Game Day: Suns (3-1) @ Jazz (2-1), Thurs 12/31/20

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
User avatar
iLLmatic
Posts: 3541
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:03 pm
Location: Gilbert, Arizona

Re: Game Day: Suns (3-1) @ Jazz (2-1), Thurs 12/31/20

Post by iLLmatic » Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:05 pm

I noticed you all aren't arguing if Utah fans are homophobic lol.

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 19650
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Game Day: Suns (3-1) @ Jazz (2-1), Thurs 12/31/20

Post by Superbone » Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:05 pm

jonh wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:44 am
I'm a Jazz fan...
Wait..., what?! Are you a mole?
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season!

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 19650
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Game Day: Suns (3-1) @ Jazz (2-1), Thurs 12/31/20

Post by Superbone » Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:06 pm

O_Gardino wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:46 am
Superbone wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:08 pm
The Bobster wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:01 pm
fivethirtyeight.com gives the Suns an 86% chance of making the playoffs and a 5% chance of winning the Finals.
Gotta start somewhere. There’s a good chance those percentages change as the season goes on though.
Those odds are only going up, my friend.
Yes, indeedy!
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season!

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 19650
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Game Day: Suns (3-1) @ Jazz (2-1), Thurs 12/31/20

Post by Superbone » Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:07 pm

INFORMER wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:04 pm
Superbone wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:06 pm
LazarusLong wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:49 pm
Superbone wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:39 pm
What’s with Booker missing all the free throws?! I think that’s three misses so far...
Still preseason in some regards for Booker. TOs, missed free throws ... but he'll get in the groove eventually.
We’ll be very dangerous when that happens.
Top 3 in the West?
That would be something. Not sure I'm there yet though.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season!

User avatar
INFORMER
Posts: 6315
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:19 pm

Re: Game Day: Suns (3-1) @ Jazz (2-1), Thurs 12/31/20

Post by INFORMER » Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:09 pm

Superbone wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:00 pm
ShelC wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:43 am
Man, I hope DA is paying attention and learning from Dario. His positioning here was flawless.
I don't think defensive positioning is Ayton's issue(s).

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 19650
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Game Day: Suns (3-1) @ Jazz (2-1), Thurs 12/31/20

Post by Superbone » Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:09 pm

INFORMER wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:36 pm
Indy wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:33 pm
INFORMER wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:15 pm
3rdside wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:26 am
Ayton needs to watch this 1000 times - he was invisible on offense today. If there would have been one word of advice before the game it would have been no fouls early, 2 fouls in 2 minutes into the game later ..

It's not fair to ask Ayton to be Christian Wood on offense. But yeah, Wood is a stud. Wish we had him.
Ayton and Moore for Wood?
Houston wouldn't do that.
The Suns wouldn't do that.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season!

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 19650
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Game Day: Suns (3-1) @ Jazz (2-1), Thurs 12/31/20

Post by Superbone » Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:12 pm

INFORMER wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:25 pm
ShelC wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:35 pm
Clarkson has been outwardly frustrated and that seemed to have rubbed off on O'Neal. Can't push a ref tho so he got a T and O'Neal's swipe looked unnecessarily aggressive which led to a flagrant so they're calling it tight.
Nah, that flagrant upgrade was an awful call.

Clarkson, on the other hand, was done a favor by the ref. They could have tossed him.
Totally disagree. You're saying the refs and Secaucus, New Jersey with access to all angles and speeds were wrong? And you know better based on what you saw on TV?
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season!

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 19650
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Game Day: Suns (3-1) @ Jazz (2-1), Thurs 12/31/20

Post by Superbone » Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:14 pm

INFORMER wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:09 pm
Superbone wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:00 pm
ShelC wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:43 am
Man, I hope DA is paying attention and learning from Dario. His positioning here was flawless.
I don't think defensive positioning is Ayton's issue(s).
Are you kidding? You haven't been paying attention then. I'm surprised.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season!

