WCF: San Antonio Spurs (1) vs. Oklahoma City Thunder (2)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
TOO

Re: WCF: San Antonio Spurs (1) vs. Oklahoma City Thunder (2)

Post by TOO »

Definitely would like to see it go 7. Even the blowouts are more entertaining than the crap the ECF put on. I really hate the Heat and all their smug ass players, yuck.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:I really hate the Heat and all their smug ass players, yuck.
Yep, I really hope to see them put in their place this year.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I want the Spurs to take this one and the title, too. They got the title torn away from them last time but I feel like their team is even better this year and they're hungry. Plus I hate the Heat.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Crazy game so far!!

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Classic Spurs

Captain Marv-el

Post by Captain Marv-el »

'HEY GUYS THEy FIXED IT, THEY FIXED THE GAME!'
Stated Billy blackSUN as he tricked the fans into believing that the game rigged

"OH F*** U BILLY, the game isnt even BROKE"
'(At least I tried!; If i could only get Tom Leander Fired then the curse would be broken and time travel would work again, we ~hum~ we could get Lew)'

thought Billy
'(If they only believed, F*** this BULL$hit JORDAN MUST PAY!!!! ILL MAKE IT WORK MY DAMN SELF)'
& off went billy blacksun in the deloren with Professor Xavier
"Billy, its gonna be a long night"
-Professor X-
'I Hate that Minator! HOW THE **** DO THEY reincarnate THE MINATOR and then CHANGE THE LAWS OF THE NBA so that HE CAN WIN? WAS NOT KJ FOULED? & I Swear I thought that Holy Ghost 'BoOo' of Dan Marley Seed from 1988 would work Professor '-Billy Blacksun-
"Well at least hes at the Grand Canyon now, Just where we want him. F***** N***** thinks hes can slack off on the Minator. I swear Billy, I SWEAR so fu*king what I live in New Mexico I am not a Loyal Suns fan but I know my abilites dont lie and that Ol Danny Boy song from Ireland was just the start of souls who were working to keep him from being born. Dan Marley gave those last minutes and we needed that championship in 1993. KEVIN JOHNSON MUST BECOME PRESIDENT! Did you see How Obama was hanging with Jay-Z, the F*** was that about?"
-Professor X-
'Oh I know what thats about, But I dont want to get killed. Just hope it work out how it should, cause I cant even talk about it, but typing ~hum~'
-billy blackSUN-
JUST THAN BILLY BLACKSUN enters PHX-SUN.NET from the Orignal version of Netscape Navagator*
Okay Professor, Take me to 1968, I want to see If I can figure out why the Nets traded the pick -Billy BlackSUN-

http://wikibin.org/articles/curse-of-the-coin-flip.html
Last edited by Captain Marv-el on Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:16 am, edited 4 times in total.
$HAϟAM

Hiphop Family Treeϟ Roots

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

The Spurs are amazing. They play textbook basketball and even have become likable since they don't have dirty players anymore.

OKC needs to make changes. What they have is not working against the top two teams, but I wouldn't do anything too drastic. The Spurs can't last more than two seasons, and the Heat are in borrowed time too with Wade. Nobody else in the East is a thread and in the West they can beat Houston, Memphis, LAC and any of the rising franchises like Portland or GSW.

They need to add depth and use their assets to do it. Perkins' expiring, one pick and one of the kids they have should get them two or three capable role players on decent but unwanted contracts, if they talk to the right team. Milwaukee, for instance.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

OKC needs to change up their offense. Isolating and going one-on-one every time isn't getting it done.

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

OKC needs a pass first facilitator somewhere on that team, everyone but the bigs are shoot first ask questions later. Kyle Anderson or Tyler Ennis would help them greatly IMO.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Heat/Spurs should be a real barn burner if last year was any indication. I think the Spurs take this one though.

"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

KD needs to add some strength, get in the midpost and nail that Dirk fadeaway. Can't rely on KD and Westbrook jumpers.

Everyone wonders what OKC will do, what this means for their future, blah blah blah. Too often there's outside pressure and expectations to win within a certain timeframe. The worst thing to do is put a window on your own team. I think OKC is fine. They have KD, Westbrook and Ibaka locked in for the next two years. The key is getting better from within. They need Adams and PJ3 to take a big step next year. Same with Lamb. They have to think about starting Jackson and moving Westbrook to the 2 full time if Lamb can't be their starting 2. They need a 3 in the worst way. Thabo's out of there, Butler's done. Francisco Garcia could be a nice addition. A guy like Ariza could do wonders but they probably can't afford him.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

OKC still has enough time but if they can't get to the finals next year, the media won't stop speculating about Durant. Sadly, like in Indiana's case, I don't know if their FO is up to the task.

KD, Westbrook and Ibaka are very young, but they need a better supporting cast and a coach who can make it work with a good system. Jackson is nice, but not enough. If Lamb and Adams improve, that could be it, plus lesser pieces, but that remains to be seen.

They have picks, a perfect sized expiring contract and three desirable players on rookie deals. That's enough ammo to improve for the next two seasons, but they need to want to do it cap wise.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I just made a post in the ECF thread saying that I thought personnel, not coaching, was the Pacers' problem. I think the opposite here. Scott Brooks needs to kick these guys' asses a little more. Particularly Westbrook, who is an amazing talent but has not had anybody show him how to really harness that talent and be a proper playmaker. He just needs to stop the chucking and horrible shots and learn to love the sexy pass. He could still be a dynamic 20+ ppg scorer but also get 10+ assists and basically be the best PG in the NBA, but he doesn't want to. OKC's ceiling is Westbrook's ceiling. Durant is already the best offensive player in the NBA; Russell needs to realize that and morph himself into the best player to accompany that. And if he isn't progressing in that direction, Scott Brooks needs to kick his butt until he does it. If he chucks up a bad shot, yank him. Yell at his ass. Tough love.

The funny thing is, the one time I really had hope for Westbrook was right after the Harden trade. At that time, there was a ton of negative press about OKC and about Westbrook in particular. People said that the Thunder wouldn't be successful without Harden's playmaking because RW was too much of a ballhog. I think those comments hurt him and he played the first ~1/2 of the next season determined to prove them wrong. And he did! He had great assist numbers and played like a champion. But then once the bad press died down, he went back to his old ways. Now he's Bad Russ again.

The good news is that this is still a young team, so they can take their time at this. Maybe the right evolution will eventually happen naturally. Panicking and making bad trades won't solve their problems.

Captain Marv-el

Post by Captain Marv-el »

Mori Chu wrote: Scott Brooks needs to kick these guys' asses a little more
I agree, discipline is a wonderful optionΔ
$HAϟAM

Hiphop Family Treeϟ Roots