Game Day Special: Blazers (34-39) vs Nets (35-36), Thurs 8/13/20

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Ring_Wanted

Re: Game Day Special: Blazers (34-39) vs Nets (35-36), Thurs 8/13/20

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Dinwiddie helped BRY to recruit them, for what it's worth.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:59 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:37 am
I didn't comment much during the game, but I was really impressed by LaVert. I had heard of him before but not really watched him because the Nets suck. He's very impressive. That Nets team might be pretty good once they get Kevin Durant back.
You might have also heard of a guy named Kyrie Irving.
I omitted Kyrie on purpose. I don't think he does much to help a team win.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:48 pm
Superbone wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
I didn't comment much during the game, but I was really impressed by LaVert. I had heard of him before but not really watched him because the Nets suck. He's very impressive. That Nets team might be pretty good once they get Kevin Durant back.
He was pretty critical in Cleveland coming back to beat the Warriors after being down 3-1.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:51 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:48 pm
Superbone wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
He was pretty critical in Cleveland coming back to beat the Warriors after being down 3-1.
That was somebody with blinders on talking above.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Indy wrote:
That is true. He was very important to that Cleveland team. But they didn't really have another offensive alpha dog. Lebron would have been, but it was late enough in Lebron's career that he was willing to take a back seat in the offense to Kyrie. I think KD still wants the ball in his hands and wants to take the big shots. That's why he left Golden State in the first place, to be "the man" and have "his" own team. That is in contradiction with the way Kyrie plays. I think they won't mesh together well, and the pair of them (perhaps plus DeAndre Jordan) won't mesh well with the others who have overachieved in their absence this year. I think they'll win more games next season with KD and Kyrie, but they will have locker room issues and chemistry problems that stop them from being an elite team.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:01 pm
Indy wrote:
That is true. He was very important to that Cleveland team. But they didn't really have another offensive alpha dog. Lebron would have been, but it was late enough in Lebron's career that he was willing to take a back seat in the offense to Kyrie. I think KD still wants the ball in his hands and wants to take the big shots. That's why he left Golden State in the first place, to be "the man" and have "his" own team. That is in contradiction with the way Kyrie plays. I think they won't mesh together well, and the pair of them (perhaps plus DeAndre Jordan) won't mesh well with the others who have overachieved in their absence this year. I think they'll win more games next season with KD and Kyrie, but they will have locker room issues and chemistry problems that stop them from being an elite team.
And then KD will decide to force a trade to Phoenix, where he will mesh beautifully as our PF with Booker and Ayton, leading together our record setting march to the title!!!

Zeratul

Post by Zeratul »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:31 pm
And then KD will decide to force a trade to Phoenix, where he will mesh beautifully as our PF with Booker and Ayton, leading together our record setting march to the title!!!
Thats an Aztec prophecy?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Zeratul wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:47 am
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Thats an Aztec prophecy?
I don't know about Aztec but I think it's on the Mayan calendar. Unfortunately, it happens on the same day the earth ends.
"Be Legendary."

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:44 am
Zeratul wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:47 am
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Thats an Aztec prophecy?
I don't know about Aztec but I think it's on the Mayan calendar. Unfortunately, it happens on the same day the earth ends.
:lol:
I suppose it’s just how the Suns’ luck works...

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:01 pm
Indy wrote:
LeBron was 5th in the league in scoring that year for the league, and scored over 26/game in the playoffs (leading his team). His usage % in the playoffs was over 30%. I am not sure how you define an offensive alpha dog, but that seems pretty alpha to me.