NBA Playoffs 2020

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Wally_West

Re: NBA Playoffs 2020

Post by Wally_West »

Split T wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:06 am
Milwaukee losing in round 2 would make things real interesting this summer. Does Giannis sign that supermax? Does he wait to see what Milwaukee does? What can milwaukee actually do? Does Bledsoe have much trade value? Would they move Middleton?
You said it in another thread and I really think you’re on to something, trade Giannis to the Suns. :D

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Devin Booker can be the Jordan in the relationship.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Wally_West wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:28 pm
Split T wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:06 am
Milwaukee losing in round 2 would make things real interesting this summer. Does Giannis sign that supermax? Does he wait to see what Milwaukee does? What can milwaukee actually do? Does Bledsoe have much trade value? Would they move Middleton?
You said it in another thread and I really think you’re on to something, trade Giannis to the Suns. :D
Haha, I’m all for it!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Bucks/Heat Game 3 starts in a few hours. Pivotal game for the future of the Bucks. If they drop this game, panic will ensue.

I've been really surprised and impressed by the Heat. They don't have a lot of star power outside of Butler, but they are scrappy as hell and very tough.

It's noteworthy that Goran Dragic's team is whooping Eric Bledsoe's team...

Split T

Post by Split T »

One thing mentioned on the KOC/Vernon podcast this morning that I never really thought about before, but if the Bucks lose before the finals, they are 100% trading for CP3, right? CP3/Middleton/Giannis is perfect.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:09 am
One thing mentioned on the KOC/Vernon podcast this morning that I never really thought about before, but if the Bucks lose before the finals, they are 100% trading for CP3, right? CP3/Middleton/Giannis is perfect.
What do they have to trade for him and his 41M contract while the cap is going down and Giannis is due for a super max? I think they would have to give up 1st round picks until eternity AND trade everyone on the team that isn't Giannis/Middleton just to make the numbers work.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:57 am
Bucks/Heat Game 3 starts in a few hours. Pivotal game for the future of the Bucks. If they drop this game, panic will ensue.

I've been really surprised and impressed by the Heat. They don't have a lot of star power outside of Butler, but they are scrappy as hell and very tough.

It's noteworthy that Goran Dragic's team is whooping Eric Bledsoe's team...
Spoelstra is arguably the 2nd best coach in the league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Indy wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:44 pm
Split T wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:09 am
What do they have to trade for him and his 41M contract while the cap is going down and Giannis is due for a super max? I think they would have to give up 1st round picks until eternity AND trade everyone on the team that isn't Giannis/Middleton just to make the numbers work.
Why would they have to give up 1sts? I think Bledsoe, Hill, Ilyasova is enough to get it done contract wise.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Split T wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:06 pm
Why would they have to give up 1sts? I think Bledsoe, Hill, Ilyasova is enough to get it done contract wise.
Why would OKC take back that puu-puu platter for CP3? I know Paul's contract is huge, but if you accept just as much money back and don't get any promising young talent or assets, what's the point? CP3 is playing well for them, so I don't see any point for them to just dump him for equal money unless it nets them an asset or substantial financial relief.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:09 pm
Split T wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:06 pm
Why would OKC take back that puu-puu platter for CP3? I know Paul's contract is huge, but if you accept just as much money back and don't get any promising young talent or assets, what's the point? CP3 is playing well for them, so I don't see any point for them to just dump him for equal money unless it nets them an asset or substantial financial relief.
Ilyasova is non guaranteed, so that saves 7 million. Those contracts also only add up to about 32 million. So they save 15ish total. Bledsoe and Hill are both very tradeable as well. Hill would be an expiring and is a useful backup guard. Bledsoe also has value. There is a reason Houston had to give up multiple 1sts to move CP3. He’s still a 35 year old pg with 40 million a year seasons coming up. Who else is going to offer up value for CP3?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

What Miami is doing here is pretty incredible. They're about to go up 3-0 on the #1 team in the NBA. Huge series for them and huge implications for the future of the Bucks.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Thew Bucks are on the verge of a massive fail.

Their backcourt just isn't championship-caliber.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Ayton, Oubre, 10th pick plus 2 future 1st for Giannis.

Or

Ayton, Oubre, Cam Johnson( :cry: ), 10th pick, and unprotected 1st for Giannis.

Trade Rubio to ATL for cap space, sign FVV

Booker, Giannis, FVV and Mikal starting line-up. :shock:

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Russell Westbrook is so damn annoying.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

The Bobster wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:12 pm

We all know a Bledsoe led backcourt isn’t going anywhere.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

A lot of shots fired at Bud for not playing Giannis more, but it's not like he's lighting Miami on fire when he's playing. He's -14, -7 and -13 in the three games. He hasn't looked much better than Adebayo this series: elite defender that can pass from the top of the key and is hard to deal with near the rim. Everything extra he tries to do is a blessing for the defense, like bricking threes and turn around jumpers around the paint.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

And he was playing on a tweaked ankle, it was a thin line what to do with it, winning that third game but losing him for the rest of the series would have been a pirric victory

Split T

Post by Split T »

Need to see some Giannis setting screens in the PNR. Problem is Milwaukee doesn’t have a great option as the ball handler. Middleton and Bledsoe can do it.

Split T

Post by Split T »

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:04 pm
The Bobster wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:12 pm

We all know a Bledsoe led backcourt isn’t going anywhere.
I don't think Bledsoe is to blame, but he certainly isn't helping much. And they're probably a better team with George Hill at the point.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.