Around the League: Week 1 12/22-12/27

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
User avatar
Split T
Posts: 10951
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Around the League: Week 1 12/22-12/27

Post by Split T » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:51 pm

Ya, could have used some of the Crowder money and then drafted a wing instead of Jalen.
Split: I would trade DA for SGA right now(11-24-2020)

Cap: I wouldn’t. Somebody remember to check this post in five years and see which of us looks the fool.

User avatar
INFORMER
Posts: 6315
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:19 pm

Re: Around the League: Week 1 12/22-12/27

Post by INFORMER » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:52 pm

I would have had no problem having Boucher and Stix.

User avatar
In2ition
Posts: 7107
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: Around the League: Week 1 12/22-12/27

Post by In2ition » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:00 pm

INFORMER wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:01 pm
In2ition wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:04 pm
INFORMER wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:49 pm
James freakin' Wiseman. Well done, In2.

I'm so glad he landed in GS. He'll have the best shot at developing there. So far, so good.
I'm not happy that GSW got him if he becomes really good, but thanks. I hope all players not on Phx or potentially play for my Suns suck, haha. A true homer.
I like for things to go right for opponents and for my team just to be better.
That would work too.
"30 wins would be an extremely disappointing season" yeah, I said it and I mean it.

User avatar
INFORMER
Posts: 6315
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:19 pm

Re: Around the League: Week 1 12/22-12/27

Post by INFORMER » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:08 pm

In2ition wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:00 pm
INFORMER wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:01 pm
In2ition wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:04 pm
INFORMER wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:49 pm
James freakin' Wiseman. Well done, In2.

I'm so glad he landed in GS. He'll have the best shot at developing there. So far, so good.
I'm not happy that GSW got him if he becomes really good, but thanks. I hope all players not on Phx or potentially play for my Suns suck, haha. A true homer.
I like for things to go right for opponents and for my team just to be better.
That would work too.
"Do your worst, for I will do mine!"

User avatar
Shabazz
Posts: 4548
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:16 pm

Re: Around the League: Week 1 12/22-12/27

Post by Shabazz » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:47 pm

Harden is unreal.

User avatar
Flagrant Fowl
Posts: 3952
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:04 am
Location: Haeundae, Busan, South Korea

Re: Around the League: Week 1 12/22-12/27

Post by Flagrant Fowl » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:53 pm

But CJ won the game.
UOducks4life in a previous life. Valar Morghulis.

User avatar
Shabazz
Posts: 4548
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:16 pm

Re: Around the League: Week 1 12/22-12/27

Post by Shabazz » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:04 pm

Yeah. I wrote that before the game ended. But he’s out there looking like Kimbo Slice dropping 44-17.

User avatar
Shabazz
Posts: 4548
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:16 pm

Re: Around the League: Week 1 12/22-12/27

Post by Shabazz » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:08 pm

A starting lineup of Paul-Booker-Bridges-Wood-Ayton with a bench mob of Cam-Cam-Haliburton-Galloway-Moore-Carter-Dedmon/Giles/Whiteside was a realistic roster this year.

User avatar
ShelC
Posts: 7156
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 am

Re: Around the League: Week 1 12/22-12/27

Post by ShelC » Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:49 am

Baynes highlights. Interested to see how he does in Toronto, which should be a good situation for him. Thought he looked a little heavy and a tad slower here than last season but it's still early and he also came into last season in great shape.


User avatar
ShelC
Posts: 7156
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 am

Re: Around the League: Week 1 12/22-12/27

Post by ShelC » Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:32 pm


User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 12103
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Around the League: Week 1 12/22-12/27

Post by Mori Chu » Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:36 pm

That's too bad for Chriss. He had kind of found a role for himself there. Missing a whole season sucks.

User avatar
LazarusLong
Posts: 1972
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:58 pm

Re: Around the League: Week 1 12/22-12/27

Post by LazarusLong » Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:36 pm

That terrible news about Chriss. It's like the four horsemen of the injury apocalypse have taken residence in the Warriors camp...
The Suns finally have the potential to shine again ... 8-)

User avatar
Oatmeal
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:13 am
Location: Mikal Bridges Fan Account

Re: Around the League: Week 1 12/22-12/27

Post by Oatmeal » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:13 pm

Warriors fans were insufferable. This is what they get.

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 19650
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Around the League: Week 1 12/22-12/27

Post by Superbone » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:21 pm

Oatmeal wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:13 pm
Warriors fans were insufferable. This is what they get.
This made me let out a guilty laugh!
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season!

User avatar
Flagrant Fowl
Posts: 3952
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:04 am
Location: Haeundae, Busan, South Korea

Re: Around the League: Week 1 12/22-12/27

Post by Flagrant Fowl » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:31 pm

Oatmeal wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:13 pm
Warriors fans were insufferable. This is what they get.
Most of the insufferable ones have gone back to being Lakers fans.
UOducks4life in a previous life. Valar Morghulis.

User avatar
Flagrant Fowl
Posts: 3952
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:04 am
Location: Haeundae, Busan, South Korea

Re: Around the League: Week 1 12/22-12/27

Post by Flagrant Fowl » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:51 pm

For Saucy.

UOducks4life in a previous life. Valar Morghulis.

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 12427
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Around the League: Week 1 12/22-12/27

Post by Indy » Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:15 pm

INFORMER wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:08 pm
In2ition wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:00 pm
INFORMER wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:01 pm
In2ition wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:04 pm
INFORMER wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:49 pm
James freakin' Wiseman. Well done, In2.

I'm so glad he landed in GS. He'll have the best shot at developing there. So far, so good.
I'm not happy that GSW got him if he becomes really good, but thanks. I hope all players not on Phx or potentially play for my Suns suck, haha. A true homer.
I like for things to go right for opponents and for my team just to be better.
That would work too.
"Do your worst, for I will do mine!"
It has literally been decades since I last read this, but it was one of my fav books back then. I should re-read it.

User avatar
Flagrant Fowl
Posts: 3952
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:04 am
Location: Haeundae, Busan, South Korea

Re: Around the League: Week 1 12/22-12/27

Post by Flagrant Fowl » Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:25 pm

I started watching the Mavs/Clips with some coffee and then went out for a morning run. Just came back and the score is 62-18. I had to triple check that one.
UOducks4life in a previous life. Valar Morghulis.

User avatar
BKinSJC
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:36 am
Location: Southern California

Re: Around the League: Week 1 12/22-12/27

Post by BKinSJC » Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:35 pm

Mavs leading the Clips by 50 (FIFTY!) points at the half, 77-27. They just said it's the largest halftime lead in the history of the league.

User avatar
Furlanfufi
Posts: 586
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:09 pm
Location: São Paulo, Brazil

Re: Around the League: Week 1 12/22-12/27

Post by Furlanfufi » Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:36 pm

77-27
They're without Kawhi, but c'mon...

Post Reply