Suns Record Predictions

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.

How many games will the Suns win (assuming 72 games are played)?

>60
6%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
6%
55 (beats our best win % ever)
3%
3%
No votes
3%
No votes
11%
No votes
11%
9%
14%
6%
9%
No votes
42 (matches best win % of last 10 years)
6%
9%
3%
3%
No votes
37 (means we finally have a winning season)
No votes
No votes
35 (just beats last year's win %)
No votes
30-34
No votes
<30
No votes

Total votes: 35

bajanguy008

Re: Suns Record Predictions

Post by bajanguy008 »

Indy wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:51 pm
jonh wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:40 pm
Indy wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:26 pm
Nodack wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:19 pm
We are about a third of the way through the season and stand at 15-9. That puts the Suns on a 44ish win scenario falling into just about where most here thought they would. There is a lot of time left to suck or improve.
6 of us (me included) had them at over 50 wins--which equates to ~57 wins over a normal 82 game season. I am guessing they don't make that.
Honestly, If we could re-vote today, I would bet the over on 44 wins, and I don't know if 50 is completely out of the question.
I think that is just the current win streak talking. A week ago we had just lost by over 20 points to the Pels.
And the week before that we were 8-8 and most the board had out there pitchforks
I don't fault those who seemingly keep expecting shit to hit the fan or are tempering expectations but as I said when I made the Game Day threads that week. I feel we'll be alright 8-)
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Indy

Post by Indy »

If we don't lose Book or Mikal or DA for an extended period, we should be in the playoffs. Even with a couple rough patches here and there.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Indy wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:00 pm
If we don't lose Book or Mikal or DA for an extended period, we should be in the playoffs. Even with a couple rough patches here and there.
We should absolutely be in the playoffs. The question is whether we can do any damage when we get there.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Gotta stay in that 4-5 series. You drop to 6 or lower and there’s a good chance we’re playing an LA team in round 1. Not to mention if we drop to 7 or 8, we gotta play just to get in.

Kinda feels like we’re headed to a 4-5 Suns/Nuggets series. That would be a good one.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Definitely.

It has been an interesting ride. We got all those new players at the start and played preseason and I was overwhelmed by all the new faces. It seemed Monty wanted to give everyone a taste. Minutes were so spotty and players never seemed to get going before being taken out. I wasn’t impressed with Nader at all and then he got hurt right away. Moore did nothing to impress me either. Kaminsky again? Nader finally made his appearance in real games and did well. Moore was non existent in the rotation and then all of the sudden he is starting and doing well. Injuries have really hit the Suns and yet they have been resilient because of depth. Smith hasn’t gotten any time as the rookie and Jones hasn’t proven to any Suns fan that he belongs in the nba. Looking forward to getting Payne and Saric back so Monte has a full deck to work with.

England Sun

Post by England Sun »

I agree with Nodak, lots of new faces to integrate and some not been healthy yet.
I do think our record would be better if we'd had Saric around more and the one big area of concern for me is the real lack of depth in the front court, particularly of real length and athleticism and that will be our achilles heel more than anything else into the playoffs.
What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

Indy

Post by Indy »

It would be pretty great if the current standings held throughout the rest of the season. Getting the two LA teams to be #2/#3 would mean they have to play each other in round 2, while we would get the Jazz. I would like our chances there.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Indy wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:30 am
It would be pretty great if the current standings held throughout the rest of the season. Getting the two LA teams to be #2/#3 would mean they have to play each other in round 2, while we would get the Jazz. I would like our chances there.
Yep, that’s the dream scenario

Cap

Post by Cap »

538's projections:

52-20 Lakers
52-20 Jazz
50-22 Clippers
45-27 Nuggets
43-29 Suns
39-33 Blazers

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:42 am
Indy wrote:
But the lakers are on pace for a 63 win season (out of 82 games), and I feel like they are more likely to keep it up than Utah (who is on pace for 66 wins in a normal season).

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the final seeding is Lakers>Clippers>Jazz.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Cap wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:08 am
538's projections:

52-20 Lakers
52-20 Jazz
50-22 Clippers
45-27 Nuggets
43-29 Suns
39-33 Blazers
I am curious how much that changes from game to game (especially after a loss).

Split T

Post by Split T »

Indy wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:10 am
Split T wrote:
Indy wrote:
But the lakers are on pace for a 63 win season (out of 82 games), and I feel like they are more likely to keep it up than Utah (who is on pace for 66 wins in a normal season).

For sure, I don’t think the Jazz will keep up their pace. They’ve also done it against a fairly easy schedule. Their next 8 games have Milwaukee, Clippers twice, Lakers, Sixers, Heat twice, and Charlotte. Those Milwaukee and LA games will be interesting. Milwaukee is tonight.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:32 am
Indy wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:10 am
Split T wrote:
Indy wrote:

For sure, I don’t think the Jazz will keep up their pace. They’ve also done it against a fairly easy schedule. Their next 8 games have Milwaukee, Clippers twice, Lakers, Sixers, Heat twice, and Charlotte. Those Milwaukee and LA games will be interesting. Milwaukee is tonight.
I might try and catch part of that game.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Jazz beat them earlier this year, but Milwaukee wasn’t clicking yet. I’m curious how they’ll do tonight. I don’t think Utah really has a way to defend Giannis. Who starts on him? Bojan? Royce O’Neale? I’m sure they’ll try to collapse on him and have Rudy stationed near the rim to cut off the basket, but that leaves shooters open. Especially Brook, who I imagine Rudy will be defending.

Honestly it might turn into a shootout. Jazz and Bucks are two of the best 3pt shooting teams in the league...whoever is hitting their 3s will probably win. Though I think Milwaukee has the trump card if Utah can’t keep Giannis from going off.

I didn’t watch the first game, but a jazz fan I know said Milwaukee couldn’t guard the Jazz. He thinks they’ll just outpace them on offense...Bucks are the #1 offense though. No Jrue helps though...he could have put the clamps on Mitchell.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Looking back, Jazz went 25/53 from 3. Bucks went 13/42. Can’t imagine the disparity will be that big again. Both teams are shooting 40.2% on the season from 3.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

I don't think we can use injuries and adjustments as a caveat to our record or try to remove those factors when projecting the rest of the season. It's going to continue to be a wild year. We might see a slump from Booker/Paul post all-star game. We might see someone get COVID. We might see a tough stretch trying to squeeze in the postponed games. Kaminsky might demand a trade.

All I'm saying is that we will continue to have a crazy season. Our current record is based on resiliency. Our future record will be based on the team's growth or struggles with the continued craziness.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

O_Gardino wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:59 am
I don't think we can use injuries and adjustments as a caveat to our record or try to remove those factors when projecting the rest of the season. It's going to continue to be a wild year. We might see a slump from Booker/Paul post all-star game. We might see someone get COVID. We might see a tough stretch trying to squeeze in the postponed games. Kaminsky might demand a trade.

All I'm saying is that we will continue to have a crazy season. Our current record is based on resiliency. Our future record will be based on the team's growth or struggles with the continued craziness.
NOOOO!!!
"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:46 am
O_Gardino wrote:

NOOOO!!!
Whom does he want to trade?

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Cap wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:10 pm
Superbone wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:

NOOOO!!!
Probably half of this site if he saw our post history.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Indy

Post by Indy »

O_Gardino wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:45 pm
Cap wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:10 pm
Superbone wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:

NOOOO!!!
Probably half of this site if he saw our post history.
Hell, with his sense of humor half the posts on here *about* him, might *be* him!