User avatar
INFORMER
Posts: 6315
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:19 pm

Re: Game Day: Suns (3-1) @ Jazz (2-1), Thurs 12/31/20

Post by INFORMER » Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:23 pm

There has been plenty of talk from others applauding his defense and calling our anchor. I'm not sure where you're coming from.

My issue is that he will sometimes get outworked on both sides of the ball.

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 19650
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Game Day: Suns (3-1) @ Jazz (2-1), Thurs 12/31/20

Post by Superbone » Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:33 pm

INFORMER wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:23 pm
There has been plenty of talk from others applauding his defense and calling our anchor. I'm not sure where you're coming from.

My issue is that he will sometimes get outworked on both sides of the ball.
I agree he has played pretty good defense. But defensive positioning has not been a strength. So many times he blocks out his guy while another waltzes in for a dunk while he just sits there watching. Dario, in that example showed how to cover all bases. Not just one.

And I do agree that he sometimes gets outworked on both sides. He also needs to work on consistent effort.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season!

User avatar
jonh
Posts: 1090
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:34 pm

Re: Game Day: Suns (3-1) @ Jazz (2-1), Thurs 12/31/20

Post by jonh » Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:36 pm

Superbone wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:05 pm
jonh wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:44 am
I'm a Jazz fan...
Wait..., what?! Are you a mole?
I grew up A member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (Mormon) in Arizona during the 90s. Stockton and Malone were who I rooted for when the Suns weren’t playing.
Last edited by jonh on Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I’m done with not making the playoffs. I’m serious. This is probably the last year I’m ever not making the playoffs.” Devin Booker-- April, 2017

User avatar
LazarusLong
Posts: 1972
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:58 pm

Re: Game Day: Suns (3-1) @ Jazz (2-1), Thurs 12/31/20

Post by LazarusLong » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:38 pm

jonh wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:36 pm
Superbone wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:05 pm
jonh wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:44 am
I'm a Jazz fan...
Wait..., what?! Are you a mole?
I grew up Mormon in Arizona during the 90s. Stockton and Malone were who I rooted for when the Suns weren’t playing.
I remember going to a UCLA-UofA game in 80 or 81.
I saw Bill Walton on the sidelines interviewing a UCLA player.
When I realized it was Walton I thought "Holy sh-t, who's the guy he's interviewing? He's huge ..."
It was Mark Eaton.
The Suns finally have the potential to shine again ... 8-)

User avatar
carey
Posts: 11261
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:06 pm
Contact:

Re: Game Day: Suns (3-1) @ Jazz (2-1), Thurs 12/31/20

Post by carey » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:34 pm

jonh wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:36 pm

I grew up A member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (Mormon) in Arizona during the 90s. Stockton and Malone were who I rooted for when the Suns weren’t playing.
I have a really good friend that is named John that grew up Mormon in AZ in the 90s. I'm sure that applies to a lot of people tho. :lol:
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

User avatar
jonh
Posts: 1090
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:34 pm

Re: Game Day: Suns (3-1) @ Jazz (2-1), Thurs 12/31/20

Post by jonh » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:10 pm

carey wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:34 pm
jonh wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:36 pm

I grew up A member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (Mormon) in Arizona during the 90s. Stockton and Malone were who I rooted for when the Suns weren’t playing.
I have a really good friend that is named John that grew up Mormon in AZ in the 90s. I'm sure that applies to a lot of people tho. :lol:
Yeah it isn’t exactly the most exotic profile. There’s a good chance I ran into your friend at EFY or church ball. My name is Jonathan Hendricks, and if we are good friends, then I’m disappointed we didn’t discuss this sooner.
“I’m done with not making the playoffs. I’m serious. This is probably the last year I’m ever not making the playoffs.” Devin Booker-- April, 2017

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 10951
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Game Day: Suns (3-1) @ Jazz (2-1), Thurs 12/31/20

