Suns News: Season Resumes

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
User avatar
O_Gardino
Posts: 5799
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 12:47 pm
Location: Shreveport, LA

Re: Suns News: Season Resumes

Post by O_Gardino » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:30 am

I can understand why some players have said the messages are too generic.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 11412
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Suns News: Season Resumes

Post by Mori Chu » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:30 am

Saric should have made it more clear that he isn't the AntiChrist by using the message, "AntiAntiChrist."

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 17937
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Suns News: Season Resumes

Post by Superbone » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:32 am

ShelC wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:25 am
I also think it's a little funny, as if he's not-so-subtly raising his hand like "Hey guys, over here! Not a racist!"
There's actually a big difference between not a racist and anti-racist. An anti-racist actively discourages racist behavior and calls people out when they do or say something racist and actively combats systemic racism.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins and counting in a shortened season...

User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 11412
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Suns News: Season Resumes

Post by Mori Chu » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:40 am

Some of the literature on such things argues that there are only really two states: racist or anti-racist. The implication being, if you don't care about racism and aren't doing anything about it, you are helping perpetuate the racist system and are therefore racist. You have to actively work against it to be an anti-racist, which is the desired state.

I am not saying that I 100% agree with that argument, but it's what some thinkers in this space argue. The details might be better suited to debate in the Politics area.

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 10502
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Suns News: Season Resumes

Post by Indy » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:53 am

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:40 am
Some of the literature on such things argues that there are only really two states: racist or anti-racist. The implication being, if you don't care about racism and aren't doing anything about it, you are helping perpetuate the racist system and are therefore racist. You have to actively work against it to be an anti-racist, which is the desired state.

I am not saying that I 100% agree with that argument, but it's what some thinkers in this space argue. The details might be better suited to debate in the Politics area.
is racism political?

Online
User avatar
ShelC
Posts: 6139
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 am

Re: Suns News: Season Resumes

Post by ShelC » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:56 am

Yea didn't mean to start a political discussion. It's a subtle thing with bigger implications/meanings. Just seeing "antiracist" on the back of the jersey looked more individualistic to me, if that makes sense.

User avatar
specialsauce
Posts: 4261
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: Suns News: Season Resumes

Post by specialsauce » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:24 pm

Okay enough on the philosophical definitions of racism.

Hot take incoming- get ready, real shocker!!!

Oubre for

Lonzo
Nickeil Alexander Walker
1st round pick

OR

Oubre, Rubio for

Holiday
Last edited by specialsauce on Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
In2ition
Posts: 6376
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: Suns News: Season Resumes

Post by In2ition » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:26 pm

specialsauce wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:24 pm
Okay enough on the philosophical definitions of racism.

Hot take incoming- get ready, real shocker!!!

Oubre for

Lonzo
Nickeil Alexander Walker
1st round pick
Are you kidding? I would do that in a heartbeat. I think NO probably blocks your number though as Scam Likely.
"30 wins would be an extremely disappointing season" yeah, I said it and I mean it.

User avatar
specialsauce
Posts: 4261
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: Suns News: Season Resumes

Post by specialsauce » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:27 pm

In2ition wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:26 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:24 pm
Okay enough on the philosophical definitions of racism.

Hot take incoming- get ready, real shocker!!!

Oubre for

Lonzo
Nickeil Alexander Walker
1st round pick
Are you kidding? I would do that in a heartbeat. I think NO probably blocks your number though as Scam Likely.
Lol

User avatar
Ring_Wanted
Posts: 4703
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Suns News: Season Resumes

Post by Ring_Wanted » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:16 pm

In2ition wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:26 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:24 pm
Okay enough on the philosophical definitions of racism.

Hot take incoming- get ready, real shocker!!!

Oubre for

Lonzo
Nickeil Alexander Walker
1st round pick
Are you kidding? I would do that in a heartbeat. I think NO probably blocks your number though as Scam Likely.
I'n not that high on that package. Actually, I wouldn't take it. Value wise you can defend it, but Lonzo and Rubio on the same team is absurd, and NAW has a lot to prove. A 1stR from a somewhat equal team doesn't make me lose any sleep. On the other hand, I have a proven fit that is a young starter or 6MOTY candidate. If his knee is fine, keep Oubre unless it is for a clear upgrade (or at the very least, comparable production at PF).

