Suns News: Offseason

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Cap

Re: Suns News: Offseason

Post by Cap »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:14 am
Yeah, but where's he going to live? And damn that's a nice house.
$3.45M? That’s practically a shanty for a guy with a nine-figure contract.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Everybody can now relax. Now he's got an even fancier crib in PV. When does the season start?
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I just heard from a guy in the league office that FVV looks like he's going to sign in Phx. There is mutual interest and he likes the fit.

Of course, nothing is set in stone, but it's looking good.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Cap

Post by Cap »

Man, the youth of our rotation next year. FVV - 26. Booker - 23. Bridges - 24. Oubre - 24. Cam Johnson - 24. Ayton - 22. If we can keep that group together for several years, I really like the potential.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:24 pm
I just heard from a guy in the league office that FVV looks like he's going to sign in Phx. There is mutual interest and he likes the fit.

Wow, that would be awesome!
"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Cap wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:56 pm
Man, the youth of our rotation next year. FVV - 26. Booker - 23. Bridges - 24. Oubre - 24. Cam Johnson - 24. Ayton - 22. If we can keep that group together for several years, I really like the potential.
To sign FVV at market value (assuming $20M+), I am pretty sure that means saying goodbye to Ricky and Kelly to make room. Could be wrong.

Cap

Post by Cap »

specialsauce wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:22 pm
Cap wrote:
To sign FVV at market value (assuming $20M+), I am pretty sure that means saying goodbye to Ricky and Kelly to make room. Could be wrong.
I can live with that. If Mikal and Cam continue to progress, Kelly’s expendable.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

In2ition wrote:

How legit?

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Still kinda meh on adding FVV at the cost of Rubio and Oubre.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Depends on how much he wants...honestly we could do it by just getting rid of all cap holds(Saric, Baynes, Carter) waiving the non guaranteed deals of Okobo and Kaminsky. That gets us to 19ish million. If we move the 1st round pick and attach Jerome to it, that’s probably 25 million now.

We could also work out a sign and trade. If he’s leaving anyways, would Toronto take Jerome and 10 for FVV and 29?

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

He's not taking less than 20. Probably in the 22-25 range unless he really wants to be here. On the one hand, you're probably looking at a rebuilding situation sooner than later in Toronto so he may want to leave ahead of that and the Raps may not want to commit big money to a guy like FVV who isn't really a franchise type. He may want some warm weather after being in Toronto and feels we're an up and coming team he can put over the top, but we're also in the West where the comp is a lot tougher.

He's got the title experience, is still very young and worked his way up into the league which I'm sure JJ and Monty love. He's not a true PG tho so he and Book would most likely share PG duties but in Monty's .5 offense, his 5-6-7 assists/game should be enough. Just a question of whether or not he can elevate others' games the way Lowry/Rubio have.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Shabazz wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:47 pm
In2ition wrote:

How legit?
I got confirmation from another separate source with league office contacts. It's legit. Not set in stone, but more likely than FVV going back to Toronto or anywhere else.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

ShelC wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:24 am
I don't think it's going to cost both and there is a path where it doesn't cost either. With that said, I would bet on Oubre being the odd man out...most likely.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

specialsauce wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:22 pm
Cap wrote:
No, you can get to $20 mil without giving up either.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

ShelC wrote:
Agreed, that would suck. Good thing is that's not exactly what would happen.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Oubre and Rubio for FVV and Siakam. Saves them a ton of money. Who says no?
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

O_Gardino wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:41 am
Oubre and Rubio for FVV and Siakam. Saves them a ton of money. Who says no?
I'd even be willing to throw in Robert Sarver. That would save them even more $$

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:36 am
ShelC wrote:
Agreed, that would suck. Good thing is that's not exactly what would happen.
In all seriousness, I hope you are right. Toronto could use a scoring SF; I wonder if they would do FVV for Oubre straight up.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:37 am
Depends on how much he wants...honestly we could do it by just getting rid of all cap holds(Saric, Baynes, Carter) waiving the non guaranteed deals of Okobo and Kaminsky. That gets us to 19ish million. If we move the 1st round pick and attach Jerome to it, that’s probably 25 million now.

We could also work out a sign and trade. If he’s leaving anyways, would Toronto take Jerome and 10 for FVV and 29?
I think you could get to $22 mil by moving back or out of the draft and moving Jerome. That trade may work too.