Suns News: Offseason

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: Suns News: Offseason

Post by Split T »

Drewsprocket wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:35 pm
I don’t get it. They don’t want Oubre who’s on his last year. So What else they want? We’re not giving up Bridges, 10th, or Cam Johnson. They want another expiring contract?
FWIW, I listened to that flex from Jersey podcast and he said it’s not that OKC doesn’t want Kelly, but we want to find a good spot for Kelly. A place he could re-sign at next year. It sounds like OKC just wants to clear CP3 off the books and get him to a place he wants. Hence the 3rd and 4th teams. We’re looking for landing places where Rubio and Kelly can be happy. It’s good to hear we are looking out for our guys. Brought up on the podcast the contrast from when McD was here

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Split T wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:15 pm
Drewsprocket wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:35 pm
I don’t get it. They don’t want Oubre who’s on his last year. So What else they want? We’re not giving up Bridges, 10th, or Cam Johnson. They want another expiring contract?
FWIW, I listened to that flex from Jersey podcast and he said it’s not that OKC doesn’t want Kelly, but we want to find a good spot for Kelly. A place he could re-sign at next year. It sounds like OKC just wants to clear CP3 off the books and get him to a place he wants. Hence the 3rd and 4th teams. We’re looking for landing places where Rubio and Kelly can be happy. It’s good to hear we are looking out for our guys. Brought up on the podcast the contrast from when McD was here
I see. Yeah that makes sense. Oubre’s an easy piece to move. Rubio may or may not be difficult a player to get somewhere that makes him happy. Not many team likely wanna pay as much for him - and then trade something for him. I’ll be pissed if we trade our pick.
I’m guessing they wanna use their cap space on Bertans. That guy can shoot the rock.

BookTheGoat

Post by BookTheGoat »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:28 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:22 pm
jonh wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:12 pm
Superbone wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:53 am
jonh wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:25 pm
Im annoyed that the Suns are even having discussions about him, let alone that we would actually have to give up draft picks to take on his monstrous salary. This feels like such a Sarver move.
Are you guys allergic to the playoffs?
I don't believe Chris Paul would have been required for the Suns to go to the playoffs this past season. The team was an Ayton drug test away from already making the jump. I don't think he is required to go this upcoming season--the Suns have cap room, good chemistry in the locker room, and momentum.

Bringing Paul in would certainly handicap the team's ability to retain their current bench or bring in new guys that aren't already title chasers/old vets. Secondly, locker-room issues follow Paul like Kendall Jenner follows Booker. Finally, Chris Paul has only stayed on his last 2 teams for 2 years, and his family is in LA-- I see no reason to think that Paul would stay here after his massive contract expires in 2 years, requiring another large change in the roster then as well.
Who cares? I don’t want most of our bench back anyway.
$40 million dollars for a 36 year old PG that gives you a slight uptick from Rubio production, minus, from what everyone seems to claim, leadership and a bit of a locker room problem? I just don't get it. Sure, I don't want most of our bench back either. But you cripple your ability to get much of anything, current bench or other bench players of significance, with $40 million on your payroll for a 36 year old PG.

If folks couldn't tell, I'm not in favor of CP3 for $40 million a year. He's not THAT significant of an upgrade from Rubio. If Ayton hadn't been suspended, we wouldn't be talking about missing the playoffs barely last season and continuing our success next season towards an even better playoff run with a few pieces here and there.
Chris Paul is significantly better than Rubio. It’s not just about raw PPG and APG. Chris Paul can shoot and he’s a better defender. Defenses have to respect him at every spot on the floor. He’s an even smarter player than Rubio which is saying something. I understand why people don’t want CP3 but he was an All NBA player last year. That’s not slightly better than Rubio.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I'd love to find a way to get this guy in the trade:

Like, if we had to give up #10, but got Bazley and #25 back, I think I could live with that. He's got some Oubre in his game.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I like Bazley a lot and I don't think OKC would consider that deal. Maybe if the Suns had a top 5 pick?

Think about it this way, how many guys in this draft would you definitely want before Bazley?

Even on the chance they made that deal, I'd be at least a bit worried that OKC found another gem and the Suns weren't smart enough to see it.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Maybe if we do the rumored Oubre/10 to GS for 2 as part of the deal and send the 2 to OKC? I like Bazely too, but I agree they probably aren’t parting with him.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Wormwood wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:17 pm
I'd be very unhappy with Grant. He's like Oubre, except worse in every way.

And Oubre isn't that good when you actually look at his on court / off court numbers.
:lol:

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:24 pm
Indy wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:40 am
hey! I would like the Suns to be a legit contender in the West!
I know, right?! When is the last time you heard "Suns" and "legit contender in the West" in the same sentence?!
Just now.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:56 pm
In2ition wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:39 pm
Who is this flex from Jersey guy?
His name is Felix Cruz and if you've ever listened to the post game with Jon Bloom you would hear him call in. He has his own connections in the league, but is a huge Suns fan.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

So quiet after so much yesterday....the calm before the storm?

Indy

Post by Indy »

ShelC wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:27 am
Or the storm was just a way to generate discussion/set prices/entice suitors.

jonh

Post by jonh »

ShelC wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:27 am
I think I saw a tweet from Dave King suggesting the trade is in a holding pattern until it is finalized, and that may not happen for a few more days.

Split T

Post by Split T »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:26 am
Split T wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:56 pm
In2ition wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:39 pm
Who is this flex from Jersey guy?
His name is Felix Cruz and if you've ever listened to the post game with Jon Bloom you would hear him call in. He has his own connections in the league, but is a huge Suns fan.
Ya I saw on Twitter Jon Bloom and Espo were vouching for him. I listened to the podcast. He does seem pretty informed and seems like he’s got an idea of our free agency plan. He didn’t say on the podcast, but there was a moment he showed his guest on the pod who we were targeting. Sounds like we have plans.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Suns City Edition Jerseys are officially out. They look better on the players than when I first saw them in the tweet laid out on a table.

Nice video, great job by the marketing/production team

Split T

Post by Split T »

I really like them!

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Ayton looks really fit for the season.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Is it just me worrying incessantly, or has anyone else noticed that Booker hasn't showed up in any of the promotional jersey stuff over the last couple of weeks?

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Book's going to BK to play with Kyrie and KD.

Indy

Post by Indy »

ShelC wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:56 am
Book's going to BK to play with Kyrie and KD.
Then he would get to keep his pattern of a new coach every single year.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Indy wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:54 am
Is it just me worrying incessantly, or has anyone else noticed that Booker hasn't showed up in any of the promotional jersey stuff over the last couple of weeks?
I’m pretty sure he’s just been off hanging with the Kardashins all summer. He was at their private island birthday that Kim had recently. I wouldn’t look too far into it