2020-2021 NBA Predictions

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Indy

Re: 2020-2021 NBA Predictions

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:48 am
Indy wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:45 am
Split T wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:18 am
I don’t think they can beat the Lakers, but I don’t see why the Clippers can’t beat anyone else. They fell apart in the bubble, but I don’t think it’s a foregone conclusion that happens again. They are obviously good enough to have a 20 point lead in the 2nd half with a 3-1 series lead. If you’re good enough to get to that point, you’re good enough to close that out. Need to resolve their chemistry issues, and Kennard/Ibaka replacing Shamet/Harrell is an upgrade. I still worry about their lack of a primary ball handler that can keep everyone involved, Kawhi and PG will just need to step up there.
I don't think it is cut and dry that Kennard/Ibaka > Shamet/Harrell. And it might be that Denver was playing shitty enough to be down 3-1 in the series as opposed to the Clippers being great. I just don't trust PG. Maybe that is my bias. Their top guys are KL, PG, Marcus Morris, Ibaka, Pat Bev and Lou Williams. Only Kawhi is under 30.
Kennard gives them someone that can actually run a little offense as opposed to shamet who is just a catch and shoot guy. Ibaka may not be the regular season player Harrell is, but he’s going to be more playable in the playoffs. Harrell wasn’t good in the bubble.

And I guess I’m still a PG believer. Think he’s become underrated because he hit the backboard on that one shot.
I think it is more about his career FG% in the playoffs being under 42%. Are there other current 'great' players with such a low playoff FG%? You just can't count on him.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Indy wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:45 pm
Split T wrote:
Indy wrote:
Split T wrote:
I don’t think they can beat the Lakers, but I don’t see why the Clippers can’t beat anyone else. They fell apart in the bubble, but I don’t think it’s a foregone conclusion that happens again. They are obviously good enough to have a 20 point lead in the 2nd half with a 3-1 series lead. If you’re good enough to get to that point, you’re good enough to close that out. Need to resolve their chemistry issues, and Kennard/Ibaka replacing Shamet/Harrell is an upgrade. I still worry about their lack of a primary ball handler that can keep everyone involved, Kawhi and PG will just need to step up there.
I don't think it is cut and dry that Kennard/Ibaka > Shamet/Harrell. And it might be that Denver was playing shitty enough to be down 3-1 in the series as opposed to the Clippers being great. I just don't trust PG. Maybe that is my bias. Their top guys are KL, PG, Marcus Morris, Ibaka, Pat Bev and Lou Williams. Only Kawhi is under 30.
Kennard gives them someone that can actually run a little offense as opposed to shamet who is just a catch and shoot guy. Ibaka may not be the regular season player Harrell is, but he’s going to be more playable in the playoffs. Harrell wasn’t good in the bubble.

And I guess I’m still a PG believer. Think he’s become underrated because he hit the backboard on that one shot.
I think it is more about his career FG% in the playoffs being under 42%. Are there other current 'great' players with such a low playoff FG%? You just can't count on him.
Westbrook?

Indy

Post by Indy »

Cap wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:53 pm
Indy wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:45 pm
Split T wrote:
Indy wrote:
Split T wrote:

Westbrook?
Great example. I am not sure anyone would bet on Westbrook leading your team far into the playoffs.

Split T

Post by Split T »

He shoots a ton of 3’s, so fg% doesn’t tell the whole story. He’s at a career .557 TS%. That’s fine. He’s had a couple bad playoff runs, but he had some really good ones with Indiana. I know we’re far removed from that, but I don’t think there’s anything about his game that doesn’t translate to the playoffs. He’s just had some bad series. Maybe I’m wrong, we’ll see how he does this year.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

James Jones will win Executive of the Year.