Suns News: Season Resumes

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
User avatar
O_Gardino
Posts: 6259
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 12:47 pm
Location: Shreveport, LA

Re: Suns News: Season Resumes

Post by O_Gardino » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:14 am

Split T wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:35 pm

McD talking about the Bridges trade. Think he’s probably alluding to SGA here as well.
I didn't think it was possible to respect McD less after his tenure here, but he's such a gossipy little bitch.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

User avatar
ShelC
Posts: 7154
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 am

Re: Suns News: Season Resumes

Post by ShelC » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:17 am

Not interested in anything he says. Comes out of the woodwork when the team starts winning.

User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 12093
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Suns News: Season Resumes

Post by Mori Chu » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:57 am

I find McDo's Twitter and new social media presence awkward. He talks often about the Suns, both praising our current players and criticizing our owner. It's like having your ex still talking about you to all your friends. The relationship is over! Move on.

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 10947
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Suns News: Season Resumes

Post by Split T » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:09 am

ShelC wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:17 am
Not interested in anything he says. Comes out of the woodwork when the team starts winning.
To his credit, he’s had that podcast since March I think. And of course he’s gonna talk about the suns, everyone is talking about us now and he has a pretty big connection.

Not saying you have to be interested in anything he says...he clearly is trying to toot his own horn on his hits...haven’t seen him mention any of his many shortcomings yet.
Split: I would trade DA for SGA right now(11-24-2020)

Cap: I wouldn’t. Somebody remember to check this post in five years and see which of us looks the fool.

User avatar
carey
Posts: 11260
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:06 pm
Contact:

Re: Suns News: Season Resumes

Post by carey » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:14 am

The McDonough tenure was pretty awful. I think a lot about when I posted that article and said "Hey, we should look at this guy!" I don't think anyone should really care what he says in regards to the Suns.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

User avatar
ShelC
Posts: 7154
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 am

Re: Suns News: Season Resumes

Post by ShelC » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:17 am

Split T wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:09 am
ShelC wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:17 am
Not interested in anything he says. Comes out of the woodwork when the team starts winning.
To his credit, he’s had that podcast since March I think. And of course he’s gonna talk about the suns, everyone is talking about us now and he has a pretty big connection.

Not saying you have to be interested in anything he says...he clearly is trying to toot his own horn on his hits...haven’t seen him mention any of his many shortcomings yet.
That's what I mean...I know he's been on Sirius and been out there, but it feels like he's been popping up more and more now that we're on the rise and getting more media exposure. He just did more harm than good and clearly has no idea how to run a team or FO.

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 19626
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Suns News: Season Resumes

Post by Superbone » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:32 am

carey wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:14 am
The McDonough tenure was pretty awful. I think a lot about when I posted that article and said "Hey, we should look at this guy!" I don't think anyone should really care what he says in regards to the Suns.
I remember that! I remember being excited about him.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season!

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 19626
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Suns News: Season Resumes

Post by Superbone » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:32 am

ShelC wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:17 am
Split T wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:09 am
ShelC wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:17 am
Not interested in anything he says. Comes out of the woodwork when the team starts winning.
To his credit, he’s had that podcast since March I think. And of course he’s gonna talk about the suns, everyone is talking about us now and he has a pretty big connection.

Not saying you have to be interested in anything he says...he clearly is trying to toot his own horn on his hits...haven’t seen him mention any of his many shortcomings yet.
That's what I mean...I know he's been on Sirius and been out there, but it feels like he's been popping up more and more now that we're on the rise and getting more media exposure. He just did more harm than good and clearly has no idea how to run a team or FO.
Teams have not been clamoring to hire him.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season!

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 12412
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Suns News: Season Resumes

Post by Indy » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:12 am

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:15 pm
Indy wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:24 pm
Tomorrow holds so much weight for this team (and my mental health).
I just don’t want to see Doncic get 15 FTAs from bullshit calls in a classic Doncic/Harden way and destroy us.

If we win and still miss out on the play-in, then I’ll be at peace.

I truly do not enjoy watching Luka play, the same way I can’t handle Harden. I’m glad he’s not on the Suns, but that doesn’t mean I’m happy we picked who we picked. I’m extremely frustrated with The Big P.
Booker gets a lot of the same calls.

How crazy would it be for use to win, Blazers and Grizz lose, and Spurs win today. That would be fun.

Online
User avatar
specialsauce
Posts: 4732
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: Suns News: Season Resumes

Post by specialsauce » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:26 am

Indy wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:12 am
specialsauce wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:15 pm
Indy wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:24 pm
Tomorrow holds so much weight for this team (and my mental health).
I just don’t want to see Doncic get 15 FTAs from bullshit calls in a classic Doncic/Harden way and destroy us.

If we win and still miss out on the play-in, then I’ll be at peace.

I truly do not enjoy watching Luka play, the same way I can’t handle Harden. I’m glad he’s not on the Suns, but that doesn’t mean I’m happy we picked who we picked. I’m extremely frustrated with The Big P.
Booker gets a lot of the same calls.

How crazy would it be for use to win, Blazers and Grizz lose, and Spurs win today. That would be fun.
I don’t see it

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 19626
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Suns News: Season Resumes

Post by Superbone » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:31 am

specialsauce wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:26 am
Indy wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:12 am
specialsauce wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:15 pm
Indy wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:24 pm
Tomorrow holds so much weight for this team (and my mental health).
I just don’t want to see Doncic get 15 FTAs from bullshit calls in a classic Doncic/Harden way and destroy us.

