Around the League: Offseason

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
specialsauce

Re: Around the League: Offseason

Post by specialsauce »

Indy wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:25 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:19 pm
I say we keep posting weird Oubre quotes just to keep Saucy in good spirits.
I second this as much as i possibly can.
:roll: :lol:

Indy

Post by Indy »

specialsauce wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:07 pm
Indy wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:25 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:19 pm
I say we keep posting weird Oubre quotes just to keep Saucy in good spirits.
I second this as much as i possibly can.
:roll: :lol:
:P

I think we should find an Oubre gif and put it in our signatures. :lol:

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Cap

Post by Cap »

Indy wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:28 pm
bajanguy008 wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:09 pm
Indy wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:03 pm
It is crazy how many people he has lost.
yea I think most knew about his mom but seeing that tweet just now was a real gut punch. that's really tough
I think the current numbers are 1 in 850 black people in the US have died this year from COVID-19.
Not very different from the overall numbers.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

KAT has 5,950 family members.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Indy

Post by Indy »

Cap wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:42 pm
Indy wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:28 pm
bajanguy008 wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:09 pm
Indy wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:03 pm
It is crazy how many people he has lost.
yea I think most knew about his mom but seeing that tweet just now was a real gut punch. that's really tough
I think the current numbers are 1 in 850 black people in the US have died this year from COVID-19.
Not very different from the overall numbers.
It is almost 50% higher than the US as a whole. Right around 1 in 1200 right now.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

hmmm....
thoughts ?

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

obviously kool to see the Bubble/CP3 effect for us but as for Around the League...

again general consensus is the league pushing Zion and the Pels is a little overboard
some folks also think Hawks deserve more than one game

jonh

Post by jonh »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:13 am
hmmm....
thoughts ?

It’s a fantastic (and surprisingly wholesome) thread to read. While I wouldn’t want his contract, I have a lot more respect for him as a teammate.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Westbrook gets a lot of unwarranted hate because of his style of play IMO. A lot of stars do to some extent, but he's been a pretty polarizing player. If you win, you change people's perceptions of you. He's always been a favorite of mine to watch because he plays so hard. I just don't think he's had great teams built around him.

Split T

Post by Split T »

His teammates have always loved him. He seems like a solid guy as well when you hear stories of him leaving an $8000 tip in his hotel room. He’s incredibly passionate and competition seems to push him over the edge at times(see his many fan interactions) but he’s the kinda guy who you want on your side. He’ll give you 100% always.

The contract is bad, and he’s tricky to build around. He’s had success with stars who don’t necessarily need the ball(KD, PG) a lot. Beal could be a decent fit, and Bertans definitely will. I think Washington is gonna score a ton of points.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Oubre seems to be turning heel right in front of us. I want to think his heart's in the right place and he maybe lacks some awareness but he seems to be throwing some shade at Book here.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Wow what a teammate off the court. Unfortunately, he’s trash on the court. Why? He is literally one of the alltime stat chaser and padders. In a small market, his whole team went after his triple double record like that was their title. It was gross to watch it. Johnny boxscores love to look at stats and highlights. The the real picture is that the guy doesn’t know how to play any other way.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Drewsprocket wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:57 am
Wow what a teammate off the court. Unfortunately, he’s trash on the court. Why? He is literally one of the alltime stat chaser and padders. In a small market, his whole team went after his triple double record like that was their title. It was gross to watch it. Johnny boxscores love to look at stats and highlights. The the real picture is that the guy doesn’t know how to play any other way.
Our whole team tried to get Booker 70 one game. I’m not sure why people are upset about Westbrook’s stat chasing. All guys want stats. Sure, the Thunder probably took it too far to where it may have took precedence over winning, but teams sitting players to lose games on purpose is a much bigger offense in my opinion.

Split T

Post by Split T »

ShelC wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:54 am
Oubre seems to be turning heel right in front of us. I want to think his heart's in the right place and he maybe lacks some awareness but he seems to be throwing some shade at Book here.

That didn’t seem that bad. He said a lot of good things about Book and wanting to get where Book is at. Had 1 little comment throwing some shade at Bookers D. Everyone knows Booker isn’t much of a defender.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Funny coming from Kelly of all people who notoriously took naps on the defensive end if a block or steal wasn’t to be had. Little boy is butt hurt.

Basically said watching Book made him realize he’s not that far off. What a douche. You’re miles apart. Again, eat a bag KO. Enjoy your single season in GS before signing a huge deal with an irrelevant team

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Split T wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:11 am
Drewsprocket wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:57 am
Our whole team tried to get Booker 70 one game. I’m not sure why people are upset about Westbrook’s stat chasing. All guys want stats. Sure, the Thunder probably took it too far to where it may have took precedence over winning, but teams sitting players to lose games on purpose is a much bigger offense in my opinion.
Oh I get it for a game or two, or throwing it off the backboard. But the whole season? I recall defending Russell to my friend and then he made me watch some of their games. His team was leaping outta the way to give up the boards. I think I read that he defended less 3 pt shots that year than as any avg center in the league. And then that behavior continued through the playoffs, trash. That’s why Durant is gone. No matter what anyone of his friends say, no stars will ever join a Westbrook with the intention of winning again.
Westbrook because could be DPOY and a top 5 player if he focused on Defense, and traded in his bad shots for creating for others or playing off the ball.
The fandom we throw at this type of play by uber talented players who pound the ball into oblivion and pad stats kinda ruins basketball. Anyone remember when OKC was fun to watch when Durant and Harden were there? They were exciting and I thought it would turn the way fans rooted for their teams in stadiums.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I do think Westbrook should play differently, I just don’t find stat padding all that offensive. He should stop shooting 3’s and figure out how to cut off ball.

1 point of correction is he didn’t start chasing triple doubles until KD left.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:45 pm
I do think Westbrook should play differently, I just don’t find stat padding all that offensive. He should stop shooting 3’s and figure out how to cut off ball.

1 point of correction is he didn’t start chasing triple doubles until KD left.
And KD left because he isn't a killer. He got beat, never could get over the hump, and joined the best team in the league. Oh, and it was fucking Oklahoma City. Anyone that has spent a minute there knows you don't want to live half your life there. Especially as a black person with the means to live where ever you want.