Game Day Special: Blazers (34-39) vs Nets (35-36), Thurs 8/13/20

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
User avatar
Ring_Wanted
Posts: 4746
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Game Day Special: Blazers (34-39) vs Nets (35-36), Thurs 8/13/20

Post by Ring_Wanted » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:21 am

Dinwiddie helped BRY to recruit them, for what it's worth.

User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 11568
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Game Day Special: Blazers (34-39) vs Nets (35-36), Thurs 8/13/20

Post by Mori Chu » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:48 pm

Superbone wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:59 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:37 am
I didn't comment much during the game, but I was really impressed by LaVert. I had heard of him before but not really watched him because the Nets suck. He's very impressive. That Nets team might be pretty good once they get Kevin Durant back.
You might have also heard of a guy named Kyrie Irving.
I omitted Kyrie on purpose. I don't think he does much to help a team win.

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 10762
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Game Day Special: Blazers (34-39) vs Nets (35-36), Thurs 8/13/20

Post by Indy » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:51 pm

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:48 pm
Superbone wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:59 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:37 am
I didn't comment much during the game, but I was really impressed by LaVert. I had heard of him before but not really watched him because the Nets suck. He's very impressive. That Nets team might be pretty good once they get Kevin Durant back.
You might have also heard of a guy named Kyrie Irving.
I omitted Kyrie on purpose. I don't think he does much to help a team win.
He was pretty critical in Cleveland coming back to beat the Warriors after being down 3-1.

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 18162
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Game Day Special: Blazers (34-39) vs Nets (35-36), Thurs 8/13/20

Post by Superbone » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:57 pm

Indy wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:51 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:48 pm
Superbone wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:59 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:37 am
I didn't comment much during the game, but I was really impressed by LaVert. I had heard of him before but not really watched him because the Nets suck. He's very impressive. That Nets team might be pretty good once they get Kevin Durant back.
You might have also heard of a guy named Kyrie Irving.
I omitted Kyrie on purpose. I don't think he does much to help a team win.
He was pretty critical in Cleveland coming back to beat the Warriors after being down 3-1.
That was somebody with blinders on talking above.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season!

User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 11568
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Game Day Special: Blazers (34-39) vs Nets (35-36), Thurs 8/13/20

Post by Mori Chu » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:01 pm

Indy wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:51 pm
He was pretty critical in Cleveland coming back to beat the Warriors after being down 3-1.
That is true. He was very important to that Cleveland team. But they didn't really have another offensive alpha dog. Lebron would have been, but it was late enough in Lebron's career that he was willing to take a back seat in the offense to Kyrie. I think KD still wants the ball in his hands and wants to take the big shots. That's why he left Golden State in the first place, to be "the man" and have "his" own team. That is in contradiction with the way Kyrie plays. I think they won't mesh together well, and the pair of them (perhaps plus DeAndre Jordan) won't mesh well with the others who have overachieved in their absence this year. I think they'll win more games next season with KD and Kyrie, but they will have locker room issues and chemistry problems that stop them from being an elite team.

User avatar
Aztec Sunsfan
Posts: 1325
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:56 pm

Re: Game Day Special: Blazers (34-39) vs Nets (35-36), Thurs 8/13/20

Post by Aztec Sunsfan » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:31 pm

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:01 pm
Indy wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:51 pm
He was pretty critical in Cleveland coming back to beat the Warriors after being down 3-1.
That is true. He was very important to that Cleveland team. But they didn't really have another offensive alpha dog. Lebron would have been, but it was late enough in Lebron's career that he was willing to take a back seat in the offense to Kyrie. I think KD still wants the ball in his hands and wants to take the big shots. That's why he left Golden State in the first place, to be "the man" and have "his" own team. That is in contradiction with the way Kyrie plays. I think they won't mesh together well, and the pair of them (perhaps plus DeAndre Jordan) won't mesh well with the others who have overachieved in their absence this year. I think they'll win more games next season with KD and Kyrie, but they will have locker room issues and chemistry problems that stop them from being an elite team.
And then KD will decide to force a trade to Phoenix, where he will mesh beautifully as our PF with Booker and Ayton, leading together our record setting march to the title!!!

User avatar
Zeratul
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:56 am

Re: Game Day Special: Blazers (34-39) vs Nets (35-36), Thurs 8/13/20

Post by Zeratul » Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:47 am

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:31 pm
And then KD will decide to force a trade to Phoenix, where he will mesh beautifully as our PF with Booker and Ayton, leading together our record setting march to the title!!!
Thats an Aztec prophecy?

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 18162
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Game Day Special: Blazers (34-39) vs Nets (35-36), Thurs 8/13/20

Post by Superbone » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:44 am

Zeratul wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:47 am
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:31 pm
And then KD will decide to force a trade to Phoenix, where he will mesh beautifully as our PF with Booker and Ayton, leading together our record setting march to the title!!!
Thats an Aztec prophecy?
I don't know about Aztec but I think it's on the Mayan calendar. Unfortunately, it happens on the same day the earth ends.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season!

User avatar
Aztec Sunsfan
Posts: 1325
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:56 pm

Re: Game Day Special: Blazers (34-39) vs Nets (35-36), Thurs 8/13/20

Post by Aztec Sunsfan » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:23 pm

Superbone wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:44 am
Zeratul wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:47 am
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:31 pm
And then KD will decide to force a trade to Phoenix, where he will mesh beautifully as our PF with Booker and Ayton, leading together our record setting march to the title!!!
Thats an Aztec prophecy?
I don't know about Aztec but I think it's on the Mayan calendar. Unfortunately, it happens on the same day the earth ends.
:lol:
I suppose it’s just how the Suns’ luck works...

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 10762
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Game Day Special: Blazers (34-39) vs Nets (35-36), Thurs 8/13/20

Post by Indy » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:04 am

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:01 pm
Indy wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:51 pm
He was pretty critical in Cleveland coming back to beat the Warriors after being down 3-1.
That is true. He was very important to that Cleveland team. But they didn't really have another offensive alpha dog. Lebron would have been, but it was late enough in Lebron's career that he was willing to take a back seat in the offense to Kyrie. I think KD still wants the ball in his hands and wants to take the big shots. That's why he left Golden State in the first place, to be "the man" and have "his" own team. That is in contradiction with the way Kyrie plays. I think they won't mesh together well, and the pair of them (perhaps plus DeAndre Jordan) won't mesh well with the others who have overachieved in their absence this year. I think they'll win more games next season with KD and Kyrie, but they will have locker room issues and chemistry problems that stop them from being an elite team.
LeBron was 5th in the league in scoring that year for the league, and scored over 26/game in the playoffs (leading his team). His usage % in the playoffs was over 30%. I am not sure how you define an offensive alpha dog, but that seems pretty alpha to me.

Post Reply