Around the League: Week 2 12/28-1/3

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

Re: Around the League: Week 2 12/28-1/3

Post by carey »

Wall dropped 22/9/6 against Sac in his regular season debut on Thursday then followed it up tonight with 28/6/4. Both wins.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:20 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:09 pm
Split T wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:06 pm
Ya, don’t know if someone posted it in here or I just saw it on Twitter, but Kerr is still trying to play like he’s got a team of super high IQ guys. Oubre, Wiggins, Wiseman are all talented, but they’re not exactly guys you want making lots of quick decisions and making advanced reads.
I don't get the rush to blame Kerr for the Warriors' struggles. You aren't going to get a ton of wins if you are relying on Oubre and Wiggins and a rookie for a lot of your offense. I don't think Kerr could adjust his coaching in such a way that they would suddenly be doing much better. They have too many chuckers, guys who can't play team basketball, and bad defensive players to really win games.
Says the homer. :lol:
Yet Oubre was the golden child here, and now people saying you can’t win if Oubre is your offense. Newsflash- he’s a black hole, if he’s in the game he is going to make himself your offense whether you like it or not !

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

specialsauce wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:05 pm
Superbone wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:20 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Split T wrote:
Ya, don’t know if someone posted it in here or I just saw it on Twitter, but Kerr is still trying to play like he’s got a team of super high IQ guys. Oubre, Wiggins, Wiseman are all talented, but they’re not exactly guys you want making lots of quick decisions and making advanced reads.
I don't get the rush to blame Kerr for the Warriors' struggles. You aren't going to get a ton of wins if you are relying on Oubre and Wiggins and a rookie for a lot of your offense. I don't think Kerr could adjust his coaching in such a way that they would suddenly be doing much better. They have too many chuckers, guys who can't play team basketball, and bad defensive players to really win games.
Says the homer. :lol:
Yet Oubre was the golden child here, and now people saying you can’t win if Oubre is your offense. Newsflash- he’s a black hole, if he’s in the game he is going to make himself your offense whether you like it or not !
You were before your time, Saucy.
"Be Legendary."

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

carey wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:44 pm
Wall dropped 22/9/6 against Sac in his regular season debut on Thursday then followed it up tonight with 28/6/4. Both wins.
He is moving really fast. KD too. Maybe achilles is not what it used. Maybe these dudes are so gifted that they make it look so.

carey

Post by carey »

It's crazy anyone could have claimed Christian Wood off of waivers 2 years ago & many here were advocating trying to!
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

carey wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:44 pm
Yeah, he looks good.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

specialsauce wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:15 pm
SWAG SHHH TILL WAVY BABY XANNY BARS SUICIDE DOORS ALERT: through 5 games, the swaggiest and therefore must be best player in the league is averaging 8.2 ppg, 6.4 rpg, a whopping 0.6 assists and 2.4 TO, on 27%/4%/60% shooting splits. I hear he has dope pregame fits though with swagu push-ups and sick dunks as he loses his man off the ball and the Dubs get smashed every night.
This was terrific.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

:D

Split T

Post by Split T »

carey wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:47 pm
It's crazy anyone could have claimed Christian Wood off of waivers 2 years ago & many here were advocating trying to!
We had him on a summer league roster...might have even been one with Bender and Chriss. Crazy we had a much better player at the end of the bench as an after thought.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Mori Chu wrote:
Split T wrote:
Simplify the offense. Run more pick n roll with Curry/Wiseman. Use Wiggins and Oubre as cutters/spot up shooters/secondary creators. You can run Curry off ball when Draymond is there, but when he’s out, you really don’t want to run the offense through Wiggins/Oubre. Need the ball in Curry’s hands more.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Terry Rozier looks like he is taking another step forward. He is off to a great start.

Toronto, on the other hand, has a problem on their hands with Siakam. He stunk in the playoffs, and he is continuing to stink this season. What compounds his poor play is that his attitude seems to really suck. Tonight, he tried this awful shovel pass to Baynes (I think) in the paint, Baynes didn't catch it, and Siakam just stands there looking straight up in disgust like Baynes is the worst player ever and Siakam was ready to quit...and this was the first freaking quarter. On his current contract, he'll eventually reach nearly $40 million a year. Have fun with that Toronto.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

INFORMER wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:11 pm
Toronto, on the other hand, has a problem on their hands with Siakam. He stunk in the playoffs, and he is continuing to stink this season. What compounds his poor play is that his attitude seems to really suck. Tonight, he tried this awful shovel pass to Baynes (I think) in the paint, Baynes didn't catch it, and Siakam just stands there looking straight up in disgust like Baynes is the worst player ever and Siakam was ready to quit...and this was the first freaking quarter. On his current contract, he'll eventually reach nearly $40 million a year. Have fun with that Toronto.
I haven't watched more than a few halves of Toronto this season, but consider that Siakam used to be passing to Ibaka and Gasol.

Baynes should certainly be respected as a professional, but he's not in the same class as those other guys and it's understandable that Siakam might need some time to figure that out. Maybe he's a dickhead, or maybe he's just starting to realize the NBA isn't so easy with Kawhi Leonard, Serge Ibaka and Marc Gasol covering for him.

The $40M contract part of that, well, we'll have to just wait and see. But we all know that every team in the league would've lined up to give him the same deal.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I feel for the Raptors. They had that nice title run, and now they have to watch their whole team crumble. It's too bad that Kawhi left. A title team should defend their crown. I know Kawhi wanted to move to LA, but he probably would have had a better chance at getting 1-2 more rings if he had stayed a few years in Toronto. Wish he had signed a 2-year deal in Toronto and then gone to LA after that. It's his life, and he has the right to choose what he wants. But I don't think his Clipper team will be remembered for anything, while that Raptors team could have had 2-3 Finals in a row if they'd wanted it.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Meh, they won a title. No one needs to feel sorry for them for at least another 5 years.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Would you trade for Bagley? Something like Jones & Smith with pick(s) I'm guessing.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

Nah, not really interested. If he’s not happy in sactown, is he going to be happy with a bench role here?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:23 am
I feel for the Raptors. They had that nice title run, and now they have to watch their whole team crumble. It's too bad that Kawhi left. A title team should defend their crown. I know Kawhi wanted to move to LA, but he probably would have had a better chance at getting 1-2 more rings if he had stayed a few years in Toronto. Wish he had signed a 2-year deal in Toronto and then gone to LA after that. It's his life, and he has the right to choose what he wants. But I don't think his Clipper team will be remembered for anything, while that Raptors team could have had 2-3 Finals in a row if they'd wanted it.
Idk, I think they would have been better last yr with Kawhi, but it felt like their title was due to a lot of luck. They barely beat the Sixers on a last second shot by Kawhi that bounced 3 times then in. And do we really think they would have beaten the Warriors if Klay and KD were healthy?
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:27 am
Nah, not really interested. If he’s not happy in sactown, is he going to be happy with a bench role here?
No way he’ll be happy.
We don’t have enough minutes for him.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

specialsauce wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:43 pm
Split T wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:27 am
No way he’ll be happy.
We don’t have enough minutes for him.
I was leaning the same way, but it's his hometown and his brother is going to ASU. I just thought it was interesting to think about. We could use some athleticism with a little more substance than Damian Jones on the team, and someone that can play both PF and Center that will attack the rim. At the end of the day, I think you're right, plus do the Suns really want to reup on 3 players when the time comes?