Post by Split T » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:15 pm

jonh wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:10 pm
carey wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:34 pm
jonh wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:36 pm

I grew up A member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (Mormon) in Arizona during the 90s. Stockton and Malone were who I rooted for when the Suns weren’t playing.
I have a really good friend that is named John that grew up Mormon in AZ in the 90s. I'm sure that applies to a lot of people tho. :lol:
Yeah it isn’t exactly the most exotic profile. There’s a good chance I ran into your friend at EFY or church ball. My name is Jonathan Hendricks, and if we are good friends, then I’m disappointed we didn’t discuss this sooner.
I hope you guys are long lost friends, haha
Split: I would trade DA for SGA right now(11-24-2020)

Cap: I wouldn’t. Somebody remember to check this post in five years and see which of us looks the fool.

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 12427
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Game Day: Suns (3-1) @ Jazz (2-1), Thurs 12/31/20

Post by Indy » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:17 pm

Split T wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:15 pm
jonh wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:10 pm
carey wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:34 pm
jonh wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:36 pm

I grew up A member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (Mormon) in Arizona during the 90s. Stockton and Malone were who I rooted for when the Suns weren’t playing.
I have a really good friend that is named John that grew up Mormon in AZ in the 90s. I'm sure that applies to a lot of people tho. :lol:
Yeah it isn’t exactly the most exotic profile. There’s a good chance I ran into your friend at EFY or church ball. My name is Jonathan Hendricks, and if we are good friends, then I’m disappointed we didn’t discuss this sooner.
I hope you guys are long lost friends, haha
this would be amazing

User avatar
carey
Posts: 11261
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:06 pm
Contact:

Re: Game Day: Suns (3-1) @ Jazz (2-1), Thurs 12/31/20

Post by carey » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:38 pm

jonh wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:10 pm

Yeah it isn’t exactly the most exotic profile. There’s a good chance I ran into your friend at EFY or church ball. My name is Jonathan Hendricks, and if we are good friends, then I’m disappointed we didn’t discuss this sooner.
Nah, my buddy is John Cole. He actually lurks on here sometimes but is not into message boards.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

User avatar
jonh
Posts: 1090
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:34 pm

Re: Game Day: Suns (3-1) @ Jazz (2-1), Thurs 12/31/20

Post by jonh » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:45 pm

Well, the next time I am in Arizona, Itd be great to get together for a game—I’d be happy to buy a drink for any posters that are around and would like to go.
“I’m done with not making the playoffs. I’m serious. This is probably the last year I’m ever not making the playoffs.” Devin Booker-- April, 2017

User avatar
O_Gardino
Posts: 6259
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 12:47 pm
Location: Shreveport, LA

Re: Game Day: Suns (3-1) @ Jazz (2-1), Thurs 12/31/20

Post by O_Gardino » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:06 pm

Split T wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:15 pm
jonh wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:10 pm
carey wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:34 pm
jonh wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:36 pm

I grew up A member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (Mormon) in Arizona during the 90s. Stockton and Malone were who I rooted for when the Suns weren’t playing.
I have a really good friend that is named John that grew up Mormon in AZ in the 90s. I'm sure that applies to a lot of people tho. :lol:
Yeah it isn’t exactly the most exotic profile. There’s a good chance I ran into your friend at EFY or church ball. My name is Jonathan Hendricks, and if we are good friends, then I’m disappointed we didn’t discuss this sooner.
I hope you guys are long lost friends, haha
Image

The drama ended too soon. I was all ready for this site to turn into a Hallmark Christmas special.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 12427
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Game Day: Suns (3-1) @ Jazz (2-1), Thurs 12/31/20

Post by Indy » Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:39 pm

jonh wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:45 pm
Well, the next time I am in Arizona, Itd be great to get together for a game—I’d be happy to buy a drink for any posters that are around and would like to go.
I will take you up on that. Maybe for the finals. ;)

Post Reply