Suns News: Coronavirus Break

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Indy

Re: Suns News: Coronavirus Break

Post by Indy »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:25 pm
He has a month to get ready. More!!

A bunch of Kelly apologists.
And by the time games start, he would have had more time off than a normal entire off-season. Something else is going on. It isn't just rehab.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:41 am
Split T wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:06 am
Someone mentioned he was still planning to be in Orlando with the team. If that’s true he would still have to take one of the 17 roster spots and he could play if he wanted to.
They are keeping him fresh for the Finals, of course!!!
As long as he's keeping his wardrobe fresh, too.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Cap

Post by Cap »

If he’s not playing, is he still allowed to do celebratory push-ups?

Wormwood

Post by Wormwood »

My bet:

Suns get bounced easily without Oubre. He's gone in the offseason via trade for a starting PF. Bridges moves to starting SF.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:41 am
Split T wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:06 am
Someone mentioned he was still planning to be in Orlando with the team. If that’s true he would still have to take one of the 17 roster spots and he could play if he wanted to.
They are keeping him fresh for the Finals, of course!!!
I like the way you think.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Bickley goes off on the Suns regarding Oubre not playing:

Kelly Oubre Jr. sitting out return part of Suns’ never-ending disappointment
https://arizonasports.com/story/2307859 ... s#comments
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Lets be real here.

The Suns aren't going on a run and these "Playoffs" in Orlando will only be memorable because of the circumstances that caused it, not because of the results of the games.

I have no problem with Oubre sitting out. Again, the Suns wouldn't make a run with him. They're. Not. That. Good.

The 2020-21 season will be the most important season of his entire life and he's entitled to make decisions now that give him the best chance to succeed in the future.

I think the people whining about this are being far more selfish than Oubre.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Indy wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:57 am
specialsauce wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:25 pm
He has a month to get ready. More!!

A bunch of Kelly apologists.
And by the time games start, he would have had more time off than a normal entire off-season. Something else is going on. It isn't just rehab.
Yep.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Inside the NBA’s plan to use smart technology and big data to keep players safe from coronavirus
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/17/nba-cor ... -safe.html

KEY POINTS
The NBA is using wearables in an effort to keep players and staff safe from coronavirus when the season restarts in July at Disney World in Orlando.
Players will have the option to use a wearable ring to provide them with a wellness assessment.
A social distancing alarm will notify players when they are within six feet of others.

How do you not be within six feet of somebody during a game? 10 alarms going off at the same time for the whole game. That won’t be distracting at all.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:49 pm
Inside the NBA’s plan to use smart technology and big data to keep players safe from coronavirus

KEY POINTS
The NBA is using wearables in an effort to keep players and staff safe from coronavirus when the season restarts in July at Disney World in Orlando.
Players will have the option to use a wearable ring to provide them with a wellness assessment.
A social distancing alarm will notify players when they are within six feet of others.

How do you not be within six feet of somebody during a game? 10 alarms going off at the same time for the whole game. That won’t be distracting at all.
You're joking, right? There will be no social distancing during games. In fact, there will be the opposite of social distancing.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:22 pm
Nodack wrote:

KEY POINTS

You're joking, right? There will be no social distancing during games. In fact, there will be the opposite of social distancing.
The article I read said they won’t wear them during games

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:55 am
Superbone wrote:
Nodack wrote:

KEY POINTS

You can't play professional basketball six feet apart.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:36 pm
Split T wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Nodack wrote:

KEY POINTS

You can if you change the rules.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Nodack wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:45 pm
Superbone wrote:
Split T wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Nodack wrote:

KEY POINTS

You can already- it’s the only way the suns can play D without getting a foul called on em

Split T

Post by Split T »

Teams only play offense...we’ll just put obstacles in the way on defense..Yi Jianlian could make a comeback playing against a chair.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

specialsauce wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:15 pm
Nodack wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Split T wrote:
Superbone wrote:

You can already- it’s the only way the suns can play D without getting a foul called on em
The NBA refs just got up and said, "Hold my beer!".
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:04 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:15 pm
Nodack wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Split T wrote:

The NBA refs just got up and said, "Hold my beer!".
;) I was thinking to myself, you wanna bet?
"Be Legendary."

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

3rdside wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:55 am
ShelC wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:35 am
Interestingly, Aaron Gordon wasn't mentioned in that article.
Wow, I thought I hated the thought of Gordon and his max contract but it's not max at all, and it's front weighted with 2 years left at $18m and $16.5m.

And there's a view that Gordon needs a creator which we've got (his stats bear this out - his best season was Elfrid Payton's last season there when he dished 6.3ast in 29 minutes. Since then it's been Augustin, with 5.3ast in 28mins last year, and Fultz with 5.2asts in 28 mins this year. Fair to say neither of those two are creators).

Looking at assists, Gordon has 3.7 a game, Kelly only 1.5 and if there was a criticism of Kelly from me it's that he goes tunnel vision too much.

Forget Kelly, make that trade already.
Kelly is more impactful than Gordon, and overall he is a better player. Gordon might be a better fit, but you can't make a straight up swap for the two players. The only way I would consider a move like this is if Orlando is throwing in the #15 pick.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

I agree. I like Gordon better for this team but Oubre is more skilled. I would pursue a KO for AG grade but expect more in return