Suns News: Week 2 12/28-1/3

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
User avatar
INFORMER
Posts: 6280
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:19 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 2 12/28-1/3

Post by INFORMER » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:32 pm

Nodack wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:16 am
Googs was great... and then he got injured.
Even before the injury, he was a lackluster addition. He peaked after his first two games as a Sun. He just wasn't the scorer he was in Minnesota. Very similar to Stephon Marbury's pre-Suns career vs his performance with the Suns.

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 12373
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Suns News: Week 2 12/28-1/3

Post by Indy » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:14 am

INFORMER wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:32 pm
Nodack wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:16 am
Googs was great... and then he got injured.
Even before the injury, he was a lackluster addition. He peaked after his first two games as a Sun. He just wasn't the scorer he was in Minnesota. Very similar to Stephon Marbury's pre-Suns career vs his performance with the Suns.
that is a good comparison.

User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 12067
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Suns News: Week 2 12/28-1/3

Post by Mori Chu » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:05 am

But at least that era led us to Penny Hardaway and BACKCOURT 2000!

User avatar
Nodack
Posts: 4095
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 2 12/28-1/3

Post by Nodack » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:09 pm

And Joe Johnson came on while Penny was struggling and the argument on whether Penny or Joe should be starting became another chapter. Then we had the Joe Johnson is really good but, not worth the max argument, which led to the should we have let him go argument which led to...

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 12373
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Suns News: Week 2 12/28-1/3

Post by Indy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:33 pm

Indy game now postponed too


User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 19583
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Suns News: Week 2 12/28-1/3

Post by Superbone » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:36 pm

That's enough! I can't take it. Especially in old threads.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season!

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 12373
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Suns News: Week 2 12/28-1/3

Post by Indy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:18 pm

:P

User avatar
Shabazz
Posts: 4540
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:16 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 2 12/28-1/3

Post by Shabazz » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:34 pm

Maybe Ayton uses this time off to do some wind sprints.

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 19583
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Suns News: Week 2 12/28-1/3

Post by Superbone » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:49 pm

Shabazz wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:34 pm
Maybe Ayton uses this time off to do some wind sprints.
And some testosterone supplements.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season!

User avatar
Flagrant Fowl
Posts: 3910
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:04 am
Location: Haeundae, Busan, South Korea

Re: Suns News: Week 2 12/28-1/3

Post by Flagrant Fowl » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:51 pm

Superbone wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:49 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:34 pm
Maybe Ayton uses this time off to do some wind sprints.
And some testosterone supplements.
That didn't exactly work out for him the first time.
UOducks4life in a previous life. Valar Morghulis.

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 19583
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Suns News: Week 2 12/28-1/3

Post by Superbone » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:52 pm

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:51 pm
Superbone wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:49 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:34 pm
Maybe Ayton uses this time off to do some wind sprints.
And some testosterone supplements.
That didn't exactly work out for him the first time.
There’s got to be some legal ones, no?
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season!

User avatar
Flagrant Fowl
Posts: 3910
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:04 am
Location: Haeundae, Busan, South Korea

Re: Suns News: Week 2 12/28-1/3

Post by Flagrant Fowl » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:56 pm

Superbone wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:52 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:51 pm
Superbone wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:49 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:34 pm
Maybe Ayton uses this time off to do some wind sprints.
And some testosterone supplements.
That didn't exactly work out for him the first time.
There’s got to be some legal ones, no?
Not for the amount he needs.
UOducks4life in a previous life. Valar Morghulis.

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 12373
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Suns News: Week 2 12/28-1/3

Post by Indy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:59 pm

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:56 pm
Superbone wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:52 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:51 pm
Superbone wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:49 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:34 pm
Maybe Ayton uses this time off to do some wind sprints.
And some testosterone supplements.
That didn't exactly work out for him the first time.
There’s got to be some legal ones, no?
Not for the amount he needs.
worked out great in Tucson.

User avatar
Flagrant Fowl
Posts: 3910
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:04 am
Location: Haeundae, Busan, South Korea

Re: Suns News: Week 2 12/28-1/3

Post by Flagrant Fowl » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:02 pm

Indy wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:59 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:56 pm
Superbone wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:52 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:51 pm
Superbone wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:49 pm


And some testosterone supplements.
That didn't exactly work out for him the first time.
There’s got to be some legal ones, no?
Not for the amount he needs.
worked out great in Tucson.
Well, yeah, it's pretty obvious the basketball program in Tucson has little issue with breaking rules.
UOducks4life in a previous life. Valar Morghulis.

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 12373
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Suns News: Week 2 12/28-1/3

Post by Indy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:16 pm

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:02 pm
Indy wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:59 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:56 pm
Superbone wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:52 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:51 pm


That didn't exactly work out for him the first time.
There’s got to be some legal ones, no?
Not for the amount he needs.
worked out great in Tucson.
Well, yeah, it's pretty obvious the basketball program in Tucson has little issue with breaking rules.
Yep. He still hasn't looked as explosive or fit as he did in college. Who is the last guy (especially a top pick) that looked less athletic and fit 2-3 years into the league than his college days?

Post Reply