Suns News: Offseason

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
In2ition

Re: Suns News: Offseason

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:08 am
In2ition wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:31 am
Drewsprocket wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:08 pm
In2ition wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:23 pm
How about a trade of Rubio, Oubre, Jerome & Kaminsky for Chris Paul?
Then a sign & trade of Saric for a sign & trade of Wood?
I didn't put the pick in here, as it may be used as a trade chip. If it was me, it would be Hayes, Haliburton, Vassell, or Poku if they kept it, which they could.
If done this way the team could act as a team over the cap and have a MLE & BAE available.
Sign a backup PG besides Payne, like perhaps DJ Augustine or somehow convince Bertans for the MLE & ? for BAE
Get another wing w/ the BAE.
Essentially, the lineup looks like
CP3/Augustine/Payne
Booker/Carter
Bridges/Johnson
Wood/Johnson/?
Ayton/Wood

I think this is a damn good team, with a great chance to male some noise, and still could make that trade for Giannis if he becomes available.
Chris Paul is a poor sport and I just don’t want to watch him whine and try to put the game in the refs hands during crunch time. He’s a helluva player and would love it if he would just let his game speak for itself but he just tries to game the refs all the time.
This makes it seem like he's more likely to lose close games than not, but he's about as clutch down the stretch as there is in the NBA.
He wasn't too clutch in Game 7 against the Rockets.
I guess that one game invalidates my argument of his career as a whole?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:31 am
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Drewsprocket wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:23 pm
How about a trade of Rubio, Oubre, Jerome & Kaminsky for Chris Paul?
Then a sign & trade of Saric for a sign & trade of Wood?
I didn't put the pick in here, as it may be used as a trade chip. If it was me, it would be Hayes, Haliburton, Vassell, or Poku if they kept it, which they could.
If done this way the team could act as a team over the cap and have a MLE & BAE available.
Sign a backup PG besides Payne, like perhaps DJ Augustine or somehow convince Bertans for the MLE & ? for BAE
Get another wing w/ the BAE.
Essentially, the lineup looks like
CP3/Augustine/Payne
Booker/Carter
Bridges/Johnson
Wood/Johnson/?
Ayton/Wood

I think this is a damn good team, with a great chance to male some noise, and still could make that trade for Giannis if he becomes available.
Chris Paul is a poor sport and I just don’t want to watch him whine and try to put the game in the refs hands during crunch time. He’s a helluva player and would love it if he would just let his game speak for itself but he just tries to game the refs all the time.
This makes it seem like he's more likely to lose close games than not, but he's about as clutch down the stretch as there is in the NBA.
Did I say that?
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:06 am
In2ition wrote:
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Drewsprocket wrote:

Did I say that?
What were you trying to do, by bringing up 1 game?
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:11 am
Superbone wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:06 am
In2ition wrote:
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:

Did I say that?
What were you trying to do, by bringing up 1 game?
Yes. It IS the most recent in memory. He was the opposite of clutch at the end of that game.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

He did win game 6 for them though, he was awesome down the stretch of that one.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

He is too old to be the Go-To guy on a playoff team. OKC overachieved mostly because CP will them into the playoffs, and we pile on the guy because his team finally came back to earth? I get that many around here dislike him, but to be fair, he was supposed to demand a trade and start mailing it by december, and this guy just did the entire opposite, I certainly can respect that a give him a break. 40mill is a lot to digest, but I’m sure OKC got it’s money worth from him this year and shed very few tears for Westbrook.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

The only problem with CP is his contract. The rest of this stuff about he talks too much and he's not clutch is just making up reasons not to like a successful guy.