User avatar
specialsauce
Posts: 4261
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: Suns News: Season Resumes

Post by specialsauce » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:20 pm

Ring_Wanted wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:16 pm
In2ition wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:26 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:24 pm
Okay enough on the philosophical definitions of racism.

Hot take incoming- get ready, real shocker!!!

Oubre for

Lonzo
Nickeil Alexander Walker
1st round pick
Are you kidding? I would do that in a heartbeat. I think NO probably blocks your number though as Scam Likely.
I'n not that high on that package. Actually, I wouldn't take it. Value wise you can defend it, but Lonzo and Rubio on the same team is absurd, and NAW has a lot to prove. A 1stR from a somewhat equal team doesn't make me lose any sleep. On the other hand, I have a proven fit that is a young starter or 6MOTY candidate. If his knee is fine, keep Oubre unless it is for a clear upgrade (or at the very least, comparable production at PF).
You want a sixth man making 20 mill per?

I’ll take Lonzo in a heartbeat and resign him at 10-12 per, and Look to trade Rubio and come off his salary.

User avatar
Ring_Wanted
Posts: 4703
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Suns News: Season Resumes

Post by Ring_Wanted » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:31 pm

20M on a sixth man is not crazy. And if we indeed have 5 guys better or similar to Oubre, we are in a pretty good situation. If I move him (note I'm not making him untouchable by any means) I want it ti be for a clear cut solution, no further issues or question marks.

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 9222
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Suns News: Season Resumes

Post by Split T » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:42 pm

Oubre also only makes 14 million next year I believe
Tyrese Haliburton • Devin Vassell • Aaron Nesmith • Patrick Williams • Zeke Nnaji • Paul Reed • Tyrell Terry • Desmond Bane

User avatar
bajanguy008
Posts: 2581
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:28 pm

Re: Suns News: Season Resumes

Post by bajanguy008 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:42 pm

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

User avatar
specialsauce
Posts: 4261
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: Suns News: Season Resumes

Post by specialsauce » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:52 pm

Split T wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:42 pm
Oubre also only makes 14 million next year I believe
Resigning him I’m assuming will take 20M+. I’d rather use the asset and distribute it to round out the team.

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 9222
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Suns News: Season Resumes

Post by Split T » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:43 pm

specialsauce wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:52 pm
Split T wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:42 pm
Oubre also only makes 14 million next year I believe
Resigning him I’m assuming will take 20M+. I’d rather use the asset and distribute it to round out the team.
I think a lot depends on how Mikal develops. If he develops into an on ball scoring threat like he’s shown a bit here in the bubble, Oubre does become more expendable. But 3&D Bridges leaves us short on offensive creation, which is a skill Oubre provides.
Tyrese Haliburton • Devin Vassell • Aaron Nesmith • Patrick Williams • Zeke Nnaji • Paul Reed • Tyrell Terry • Desmond Bane

User avatar
Furlanfufi
Posts: 515
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:09 pm

Re: Suns News: Season Resumes

Post by Furlanfufi » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:46 pm

O_Gardino wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:24 am
Superbone wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:28 pm
In2ition wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:17 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:15 pm
At first glance I thought it said Antichrist. That would be a helluva statement.
I thought the same thing, :lol:
ShelC wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:18 pm
Yea definitely saw Antichrist at first.
There's something wrong with all you guys! :P
Count me in, I thought it was the antichrist.
Me too.And I changed my glasses not long ago.

User avatar
specialsauce
Posts: 4261
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: Suns News: Season Resumes

Post by specialsauce » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:04 pm

I’d like to point out that Trey Burke has 31 tonight with 6 assists. But we prefer to trot out Ty Jerome, a guy we just signed a week ago, and Old man Javon the 50 year old La Fitness player that hasn’t given up the dream.

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 9222
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Suns News: Season Resumes

Post by Split T » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:25 pm

Do think going after trey Burke would have been smart. Payne played pretty good though
Tyrese Haliburton • Devin Vassell • Aaron Nesmith • Patrick Williams • Zeke Nnaji • Paul Reed • Tyrell Terry • Desmond Bane

User avatar
specialsauce
Posts: 4261
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: Suns News: Season Resumes

Post by specialsauce » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:27 pm

Split T wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:25 pm
Do think going after trey Burke would have been smart. Payne played pretty good though
Agree Payne looks like our best backup guard already

Post Reply