Around the League: Season Resumes

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: Around the League: Season Resumes

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

INFORMER wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:42 pm
Split T wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:28 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:24 pm
INFORMER wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:38 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:42 pm
That is awful about Isaac. Some of these franchises seem so cavalier about bringing guys back quickly after injury. Take your time, I say. That will really set Isaac back a long time.
Returning seven months later from a non-structural knee injury is bringing a guy back quickly?
A torn meniscus is a structural knee injury.
Meniscus is more like padding, it’s not holding the joint together. But it is a part of the structure of the knee.
I didn't see any mention of a torn meniscus:
The Magic announced that Isaac has suffered a hyperextended left knee in the moment, but on Thursday, they added that he had suffered both a posterior lateral corner injury and a bone contusion. He will be re-evaluated in 8-10 weeks, but fortunately, he suffered no damage to his ACL, MCL or PCL ligaments.
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/magi ... -10-weeks/
I think maybe we're talking about different situations. I thought your comment was in relation to Shel mentioning how the Suns should be cautious with Oubre.

I was referring to Oubre's torn meniscus injury, and the reports I've seen are that Isaac has a torn ACL.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Yep, Isaac has a torn ACL

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Some big games on tonight. Pels/Grizz on now, and Spurs/76ers (maybe first Spurs loss?) later.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:21 am
INFORMER wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:42 pm
Split T wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:28 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:24 pm
INFORMER wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:38 pm

Returning seven months later from a non-structural knee injury is bringing a guy back quickly?
A torn meniscus is a structural knee injury.
Meniscus is more like padding, it’s not holding the joint together. But it is a part of the structure of the knee.
I didn't see any mention of a torn meniscus:
The Magic announced that Isaac has suffered a hyperextended left knee in the moment, but on Thursday, they added that he had suffered both a posterior lateral corner injury and a bone contusion. He will be re-evaluated in 8-10 weeks, but fortunately, he suffered no damage to his ACL, MCL or PCL ligaments.
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/magi ... -10-weeks/
I think maybe we're talking about different situations. I thought your comment was in relation to Shel mentioning how the Suns should be cautious with Oubre.

I was referring to Oubre's torn meniscus injury, and the reports I've seen are that Isaac has a torn ACL.
Got it. I thought you were referencing Issac's original injury.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:21 pm
Some big games on tonight. Pels/Grizz on now, and Spurs/76ers (maybe first Spurs loss?) later.
We want the Grizzlies to win this game against New Orleans, right? If the Pelicans lose, they'll drop to an equal record to our own. I don't know who would own the tie-breaker, but that would be very good for us. Memphis losing would help us in abstract, too, but I think our realistic goal is to get into 9th place and within 3 games of 8th place Memphis.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:35 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
We want the Grizzlies to win this game against New Orleans, right? If the Pelicans lose, they'll drop to an equal record to our own. I don't know who would own the tie-breaker, but that would be very good for us. Memphis losing would help us in abstract, too, but I think our realistic goal is to get into 9th place and within 3 games of 8th place Memphis.
I think we want the Grizz to lose until we are at least within 3 games. Doesn't matter how many games teams above us lose if we still can't get within 3 games of them.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

:lol:
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Indy wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:37 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
I think we want the Grizz to lose until we are at least within 3 games. Doesn't matter how many games teams above us lose if we still can't get within 3 games of them.
Believe it’s 4 games

Split T

Post by Split T »

specialsauce wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:13 pm
Indy wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:37 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
Believe it’s 4 games
Ya it’s 4. We’re within 4. Spurs just lost a close one to 76ers, keeping everyone close.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Memphis has lost 3 straight to start the bubble and they were their 3 easiest, as all 3 behind them in the standings. Their final 5 are all playoff locks(Utah, OKC, Tor, Bos, Mil) They might not even hold onto the 8 seed.

Portland is back in the lead at 9 seed, but they finish Rockets, Nuggets, Clippers, Sixers, Mavs, Nets. That’s tough.

Spurs are pretty much tied with Portland, but they’ll need an extra win because Portland is percentage points ahead. They finish: Nuggets, Jazz, Pels, Rockets, Jazz. A few winnable ones in there, they look like the biggest threat, good thing they lost tonight.

Pels a game up on us and finish: Kings, Wizards, Spurs, Kings, Magic. Pretty easy to be honest.

Kings just a half game up on us and finish: Mavs, Pels, Nets, Rockets, Pels, Lakers.

We finish: Clippers, Pacers, Heat, Thunder, Sixers, Mavs. That’s tough. Still think it’s incredibly unlikely we get in. Spurs and Pelicans look to be in decent shape.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

People are so thirsty for Zion Williams to be a star it’s sad. I wish him a happy joyous career but give me a break. He needs to do something first before all this hype. He’s too fragile to be such a freak athlete. He looks like he spent quarantine on the couch and he plays limited minutes. The league is going to crown him a king before he makes it in this league. The odds that he plays more than 6 full seasons are pitted against him— too big a body for his style of play for an 82 game season.

Meanwhile Book has been killing it since day 1 in this league and has only the quiet respect of his peers.
Last edited by Drewsprocket on Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

We need to defeat the Clippers tomorrow before any playoffs conversation starts, I think 7-1 is the very least we need to pull this off, but it can’t be so soon to lose our only game to give.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

The Pelicans remaining schedule is a total joke. They’re in.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Was rooting against the Spurs obviously and when they came from 14 down to tie in the 4th I turned off lol
Sixers actually pulled it out

When we beat Clippers today and possibly get a game behind of 9th this thing gonna really start looking a lil interesting :) 8-)
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Here are the standings as of this morning:

# TEAM RECORD GAMES_BACK
8 MEM 32-36 -
9 POR 30-38 2
10 SAS 29-37 2
11 NOP 29-38 2.5
12 SAC 28-38 3
13 PHX 28-39 3.5

https://www.espn.com/nba/standings

Split T

Post by Split T »

We are maverick and rockets fans today. Mavs vs Kings and Rockets vs Blazers. We can pass the Kings and move within .5 games of Portland if all goes right today.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Split T wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:02 am
We are maverick and rockets fans today. Mavs vs Kings and Rockets vs Blazers. We can pass the Kings and move within .5 games of Portland if all goes right today.
Today feels like a really big day for our chances at the playoffs. If we lose to the Clips and the other teams win, that is probably it. But if we win and they lose, we have a much better chance and can start getting excited.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Nets are up on the bucks late... they started Tyler Johnson, Timothe Luwawa, Garrett Temple, Lance Thomas, and Rodions Kurics

Split T

Post by Split T »

Kings up on the Mavs early

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:58 am
Here are the standings as of this morning:

# TEAM RECORD GAMES_BACK
8 MEM 32-36 -