Around the League: Coronavirus Break

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Cap

Re: Around the League: Coronavirus Break

Post by Cap »

Hmm, dinner time. What do I want to eat? Oh yeah, pussy.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Weird.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:44 pm
Superbone wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:03 pm
jonh wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:26 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:57 am
LOL, "picking up food at" the strip club, okay.
Maybe some type of seafood?
I was thinking Mexican. Maybe tacos?
Definitely beef. Probably skirt steak.
I heard the box smelled like fish.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

14 Florida Marlins players and coaches have tested positive in the past two days, so it's glaringly obvious how important it is to keep the players isolated from the outside during the season.

I don;t see how the NFL and MLB can hope to have any control over how many players come down with the virus since some of them are going to show poor judgement. The NBA is already experiencing that even though they have their player in a "bubble" isolated from the public.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

The Bobster wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:57 am
14 Florida Marlins players and coaches have tested positive in the past two days, so it's glaringly obvious how important it is to keep the players isolated from the outside during the season.

I don;t see how the NFL and MLB can hope to have any control over how many players come down with the virus since some of them are going to show poor judgement. The NBA is already experiencing that even though they have their player in a "bubble" isolated from the public.
Play outside a bubble is just not going to last for now.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Split T

Post by Split T »

That’s not even counting the play in game. We only need to get to the 9th seed. I wonder what our odds are for that.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:31 am
That’s not even counting the play in game. We only need to get to the 9th seed. I wonder what our odds are for that.
I think we need the 9th seed AND be within a couple (?) games of the 8th seed, right?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:40 am
Split T wrote:
I think we need the 9th seed AND be within a couple (?) games of the 8th seed, right?
Within 4 games.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

The Bobster wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:57 am

Some commissioners are making bad decisions. Look at how quickly Silver shut down games for the season (literally within hours of someone testing positive) and how strict his rules were for getting going again. I wonder how much money MLB and the NFL will lose because they haven't done something similar--especially considering they had 4 months to develop a plan. it is crazy.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:41 am
Indy wrote:
Split T wrote:
Within 4 games.
thanks. I thought it was 4 but it sounded like way too many.

We basically have to win every game, and then I think we still need help because we aren't playing ANY of the teams between 8-12.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:44 am
Superbone wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:41 am
Indy wrote:
Split T wrote:
Within 4 games.
thanks. I thought it was 4 but it sounded like way too many.

We basically have to win every game, and then I think we still need help because we aren't playing ANY of the teams between 8-12.
Right. If we were to miraculously move into 9th, we'd most likely easily be within 4 games. And that stinks that we're not playing ANY of the teams we need to close ground on.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

We need 3 more wins than Blazers/Pelicans/Kings and 2 more wins than spurs. So the best anyone from the first group can go and still give us a chance is 5-3. If anyone wins 6, we’re out.

So 8-0 and maybe 7-1 is our only chance and that’s still no guarantee. It’s fun to keep the dream alive, but we’re highly unlikely to make it and we should focus on other forms of success.

All I’m looking for is fun basketball and to see some jumps by a few young guys. Bridges and Ayton especially. If Cam/Jerome want to show us something, then that’s a bonus. Same with going .500 or better..just a bonus!

Also, we’ve got to win 2 more games than the grizzlies. We can go 8-0 all we want, but if they go 7-1, it won’t matter that we moved up to 9, there will be no play in game.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Split T wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:14 am
We need 3 more wins than Blazers/Pelicans/Kings and 2 more wins than spurs. So the best anyone from the first group can go and still give us a chance is 5-3. If anyone wins 6, we’re out.

So 8-0 and maybe 7-1 is our only chance and that’s still no guarantee. It’s fun to keep the dream alive, but we’re highly unlikely to make it and we should focus on other forms of success.

All I’m looking for is fun basketball and to see some jumps by a few young guys. Bridges and Ayton especially. If Cam/Jerome want to show us something, then that’s a bonus. Same with going .500 or better..just a bonus!

Also, we’ve got to win 2 more games than the grizzlies. We can go 8-0 all we want, but if they go 7-1, it won’t matter that we moved up to 9, there will be no play in game.
Thank you, your post puts so much needed clarity, not that I thinking about it seriously, but still good to know. Hopefully the guys takes a couple wins to start, so they gain some momentum to go all out at least half this mini season.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:24 am
Split T wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:14 am

Thank you, your post puts so much needed clarity, not that I thinking about it seriously, but still good to know. Hopefully the guys takes a couple wins to start, so they gain some momentum to go all out at least half this mini season.
Yep. I just want to get excited about the potential for next season. Won't have to wait long.
"Be Legendary."

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

I thought twice of making light of the situation but as y'all already gave it a go
Y'all can debate what the appetizer was but main course was the Wings :) !! No stereotyping here lol

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:07 am

So how does someone outside the US place a bet
Let me get in on that action smh lol :twisted:
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:06 am
I thought twice of making light of the situation but as y'all already gave it a go
Y'all can debate what the appetizer was but main course was the Wings :) !! No stereotyping here lol

<wings menu>
I love me some wings but there was a whole lot of jerking going on on that menu.
"Be Legendary."

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

"Uncle Jeff Honey Jerk"

No, thank you.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

O_Gardino wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:35 pm