Suns News: Season Resumes

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
O_Gardino

Re: Suns News: Season Resumes

Post by O_Gardino »

Split T wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:35 pm

McD talking about the Bridges trade. Think he’s probably alluding to SGA here as well.
I didn't think it was possible to respect McD less after his tenure here, but he's such a gossipy little bitch.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Not interested in anything he says. Comes out of the woodwork when the team starts winning.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I find McDo's Twitter and new social media presence awkward. He talks often about the Suns, both praising our current players and criticizing our owner. It's like having your ex still talking about you to all your friends. The relationship is over! Move on.

Split T

Post by Split T »

ShelC wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:17 am
Not interested in anything he says. Comes out of the woodwork when the team starts winning.
To his credit, he’s had that podcast since March I think. And of course he’s gonna talk about the suns, everyone is talking about us now and he has a pretty big connection.

Not saying you have to be interested in anything he says...he clearly is trying to toot his own horn on his hits...haven’t seen him mention any of his many shortcomings yet.

carey

Post by carey »

The McDonough tenure was pretty awful. I think a lot about when I posted that article and said "Hey, we should look at this guy!" I don't think anyone should really care what he says in regards to the Suns.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Split T wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:09 am
ShelC wrote:
To his credit, he’s had that podcast since March I think. And of course he’s gonna talk about the suns, everyone is talking about us now and he has a pretty big connection.

Not saying you have to be interested in anything he says...he clearly is trying to toot his own horn on his hits...haven’t seen him mention any of his many shortcomings yet.
That's what I mean...I know he's been on Sirius and been out there, but it feels like he's been popping up more and more now that we're on the rise and getting more media exposure. He just did more harm than good and clearly has no idea how to run a team or FO.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:14 am
The McDonough tenure was pretty awful. I think a lot about when I posted that article and said "Hey, we should look at this guy!" I don't think anyone should really care what he says in regards to the Suns.
I remember that! I remember being excited about him.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:17 am
Split T wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:09 am
ShelC wrote:

That's what I mean...I know he's been on Sirius and been out there, but it feels like he's been popping up more and more now that we're on the rise and getting more media exposure. He just did more harm than good and clearly has no idea how to run a team or FO.
Teams have not been clamoring to hire him.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:15 pm
Indy wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:24 pm
Tomorrow holds so much weight for this team (and my mental health).
I just don’t want to see Doncic get 15 FTAs from bullshit calls in a classic Doncic/Harden way and destroy us.

If we win and still miss out on the play-in, then I’ll be at peace.

I truly do not enjoy watching Luka play, the same way I can’t handle Harden. I’m glad he’s not on the Suns, but that doesn’t mean I’m happy we picked who we picked. I’m extremely frustrated with The Big P.
Booker gets a lot of the same calls.

How crazy would it be for use to win, Blazers and Grizz lose, and Spurs win today. That would be fun.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Indy wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:12 am
specialsauce wrote:
Indy wrote:
I just don’t want to see Doncic get 15 FTAs from bullshit calls in a classic Doncic/Harden way and destroy us.

I truly do not enjoy watching Luka play, the same way I can’t handle Harden. I’m glad he’s not on the Suns, but that doesn’t mean I’m happy we picked who we picked. I’m extremely frustrated with The Big P.

How crazy would it be for use to win, Blazers and Grizz lose, and Spurs win today. That would be fun.
I don’t see it

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

specialsauce wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:26 am
Indy wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Indy wrote:

I don’t see it
Not likely but I agree with Indy that it would be fun!
"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:31 am
specialsauce wrote:
Indy wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Indy wrote:

I don’t see it
Sorry I meant that I don’t see Booker getting the same touch foul calls as Doncic.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

specialsauce wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:20 am
Superbone wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Indy wrote:
specialsauce wrote:

I don’t see it
Sorry I meant that I don’t see Booker getting the same touch foul calls as Doncic.
Yeah, Doncic gets fouls when he's not touched. Tough to compete with that.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:28 am
specialsauce wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:20 am
Superbone wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Indy wrote:

I don’t see it
Yeah, Doncic gets fouls when he's not touched. Tough to compete with that.
He's got an invisible one foot all-around exoskeleton.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I watched the last game on a half hour delay with my brother in law who is staying with us. Half way through the fourth quarter he thought it would be funny to ask Siri the score of the game out loud twice. So NOT cool. I will be watching todays game alone locked in my bedroom.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:44 am
I watched the last game on a half hour delay with my brother in law who is staying with us. Half way through the fourth quarter he thought it would be funny to ask Siri the score of the game out loud twice. So NOT cool. I will be watching todays game alone locked in my bedroom.
This BIL must not want to be liked. NOT cool.
"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Bucks playing like trash. Bledsoe screwing us over without even being on the team. So glad he's gone.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

ShelC wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:49 am
Great job of quote that says absolutely nothing. The cynical side to me trying to read between the lines thinks it just comes down to Sarver's bank balance and not on-court performance.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.