Florida. But they've pressed on, and it looks like so far they are keeping things under control. Here's hoping.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:34 pm
And I should own up that I was wrong; I thought they would end up being forced to cancel the season because of bad COVID numbers in Florida. But they've pressed on, and it looks like so far they are keeping things under control. Here's hoping.
same here. glad they were able to keep everyone away from the hundreds of thousands of infected floridians.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Indy wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:31 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
same here. glad they were able to keep everyone away from the hundreds of thousands of infected floridians.
Their operation has been impressive from an outsiders view of what they share

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:36 pm
Indy wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:31 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Their operation has been impressive from an outsiders view of what they share
Is the government paying attention?
"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Dwight Howard might be the dumbest, least likable player in the NBA.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Shabazz wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:12 pm
Dwight Howard might be the dumbest, least likable player in the NBA.
It's like he never grew up. I can't wait for him to retire and not be relevant anymore.

Indy

Post by Indy »

what happened?

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

He came out as an anti-vaxxer and anti-masker and then doubled down with some dumb comment about how "if you have an opinion, don't let anyone convince you otherwise."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Shabazz wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:54 pm
He came out as an anti-vaxxer and anti-masker and then doubled down with some dumb comment about how "if you have an opinion, don't let anyone convince you otherwise."
He's dead to me.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Shabazz wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:54 pm
jfc

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

This sentence will be the first time Dwight Howard and the word logic have been used together.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Cap

Post by Cap »

I did say something about, I don’t believe in vaccines. And, no, I don’t. And that is my personal opinion.

And everybody that’s out there, man, listen. If you’ve got an opinion on something, don’t let nobody change your opinion on it. Stand down on your 10 toes and believe in it. Don’t let nobody change your thoughts and your opinions and whatever, because those are your thoughts and your opinions.

So, I don’t believe in vaccines myself. Will vaccines work for some people? They may, or they may not. But, for me, I don’t believe in them. And that is my opinion, and I’m going to stick with that.
2:45 in this video:

Indy

Post by Indy »

Cap wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:39 pm
I did say something about, I don’t believe in vaccines. And, no, I don’t. And that is my personal opinion.

And everybody that’s out there, man, listen. If you’ve got an opinion on something, don’t let nobody change your opinion on it. Stand down on your 10 toes and believe in it. Don’t let nobody change your thoughts and your opinions and whatever, because those are your thoughts and your opinions.

So, I don’t believe in vaccines myself. Will vaccines work for some people? They may, or they may not. But, for me, I don’t believe in them. And that is my opinion, and I’m going to stick with that.
idiocy

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:50 pm
Cap wrote:

idiocy
Yep, even worse when spoken. Yes, it's literal idiocy. Somebody that makes up their mind and refuses to listen to others or learn from their mistakes is a true idiot.
"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

Indy wrote:
Cap wrote:

idiocy
I think the word you’re looking for is conservatism.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:01 pm
Indy wrote:
Cap wrote:

idiocy
Yep, even worse when spoken. Yes, it's literal idiocy. Somebody that makes up their mind and refuses to listen to others or learn from their mistakes is a true idiot.
Right there with Allen Iverson “practice” speech. No wonder why Kobe and Nash failed to connect with the guy on that Lakers “super” team.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

? The Iverson "practice" speech is legendary.

This is more in line with Kyrie's nonsense. I don't know if these guys really mean what they say, if they're looking for attention from the media, or if they think they're being smarter/philosophical with these statements but it's scary when you have so many young fans reading/hearing these things and taking them seriously.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Part of the criticism on Iverson was precisely that it could rub on many young athletes, specially the gifted ones. Of course going from an sports injury to an already critical health situation it’s a complete new level of idiocy, but Allen was a true pioneer on forgetting the role model obligations the players have in front of the microphones ( off court stuff have been present forever, but you know what I mean)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:56 pm
? The Iverson "practice" speech is legendary.

This is more in line with Kyrie's nonsense. I don't know if these guys really mean what they say, if they're looking for attention from the media, or if they think they're being smarter/philosophical with these statements but it's scary when you have so many young fans reading/hearing these things and taking them seriously.
This. One is legendary. The other is the opposite of legendary.
"Be Legendary."