Suns News: Coronavirus Break

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
In2ition

Re: Suns News: Coronavirus Break

Post by In2ition »

INFORMER wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:15 pm
In2ition wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:20 pm
Superbone wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:19 pm
In2ition wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:16 pm
Split T wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:11 pm
Listening to Sam Vecenie’s game theory podcast. They are reacting to the early scrimmages, nice little section on Mikal Bridges. Sam says Mikal will be on an All-Defense team next year and then says he majorly screwed up leaving him off his top 50 rookie contract guys. Nice to see people seeing how good Mikal is.
Hell yeah he did. Didn't he have Miles Bridges above Mikal?
He figured he'd burn that Bridge(s) after he crossed it.
Haha.

I just looked at it and yes, he had Miles at 46 and Mikal missed the cut. :roll:
Mikal was bad a good chunk of this season. I don't think ranking a player that averages 13 ppg over a player that averages 8 is a crime. I'm not saying I prefer Miles, but come on, we're giving Mikal a lot of credit for 8 games and 2 scrimmages, and one of the scrimmages he was 5-13 from the field.
Did I say it was criminal? It just seems pretty off to me that he covers the NBA and has guys like PJ Washington, Kevin Huerter, Darius Garland, Cam Reddish, Miles Bridges and De'Andre Hunter above Cam Johnson, let alone Mikal. It's silly imo, as is your framing of what I was saying.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

In2ition wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:22 pm
INFORMER wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:16 pm

Hell yeah he did. Didn't he have Miles Bridges above Mikal?
Haha.

I just looked at it and yes, he had Miles at 46 and Mikal missed the cut. :roll:
Mikal was bad a good chunk of this season. I don't think ranking a player that averages 13 ppg over a player that averages 8 is a crime. I'm not saying I prefer Miles, but come on, we're giving Mikal a lot of credit for 8 games and 2 scrimmages, and one of the scrimmages he was 5-13 from the field.
Did I say it was criminal? It just seems pretty off to me that he covers the NBA and has guys like PJ Washington, Kevin Huerter, Darius Garland, Cam Reddish, Miles Bridges and De'Andre Hunter above Cam Johnson, let alone Mikal. It's silly imo, as is your framing of what I was saying.
No, "criminal" was my word, and I am sorry if you feel that significantly distorts your point; that wasn't my intention.

Cam Reddish is awful; he doesn't belong on any "best" list. Neither does Garland. I can see Huerter above Cam. And we've discussed PJ Wshington before; agree to disagree there.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

INFORMER wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:36 pm
In2ition wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Superbone wrote:

Haha.

No, "criminal" was my word, and I am sorry if you feel that significantly distorts your point; that wasn't my intention.

Cam Reddish is awful; he doesn't belong on any "best" list. Neither does Garland. I can see Huerter above Cam. And we've discussed PJ Wshington before; agree to disagree there.
Reddish looked really, really good for the last stretch of the season.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Shabazz wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:04 pm
INFORMER wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:36 pm
In2ition wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
In2ition wrote:

Haha.

Reddish looked really, really good for the last stretch of the season.
This is true 👍
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

NBA.com's Suns restart preview:

https://www.nba.com/2019-20-season-reset-suns
Breakout player: Kelly Oubre Jr. was rewarded with a two-year contract in the offseason not long after arriving from Washington and immediately paid off as a No. 2 scoring option alongside star guard Devin Booker. He’s having a career-best season, averaging 18.7 ppg and shooting 35.2% on 3-pointers and is the Suns’ No. 2 rebounder (6.4 rpg). However, he will miss the season restart because of a torn meniscus.

Statement win: It wasn’t a team statement as much as an individual one when Rubio returned to Utah and flexed on Feb. 24. The Jazz passed on re-signing him last summer and instead traded for Mike Conley. However, Rubio has enjoyed better moments with his new team than Conley has in Utah for much of 2019-20. That was all evident in a 20-point Suns when Rubio ran wild (22 points, 11 assists, seven steals) while Conley struggled (eight points, three turnovers).
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.