Stay safe, folks...

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 17273
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Stay safe, folks...

Post by Superbone » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:19 pm

Mori Chu wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:35 am
I'll be 41 in a few months. At least I got the big one out of the way.
That's not the big one.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. (Note: Requires full 82 game season.)

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 17273
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Stay safe, folks...

Post by Superbone » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:19 pm

Indy wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:45 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:46 am
Indy wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:08 pm
oh that's right. I forgot you went to high school with my wife.
So did I! :-) We're getting old, old friend.
yeah, I am a bit older, too--46 later this fall.
Baby!
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. (Note: Requires full 82 game season.)

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 17273
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Stay safe, folks...

Post by Superbone » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:20 pm

Nodack wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:55 pm
Pfft
Right?
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. (Note: Requires full 82 game season.)

User avatar
virtual9mm
Posts: 810
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:24 pm

Re: Stay safe, folks...

Post by virtual9mm » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:53 am

Glad so many folks are hitting birthdays in their 40s in stride! Hope everyone is still doing all right.

Indy -- seems like just yesterday that we were discussing law schools! Dack -- hope your ankle is better.

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 10189
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Stay safe, folks...

Post by Indy » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:57 am

virtual9mm wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:53 am
Glad so many folks are hitting birthdays in their 40s in stride! Hope everyone is still doing all right.

Indy -- seems like just yesterday that we were discussing law schools! Dack -- hope your ankle is better.
I do remember that. I decided to give this new job a chance before heading to law school. That was nearly 18 years ago now... didn't go back for a JD and am loving that choice.

User avatar
virtual9mm
Posts: 810
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:24 pm

Re: Stay safe, folks...

Post by virtual9mm » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:46 am

Indy wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:57 am
virtual9mm wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:53 am
Glad so many folks are hitting birthdays in their 40s in stride! Hope everyone is still doing all right.

Indy -- seems like just yesterday that we were discussing law schools! Dack -- hope your ankle is better.
I do remember that. I decided to give this new job a chance before heading to law school. That was nearly 18 years ago now... didn't go back for a JD and am loving that choice.
Has it really been 18 years? Wow -- time flies.

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 10189
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Stay safe, folks...

Post by Indy » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:59 pm

virtual9mm wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:46 am
Indy wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:57 am
virtual9mm wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:53 am
Glad so many folks are hitting birthdays in their 40s in stride! Hope everyone is still doing all right.

Indy -- seems like just yesterday that we were discussing law schools! Dack -- hope your ankle is better.
I do remember that. I decided to give this new job a chance before heading to law school. That was nearly 18 years ago now... didn't go back for a JD and am loving that choice.
Has it really been 18 years? Wow -- time flies.
Maybe only 17. I have been at my current company since the end of 2003. I can't remember if we were talking about it right before I started or right after. Either way, yes, time flies.

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 10189
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Stay safe, folks...

Post by Indy » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:13 pm

Superbone wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:19 pm
Indy wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:45 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:46 am
Indy wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:08 pm
oh that's right. I forgot you went to high school with my wife.
So did I! :-) We're getting old, old friend.
yeah, I am a bit older, too--46 later this fall.
Baby!
My wife reminded me that I will actually be 45 this fall. See, I'm so old I can't remember how old I am.

User avatar
Nodack
Posts: 3329
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: Stay safe, folks...

Post by Nodack » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:07 am

Dack -- hope your ankle is better.
I thought it was a sprain. Turns out it was broken. Going to get a boot to wear for three weeks. Good times.

User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 11121
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Stay safe, folks...

Post by Mori Chu » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:33 am

Sorry to hear it, man. Get well soon.

"We can rebuild him. We have the technology."

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 10189
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Stay safe, folks...

Post by Indy » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:34 am

Nodack wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:07 am
Dack -- hope your ankle is better.
I thought it was a sprain. Turns out it was broken. Going to get a boot to wear for three weeks. Good times.
That sucks! At least it doesn't sound like it needs surgery/fixation to help it mend. Hope you recover faster than Kelly. ;)

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 17273
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Stay safe, folks...