If we win and still miss out on the play-in, then I’ll be at peace.

I truly do not enjoy watching Luka play, the same way I can’t handle Harden. I’m glad he’s not on the Suns, but that doesn’t mean I’m happy we picked who we picked. I’m extremely frustrated with The Big P.
Booker gets a lot of the same calls.

How crazy would it be for use to win, Blazers and Grizz lose, and Spurs win today. That would be fun.
I don’t see it
Not likely but I agree with Indy that it would be fun!
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season!

Online
User avatar
specialsauce
Posts: 4732
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: Suns News: Season Resumes

Post by specialsauce » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:20 am

Superbone wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:31 am
specialsauce wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:26 am
Indy wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:12 am
specialsauce wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:15 pm
Indy wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:24 pm
Tomorrow holds so much weight for this team (and my mental health).
I just don’t want to see Doncic get 15 FTAs from bullshit calls in a classic Doncic/Harden way and destroy us.

If we win and still miss out on the play-in, then I’ll be at peace.

I truly do not enjoy watching Luka play, the same way I can’t handle Harden. I’m glad he’s not on the Suns, but that doesn’t mean I’m happy we picked who we picked. I’m extremely frustrated with The Big P.
Booker gets a lot of the same calls.

How crazy would it be for use to win, Blazers and Grizz lose, and Spurs win today. That would be fun.
I don’t see it
Not likely but I agree with Indy that it would be fun!
Sorry I meant that I don’t see Booker getting the same touch foul calls as Doncic.

User avatar
In2ition
Posts: 7105
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: Suns News: Season Resumes

Post by In2ition » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:28 am

specialsauce wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:20 am
Superbone wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:31 am
specialsauce wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:26 am
Indy wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:12 am
specialsauce wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:15 pm


I just don’t want to see Doncic get 15 FTAs from bullshit calls in a classic Doncic/Harden way and destroy us.

If we win and still miss out on the play-in, then I’ll be at peace.

I truly do not enjoy watching Luka play, the same way I can’t handle Harden. I’m glad he’s not on the Suns, but that doesn’t mean I’m happy we picked who we picked. I’m extremely frustrated with The Big P.
Booker gets a lot of the same calls.

How crazy would it be for use to win, Blazers and Grizz lose, and Spurs win today. That would be fun.
I don’t see it
Not likely but I agree with Indy that it would be fun!
Sorry I meant that I don’t see Booker getting the same touch foul calls as Doncic.
Yeah, Doncic gets fouls when he's not touched. Tough to compete with that.
"30 wins would be an extremely disappointing season" yeah, I said it and I mean it.

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 19626
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Suns News: Season Resumes

Post by Superbone » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:38 am

In2ition wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:28 am
specialsauce wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:20 am
Superbone wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:31 am
specialsauce wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:26 am
Indy wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:12 am

Booker gets a lot of the same calls.

How crazy would it be for use to win, Blazers and Grizz lose, and Spurs win today. That would be fun.
I don’t see it
Not likely but I agree with Indy that it would be fun!
Sorry I meant that I don’t see Booker getting the same touch foul calls as Doncic.
Yeah, Doncic gets fouls when he's not touched. Tough to compete with that.
He's got an invisible one foot all-around exoskeleton.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season!

User avatar
Nodack
Posts: 4114
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: Suns News: Season Resumes

Post by Nodack » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:44 am

I watched the last game on a half hour delay with my brother in law who is staying with us. Half way through the fourth quarter he thought it would be funny to ask Siri the score of the game out loud twice. So NOT cool. I will be watching todays game alone locked in my bedroom.

User avatar
ShelC
Posts: 7154
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 am

Re: Suns News: Season Resumes

Post by ShelC » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:49 am


User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 19626
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Suns News: Season Resumes

Post by Superbone » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:52 am

Nodack wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:44 am
I watched the last game on a half hour delay with my brother in law who is staying with us. Half way through the fourth quarter he thought it would be funny to ask Siri the score of the game out loud twice. So NOT cool. I will be watching todays game alone locked in my bedroom.
This BIL must not want to be liked. NOT cool.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season!

User avatar
ShelC
Posts: 7154
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 am

Re: Suns News: Season Resumes

Post by ShelC » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:12 pm


User avatar
AmareIsGod
Posts: 2906
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:24 pm

Re: Suns News: Season Resumes

Post by AmareIsGod » Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:07 pm

Bucks playing like trash. Bledsoe screwing us over without even being on the team. So glad he's gone.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. You got dudes like Joel Embiid, Anthony Davis, all these 7-footers, doing everything. There's no stopping us. - Ayton

User avatar
Flagrant Fowl
Posts: 3941
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:04 am
Location: Haeundae, Busan, South Korea

Re: Suns News: Season Resumes

Post by Flagrant Fowl » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:13 pm

ShelC wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:49 am
Great job of quote that says absolutely nothing. The cynical side to me trying to read between the lines thinks it just comes down to Sarver's bank balance and not on-court performance.
UOducks4life in a previous life. Valar Morghulis.

Post Reply