Suns News: Offseason

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
jonh

Re: Suns News: Offseason

Post by jonh »

Indy wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:28 pm
Split T wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:27 pm
Indy wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:23 pm
Split T wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:17 pm
His comments about his time in Phoenix also made me realize he was probably never staying. I thought he loved it here, but that’s now exactly how he responded.
What was this last year-plus in Phoenix like for you?

It was up and down, of course. It was a lot of uncertainty for me as a player. Obviously I had a great year statistic-wise, but I had a lot of, just misunderstandings of who I was as a competitor. Because I was trying to lead a group, or try my best to be a vocal leader on a group that didn’t really understand how to make it to that next step. Obviously me being around the same age as everybody, it was just kind of like, you know, ‘bro.’ It was kind of a lot of pushback. I was trying to be understood and heard that I just want to win and help you guys win. But it was me going out there and just doing it, and just having that fire and that passion, which I can, now, just seamlessly fit in a group who already understands that, and bringing what I have to bring to the table. Phoenix was great, but I got a lot of my stuff out (of) the mud. I got a lot of my points, I got out (of) the mud. I didn’t get a lot of plays called for me or anything. But that’s just how I’ve been playing my whole career.
Yeah, he knows how to put on a show as much as anyone in the league. He can know that he won't be back and still make a video that shows how much he loves playing here.

I didn't hear any insider or even pseudo-insider say that Oubre was going to be here after this season.
Yep and to be clear, I’m still very grateful for Kelly and sad that he’s gone. He did bring some energy to that team and got them playing with some fire. I do think he deserves credit for that. While he didn’t play in the bubble, we don’t even get to play in the bubble without him.

The interesting point is when he talks about getting all his points out of mud. Felt a little Shawn Marion-y and I think we were headed for a problem down the line. Kelly has aspirations of being a star and we just wanted him to play more of a role. Which I think is perfectly acceptable. Credit to him, he never showed that he was frustrated with his role at all. I’m a big fan and will remain a big fan, I hope he does well in GS.

I am a little sad I won’t be able to rock an Oubre Valley jersey though.
Same. Well, I do until we are in competition for seeding.
Actually I feel much better about the trade now than I did before. I know its moot now, but I would have loved sending Oubre for the 2 (wasn't that on the table?), drafted the 2 and 10, kept Rubio, and try to pick up a backup PG and PF using all of that money in FA.

Indy

Post by Indy »

jonh wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:13 pm
Indy wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:28 pm
Split T wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:27 pm
Indy wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:23 pm
Split T wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:17 pm
His comments about his time in Phoenix also made me realize he was probably never staying. I thought he loved it here, but that’s now exactly how he responded.

Yeah, he knows how to put on a show as much as anyone in the league. He can know that he won't be back and still make a video that shows how much he loves playing here.

I didn't hear any insider or even pseudo-insider say that Oubre was going to be here after this season.
Yep and to be clear, I’m still very grateful for Kelly and sad that he’s gone. He did bring some energy to that team and got them playing with some fire. I do think he deserves credit for that. While he didn’t play in the bubble, we don’t even get to play in the bubble without him.

The interesting point is when he talks about getting all his points out of mud. Felt a little Shawn Marion-y and I think we were headed for a problem down the line. Kelly has aspirations of being a star and we just wanted him to play more of a role. Which I think is perfectly acceptable. Credit to him, he never showed that he was frustrated with his role at all. I’m a big fan and will remain a big fan, I hope he does well in GS.

I am a little sad I won’t be able to rock an Oubre Valley jersey though.
Same. Well, I do until we are in competition for seeding.
Actually I feel much better about the trade now than I did before. I know its moot now, but I would have loved sending Oubre for the 2 (wasn't that on the table?), drafted the 2 and 10, kept Rubio, and try to pick up a backup PG and PF using all of that money in FA.
No, it was a conditional pick next year, plus a 2nd round pick next year. If it was the 2nd pick this year I would have gone your route too.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Elie was waved.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

That is such an old world money name. Langston Galloway, I presume? Didn't he use to hang out with Thurston Howell, III before the shipwreck?
"Be Legendary."