Post by Superbone » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:18 pm

Nodack wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:07 am
Dack -- hope your ankle is better.
I thought it was a sprain. Turns out it was broken. Going to get a boot to wear for three weeks. Good times.
Ouch!!! Heal well, my friend.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. (Note: Requires full 82 game season.)

User avatar
virtual9mm
Posts: 810
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:24 pm

Re: Stay safe, folks...

Post by virtual9mm » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:52 am

Nodack wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:07 am
Dack -- hope your ankle is better.
I thought it was a sprain. Turns out it was broken. Going to get a boot to wear for three weeks. Good times.
Bummer. But if you have to have a broken foot in a boot -- this isn't a bad time to have this happen. Stay at home and get well!

User avatar
ShelC
Posts: 5769
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 am

Re: Stay safe, folks...

Post by ShelC » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:56 am

Nodack wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:07 am
Dack -- hope your ankle is better.
I thought it was a sprain. Turns out it was broken. Going to get a boot to wear for three weeks. Good times.
So you're probably not playing in Orlando then?

User avatar
Aztec Sunsfan
Posts: 1261
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:56 pm

Re: Stay safe, folks...

Post by Aztec Sunsfan » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:20 am

ShelC wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:56 am
Nodack wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:07 am
Dack -- hope your ankle is better.
I thought it was a sprain. Turns out it was broken. Going to get a boot to wear for three weeks. Good times.
So you're probably not playing in Orlando then?
No Kelly and no Nodack... season is over, let's use this games to play the rookies...

User avatar
Nodack
Posts: 3329
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: Stay safe, folks...

Post by Nodack » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:28 pm

virtual9mm wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:52 am
Nodack wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:07 am
Dack -- hope your ankle is better.
I thought it was a sprain. Turns out it was broken. Going to get a boot to wear for three weeks. Good times.
Bummer. But if you have to have a broken foot in a boot -- this isn't a bad time to have this happen. Stay at home and get well!
I thought it was three weeks. The doc said get an X Ray in three weeks and come back. The boot people said 6-8 week of the boot. The doc probably wants to see my progress in three weeks is my guess. It’s not like I’m missing any gigs. I’m actually doing a lot of studio work from home now.

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 10189
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Stay safe, folks...

Post by Indy » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:00 pm

Nodack wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:28 pm
virtual9mm wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:52 am
Nodack wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:07 am
Dack -- hope your ankle is better.
I thought it was a sprain. Turns out it was broken. Going to get a boot to wear for three weeks. Good times.
Bummer. But if you have to have a broken foot in a boot -- this isn't a bad time to have this happen. Stay at home and get well!
I thought it was three weeks. The doc said get an X Ray in three weeks and come back. The boot people said 6-8 week of the boot. The doc probably wants to see my progress in three weeks is my guess. It’s not like I’m missing any gigs. I’m actually doing a lot of studio work from home now.
or maybe get to bill a 2nd office visit to your insurance company.

User avatar
Nodack
Posts: 3329
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: Stay safe, folks...

Post by Nodack » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:33 pm

Probably right.

User avatar
virtual9mm
Posts: 810
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:24 pm

Re: Stay safe, folks...

Post by virtual9mm » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:22 pm

Nodack wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:28 pm
virtual9mm wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:52 am
Nodack wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:07 am
Dack -- hope your ankle is better.
I thought it was a sprain. Turns out it was broken. Going to get a boot to wear for three weeks. Good times.
Bummer. But if you have to have a broken foot in a boot -- this isn't a bad time to have this happen. Stay at home and get well!
I thought it was three weeks. The doc said get an X Ray in three weeks and come back. The boot people said 6-8 week of the boot. The doc probably wants to see my progress in three weeks is my guess. It’s not like I’m missing any gigs. I’m actually doing a lot of studio work from home now.
I would guess that it will be like the time I had my ankle reconstructed and more or less finished writing my dissertation :) Hope it turns out ok.

User avatar
Nodack
Posts: 3329
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: Stay safe, folks...

Post by Nodack » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:50 am

I’m sure it will. It’s already feeling better. Thanks for the love. Been putting guitar on a bunch of Latin songs. Helps keep my chops up too.

Post Reply