But man that contract is big. The salary cap could drop over the next 2 years, and I don't want to pay anyone 90 million during that span. I really don't want to give up assets to get that contract.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya I’d need two 1sts at a minimum to consider the trade

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:46 pm
He is too old to be the Go-To guy on a playoff team. OKC overachieved mostly because CP will them into the playoffs, and we pile on the guy because his team finally came back to earth? I get that many around here dislike him, but to be fair, he was supposed to demand a trade and start mailing it by december, and this guy just did the entire opposite, I certainly can respect that a give him a break. 40mill is a lot to digest, but I’m sure OKC got it’s money worth from him this year and shed very few tears for Westbrook.
What he's done in OKC is really impressive. He made that team really fun to watch and root for. And you're absolutely right that everybody expected him to pout and demand a trade, and instead he put that team on his shoulders and made them overachieve. So I give him credit for that. He's a very talented player. Sometimes even if a guy is good, you just don't like them for whatever reason. I hate James Harden, even though I'll readily acknowledge that he's a top-5 player in the NBA. In terms of Paul, I wouldn't want to give up the assets and accept the salary that would be needed to have him here. I'd rather have Rubio, or go for some younger/less expensive PG like FVV instead.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Don’t want CP3 on the Suns. No matter the trade package. Can’t stand the guy.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:23 am
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:46 pm
What he's done in OKC is really impressive. He made that team really fun to watch and root for. And you're absolutely right that everybody expected him to pout and demand a trade, and instead he put that team on his shoulders and made them overachieve. So I give him credit for that. He's a very talented player. Sometimes even if a guy is good, you just don't like them for whatever reason. I hate James Harden, even though I'll readily acknowledge that he's a top-5 player in the NBA. In terms of Paul, I wouldn't want to give up the assets and accept the salary that would be needed to have him here. I'd rather have Rubio, or go for some younger/less expensive PG like FVV instead.
I would hate to bring Harden as well, and who knows how CP will looks like next year, not advocating for him either. Would prefer to fix the hole at PF, because I strongly feel that bubble Cam Johnson is not coming back next year, nexts year’s Cam will be on the Saric’s mold: Like, he is better suit to play against reserves, ask him to start and he will struggle. Our projected 3 SF rotation manning the 3 and 4 spots is not going to cut it when it matters, specially if Ayton continues with his Ferdinand the Bull personification.

Porter JR would be my dream come true, hopefully either him or Millsap falls trough Denver’s rotation cracks in the summer. No Gordon please.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

O_Gardino wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:08 am
The only problem with CP is his contract. The rest of this stuff about he talks too much and he's not clutch is just making up reasons not to like a successful guy.
Don't forget that Chris Paul imposter you have to deal with that I've seen in the State Farm commercials. "If I wasn't your dad, could I do this?" If we were to get him, be prepared for the Suns new workout facilities to get wrecked by the guy.
"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

MPJ is a nut job I’ll pass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:35 am
Don’t want CP3 on the Suns. No matter the trade package. Can’t stand the guy.
Yay, yay, yay we all know. He did you wrong some.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:51 am
O_Gardino wrote:
Don't forget that Chris Paul imposter you have to deal with that I've seen in the State Farm commercials. "If I wasn't your dad, could I do this?" If we were to get him, be prepared for the Suns new workout facilities to get wrecked by the guy.
those have to be the worst commercials I have seen in a long time. I will take the awful political ads over those.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Superbone wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:
Very fair point. Now I'm worried that the Suns will trade for the imposter thinking he is the real Chris Paul.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Indy wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:08 am
Superbone wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:
those have to be the worst commercials I have seen in a long time. I will take the awful political ads over those.
There is one commercial that's far worse. "I read that wrong, OH YEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!"

Indy

Post by Indy »

I think they are equally bad.

For that one, I don't know why she doesn't just sing "I heard that wrong" instead of "read that wrong." You can't realistically read "Tax Attorney" as "Taxidermy."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Maybe she didn’t have her contacts in.

jonh

Post by jonh »

Indy wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:19 am
I think they are equally bad.

For that one, I don't know why she doesn't just sing "I heard that wrong" instead of "read that wrong." You can't realistically read "Tax Attorney" as "Taxidermy."
Maybe you should just Let it Go.