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Indy wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:00 pm
I think you need to at least make the playoffs or acquire a top 5 player before you can call yourself a contender.
He could be calling his shot. When the Suns got Nash, they went from lottery to best record in the West. Maybe something like that happens here. The Suns could be a contender if these three guys show up:

1. Dominayton
2. OKCCP3
3. Scrimmage Bridges
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Indy

Post by Indy »

INFORMER wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:44 pm
Indy wrote:
I think you need to at least make the playoffs or acquire a top 5 player before you can call yourself a contender.
He could be calling his shot. When the Suns got Nash, they went from lottery to best record in the West. Maybe something like that happens here. The Suns could be a contender if these three guys show up:

1. Dominayton
2. OKCCP3
3. Scrimmage Bridges
I know it was short lived, but if scrimmage Bridges showed up every night, he would be our 2nd best player.

Indy

Post by Indy »

INFORMER wrote:
Indy wrote:

1. Dominayton
2. OKCCP3
3. Scrimmage Bridges
Also, didn't you see the tattoo?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

INFORMER wrote:
Indy wrote:

1. Dominayton
2. OKCCP3
3. Scrimmage Bridges
That's a lot of ifs :(

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

specialsauce wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:28 pm
Superbone wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:31 am
Indy wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:23 am
Not a great look. I hope they at least talked to him that it was a possibility.
Everybody know that you can't play if your chakra's not right.
What the fuck is he even saying. Spiritual warfare. I wish we could trade for him so we could trade him again. How’s that for a mind fuck
Lol

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:19 pm
Gotta respect the guy who signs his extension/raise while in the gym.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:01 pm
Superbone wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:19 pm
Gotta respect the guy who signs his extension/raise while in the gym.
That is exactly what I was thinking. That guy is ALWAYS in a gym.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

What a deep roster we got now. The bench may not be loaded with stars but it really looks as though James Jones plans to keep CP3 fresh for the playoffs. There are a lot games to be played in this squished schedule, it’ll be nice if we can win with Galloway or Carter playing alongside a point Book. Paul is gonna need some load mgt for real. No leaving him in during blow outs.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:32 pm
That is such an old world money name. Langston Galloway, I presume? Didn't he use to hang out with Thurston Howell, III before the shipwreck?
Quite true, good sir.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

O_Gardino wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:23 pm
Superbone wrote:
Quite true, good sir.
Today there were transactions involving Langston Galloway, Sindarius Thornwell and Quinndary Weatherspoon. Just a great day for names.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Shabazz wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:48 pm
O_Gardino wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:23 pm
Superbone wrote:
Quite true, good sir.
Today there were transactions involving Langston Galloway, Sindarius Thornwell and Quinndary Weatherspoon. Just a great day for names.
:lol:
"Be Legendary."

BigLewy

Post by BigLewy »

Oubre with a shot at Sarver...relevant parts below from a larger article.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/303 ... ganization

New Golden State Warriors swingman Kelly Oubre Jr. had a parting shot for Phoenix Suns owner Robert Sarver on the day he was officially introduced as a member of what was his third team in just over a week.

Oubre, who was acquired by the Warriors in a deal with the Oklahoma City Thunder on Sunday, spent the first five years of his career with the Washington Wizards and Suns. He was asked Monday just how much different it will be playing for Warriors owner Joe Lacob and a front-office group that has repeatedly proved it will spend what it takes to compete after playing for Sarver.

Sarver, who has owned the Suns since 2004, has developed a reputation locally and nationally for leading an organization in perpetual tumult -- marked by a great deal of losing and a rotating door of coaching and front-office hires.

"You just hit the nail on the head," Oubre said during an appearance on "Damon, Ratto & Kolsky," on 95.7 The Game in San Francisco. "I can play for an owner -- somebody who actually cares about the organization and not just the perception of the organization on the media end of it. It's all about the foundation for me, man. You have a beautiful foundation, can build a beautiful [future]."

Oubre, who appeared in a recent promotional picture for the Suns as they showcased this season's City Edition jersey, said he did not get to keep his jersey, as the organization traded him for veteran Chris Paul soon thereafter.

"Of course not -- they didn't let me keep that, man," Oubre said. "It had my last name on it, but I think they're going to take the stitching out and give it to CP3."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

No problems with Oubre taking shots at Sarver. We know what Sarver is. I'm sure he's raw about being traded but he landed in a good spot.

Who knows about the jersey. It's petty if they just didn't let him keep it. Maybe theyre planning on presenting him one in his first game back.