Suns News: Coronavirus Break

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Aztec Sunsfan

Re: Suns News: Coronavirus Break

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

From an article right netx to Ayton’s:

Williams commented on their departure on Saturday.

“Particulars and the details of it all I don’t want to get into,” he said. “Organizations go through change and there are times where guys have to make decisions that are best for them and their families.

“It’s a tough loss for us to not have those guys but those decisions have to be made and as a leader I have to respect what’s best for the organization and best for individuals.”

https://arizonasports.com/story/2325282 ... aff-monty/

It’s seems to me, that those guys were nervous about going into the bubble on an expiring contract, refusing to go without any further assurances and the FO let them go home.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

What did I tell you, Saucy?
"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:44 am
What did I tell you, Saucy?
That clip was him packing for ORL. I’ll believe it when i see him at practice!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I’m watching a show on NBA TV called Four Quarters. It’s two hours long and features the Suns. Right now I’m watching Steve Nash give out 12 dimes in the first quarter of a game against the Heat from 2006. Pat Riley is coaching the Heat.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:14 am
I’m watching a show on NBA TV called Four Quarters. It’s two hours long and features the Suns. Right now I’m watching Steve Nash give out 12 dimes in the first quarter of a game against the Heat from 2006. Pat Riley is coaching the Heat.
30-10 with 4:15 to go. :)
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:38 am
Superbone wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:14 am
30-10 with 4:15 to go. :)
Pat Burke sighting. 3.3 seconds on the clock from the other end line and Nash passes it down court to Raja Bell in the corner for a 3 at the buzzer and Nash’s 12th assist of the quarter setting a Phoenix Suns record. Suns 47 - Heat 25.
"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

3rdside wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:55 am
Rubio being down there makes me happy. It's still a long shot we make the playoffs, but I just want to see good basketball and some hope for next season if we have a full squad.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I'm still not sure if he's down there. Like Saucy said, he was only shown packing for the trip and has been conspicuously absent from all practice videos.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Apparently Windhorst said on his podcast that it’s common knowledge around the league that we’ve had 3-4 positive tests on our team and haven’t been able to run full workouts due to lack of players.

I thought maybe we were just hiding players from social media posts, but it feels more likely that all the guys we haven’t been seeing(Rubio, Baynes, Lecque, okobo, Owens, and until recently Bridges) just aren’t in Orlando. At this point, Rubio is really the only one I care about being there and it does look like that’s still the plan, whether he’s currently there or not.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Yea for a while we only had like 6 players we knew about so you're not getting a full run. I don't think we were "hiding" healthy guys and with corona exploding in AZ recently and guys working out there, it made sense there were a few positives. Okobo I figured might've tested positive along with Bridges. Again, I think Rubio and Baynes might've just been vets with other excuses for not being there. Or they, along with possibly Bridges, had it and couldn't travel until recently.

At this point tho we know Carter, Jerome, Payne, Book, Cam, Dario, Bridges, Frank, Cheick, and DA are there and working out/playing. That's 10 at least which is something to work with. Kelly's there but not 100%.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

ShelC wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:49 am
3rdside wrote:
Rubio being down there makes me happy. It's still a long shot we make the playoffs, but I just want to see good basketball and some hope for next season if we have a full squad.
You guys REALLY think that Rubio, darling of the team, is there and suns social media has just been mysteriously ignoring him? LOL

Indy

Post by Indy »

specialsauce wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:44 pm
ShelC wrote:
3rdside wrote:
You guys REALLY think that Rubio, darling of the team, is there and suns social media has just been mysteriously ignoring him? LOL
we all know Oubre is the true darling of the team, saucy.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Not that they've been ignoring him, just that he's on his way or, if he got there later, he may quarantined for a certain amount of time until he's cleared.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Suns roster listed, not clear if all these guys are playing/in Orlando.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Indy wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:43 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:44 pm
ShelC wrote:
3rdside wrote:
we all know Oubre is the true darling of the team, saucy.
How could I have forgotten that-
Darling indeed

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Well there you go:

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Certainly I hope he is ok health-wise, but I actually would prefer not to have Baynes there. I don't think he makes sense in the plans going forward, and I think he'll have interest in returning. I'd rather see us start Saric/Ayton at the 4/5, and then back them up with Diallo/Kaminsky.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:47 pm

Suns roster listed, not clear if all these guys are playing/in Orlando.
Looks like the whole kit and kaboodle.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

INFORMER wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:50 pm
Certainly I hope he is ok health-wise, but I actually would prefer not to have Baynes there. I don't think he makes sense in the plans going forward, and I think he'll have interest in returning. I'd rather see us start Saric/Ayton at the 4/5, and then back them up with Diallo/Kaminsky.
Not me. Baynes is our second best big. The more pieces Monty has the better.