Game Day: Suns (29-39) vs Pacers (42-26), Thu 8/6/20

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
In2ition

Re: Game Day: Suns (29-39) vs Pacers (42-26), Thu 8/6/20

Post by In2ition »

specialsauce wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:44 pm
INFORMER wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:33 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:50 pm

We are 6-0 due to two factors:

1. Were playing sound D. Nobody is falling asleep and losing their man. Rotations are crisp. We are ELITE (4th in bubble). This is our identity.

2. We are sharing the ball on O. It’s not sticking. Everyone is contributing. Booker is our clear #1, and everyone else is following his lead. There’s nobody hacking up shots except the man who should (Book). This is how championship teams execute- everyone defers to the lead dog and they complement his play - not take away from it.

#1 and #2 are Oubres biggest weaknesses. He simply does not fit. He may be flashy and fun to watch dunk, but he’s not a smart player.
Those are well-reasoned points, but I don't think the Suns are 2-0 due to only two factors. Have legitimate point guard play off the bench is huge. Booker is also playing on another level.

I think you're overstating how much Oubre loses his man. It is a weakness, but his length and rebounding on the defensive end are pluses.
Thanks. Really wish I was more tech savvy and could compile a clip of all the times he’s let his man get by him while he ball watches trying to get the flashy steal or block. Several times per game. This is the best we’ve seen our D in forever. It is rare to have a mental breakdown. Cams D is very underrated.
Oubre bailed out Book a few games with some clutch shooting. He also has been good for lifting the spirits of the locker room. On top of that, his length with Bridges can be troublesome for opposing offenses when they play together. I would be interested in seeing a group of Payne, Carter, Bridges, Oubre & Saric on the floor some time.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Re: Game Day: Suns (29-39) vs Pacers (42-26), Thu 8/6/20

Post by Nodack »

Works for me. I really wanted Saric gone the whole season and Carter was just ok. Both those guys have really stepped it up. Bridges, Cam have become indispensable. I still love Oubre. Having too many good players is a good problem. Payne has been a little up and down but I love his intensity.

I am SO disappointed in Ayton. I sure hope he finds a pair soon.