Game Day: Clippers (4-2) @ Suns (5-1), Sun 1/3/21

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Democritus

Re: Game Day: Clippers (4-2) @ Suns (5-1), Sun 1/3/21

Post by Democritus »

Let us remember then!
"We shall leave this world as foolish and as wicked as we found it on our arrival"-Voltaire

carey

Post by carey »

LFGS!
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Democritus wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:41 am
Let us remember then!
✌️ 8-)
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

I mentioned how Mikal 1st quarter 3s made me go wow
This is what I meant, basically all the Nuggets are back and only one other Sun up court with Mikal but he let's it fly and drains it.

I think it's fairly safe to say there's no going back to that guy with the hitch and lacking confidence. We should start seeing scrimmage or bubble Mikal as the player he's become and not just a very good few games he had.
Just my opinion
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Happy Birthday, Bone! This game should be a real test. I think we can hang with anybody, and I think we match up pretty well with the Clips since we have such a platoon of good wing defenders. Interested to see how Ayton responds to his big game from the other night. Also interested to see whether our starting guards will start to break out of their mini-slumps. And happy that Saric will play. He has really figured out his role on this team and I like the way he's contributing this year.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Clippers starting Bev, Batum, PG, Kawhi, Ibaka?

So CP3 on Bev, Booker on Batum, Mikal on PG, Crowder on Kawhi, Ayton on Ibaka? We do actually match up well against them. They’ve also got the defenders to give us trouble too though. I’d guess we see PG on Book, Kawhi on Mikal, Bev on CP3. Would love to see Ayton abuse Ibaka on the glass, he’s bigger, stronger, and more athletic.

Or does LA bring Ibaka off the bench and start Zubac? I haven’t watched them yet this year.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Happy Belated Birthday, Bone!
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:25 am

So CP3 on Bev, Booker on Batum, Mikal on PG, Crowder on Kawhi, Ayton on Ibaka? We do actually match up well against them. They’ve also got the defenders to give us trouble too though. I’d guess we see PG on Book, Kawhi on Mikal, Bev on CP3. Would love to see Ayton abuse Ibaka on the glass, he’s bigger, stronger, and more athletic.

Or does LA bring Ibaka off the bench and start Zubac? I haven’t watched them yet this year.
I'm not sure that Suns match up well with the Clippers. I have a feeling that Booker will be guarding PG, as Batum lately is looking like a PF. He's got to be about 50 lbs bigger than Booker rn.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

In2ition wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:28 pm
Split T wrote:

I'm not sure that Suns match up well with the Clippers. I have a feeling that Booker will be guarding PG, as Batum lately is looking like a PF. He's got to be about 50 lbs bigger than Booker rn.
Sure, he’s big, but he’s not exactly a big offensive threat. If the Clippers want to isolate Batum and have him post up Book over and over, I’ll take that. PG is a bad matchup for Booker. He’s 6’9 too. I just don’t see a reason to waste Crowder or Bridges on Batum.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:31 pm
In2ition wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:28 pm
Split T wrote:

Sure, he’s big, but he’s not exactly a big offensive threat. If the Clippers want to isolate Batum and have him post up Book over and over, I’ll take that. PG is a bad matchup for Booker. He’s 6’9 too. I just don’t see a reason to waste Crowder or Bridges on Batum.
You have a good point. I just don't want Booker fighting with a guy that is so much bigger than him the whole game, it will wear him out. I know that PG is 6'9", but he isn't that much bigger weight wise and doesn't post up much. I'm not saying you're wrong though, and Booker very well could be matched up on Batum.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya we’ll see. I haven’t watched Batum play in awhile, I know he’s put on weight, but I’m not sure he’s the type to take advantage of that weight. He was never a banger...maybe he’s changed up a little bit.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Happy Birthday, ‘Bone!

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

ShelC wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:12 am
Shabazz wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:47 pm
Suns stay weird with injury updates. Wasn’t Smith’s injury a minor tweak that they were just being cautious with?
I get the feeling they're maybe holding him out or holding him back. Bring him along slowly since there was no real training camp or summer league, go with the vets we have for now to win games and let him adjust and progress at his own speed. Seems like something Monty would be aware of in terms of development.
I don’t know. I agree that he’s not ready for minutes but I don’t think Monty would have an issue just keeping him out of the rotation until he is. If he’s actually healthy then there’s no downside to having him on the active roster. We may need him or there may be a garbage time opportunity to play.

Democritus

Post by Democritus »

I can't contain myself :mrgreen:
"We shall leave this world as foolish and as wicked as we found it on our arrival"-Voltaire

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Suns been riding high and are due for a let down. Clips and the Suns have a bit of recent history so I think we get the best version of them. Clips also looking to bounce back after their recent loss. Probably a close game until midway through the 4th where the clips pull away. I could also see this getting ugly early too.

Clips win this 114-105

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

Happy birthday Bone!!!!

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

jonh

Post by jonh »

Hoping for a win and a bit of a bounce back game from Booker. It’s encouraging to see Ayton have a good game, and it would be nice to build on it.

Suns win 115-109

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Happy birthday ‘Bone.

Let’s hope for a gift from our team with a blowout coming from the first game when we finally got to see Devin, CP3 and Ayton on full display on par of our super wings recent play.

Or perhaps one of the guys left behind on quarantine holds the keys of all the team’s gear and they are forced to play on t-shirts and flip flops, forfeiting by the end of the first quarter.

BKinSJC

Post by BKinSJC »

Happy Birthday! Hope you get what you (and the rest of us) want when it comes to this game.

Probably going to have to win in the backcourt and at center, because the Clips are one of the few teams right now that would appear to have a clear advantage at the wing positions. Mikal, Jae and CamJohnson need to do their best to hold their own, CP3 and Ayton need to be aggressive on both ends, and Book needs to finally have a real dominant-level Book game.