Game Day: Raptors (1-5) @ Suns (5-2), Wed 1/6/21

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
User avatar
Indy
Posts: 12427
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Game Day: Raptors (1-5) @ Suns (5-2), Wed 1/6/21

Post by Indy » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:16 am

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:15 am
I watched all of this game, but it was hard to focus with everything going on in the news today.
yeah, sedition will do that to you.

User avatar
Charlie Smithy!
Posts: 746
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:01 pm

Re: Game Day: Raptors (1-5) @ Suns (5-2), Wed 1/6/21

Post by Charlie Smithy! » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:17 am

Sedation did it to me.

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 10948
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Game Day: Raptors (1-5) @ Suns (5-2), Wed 1/6/21

Post by Split T » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:45 am

Was it just me or did Siakam seem to have more trouble against our small guards? He did whatever he wanted against Bridges, Crowder, and Ayton, but I seem to remember CP3 and Payne forcing him to pass it out or miss.
Split: I would trade DA for SGA right now(11-24-2020)

Cap: I wouldn’t. Somebody remember to check this post in five years and see which of us looks the fool.

User avatar
gosuns
Posts: 419
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:42 am
Location: Europe

Re: Game Day: Raptors (1-5) @ Suns (5-2), Wed 1/6/21

Post by gosuns » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:43 am

Wally_West wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:57 pm
In regards to the Kardashians, I think the hate for them mostly stems from the fact that they’re horrible humans.
I hear they do a lot of charity.

User avatar
Aztec Sunsfan
Posts: 1365
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:56 pm

Re: Game Day: Raptors (1-5) @ Suns (5-2), Wed 1/6/21

Post by Aztec Sunsfan » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:09 am

Doing charity is not synonymous with being a good person, specially if you turned it into a show.

User avatar
specialsauce
Posts: 4732
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: Game Day: Raptors (1-5) @ Suns (5-2), Wed 1/6/21

Post by specialsauce » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:09 am

Danimal wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:31 am
just some observations:
Our starters seem to be constantly getting off to slow starts.
Paul doesnt seem to look for his own shot enough and booker seems to force it a little at times.
Ayton did a good job on the boards
What happened to Baynes? Didnt have an impact
Loved the bench for the most part and have since the bubble started. Dario does lots of good things. Payne and CJ were good.
Somewhat concerned we couldnt stop siakim. He was basically just doing straight line driver or a driver with a spin at the end. Wasnt crowder lauded for his defense? i thought they may have put ayton on him at some point but we didnt seem to do much different to slow him down. Let me know if I missed something there.


Our closing of games hasnt been great. that sounds weird to say in a win but it seems to follow a similar pattern like the Utah game and a few others.
We have a double digit lead late. Booker holds the ball too much and gets a few turnovers ( got a 8 second violation because he wouldnt pass it to an open paul). We start losing our nerve - had to call 2 timeouts because we coudnt get the ball inbounds.
Booker eventually hits the dagger shot, but 1.5 mins earlier it wouldnt have seemed necessary. Hope they can continue to work on this. Does anyone else see this?

Happy to have the win.
Hope we pound the piston and then rose seeks a buyout to come join us :)
In James Jones we trust. He got rid of all the right people this off-season. Though I would take Baynes over Frank, but definitely not at the salary he got.

User avatar
specialsauce
Posts: 4732
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: Game Day: Raptors (1-5) @ Suns (5-2), Wed 1/6/21

Post by specialsauce » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:14 am

Wally_West wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:57 pm
In regards to the Kardashians, I think the hate for them mostly stems from the fact that they’re horrible humans.
Are they?

User avatar
ShelC
Posts: 7156
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 am

Re: Game Day: Raptors (1-5) @ Suns (5-2), Wed 1/6/21

Post by ShelC » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:17 am

specialsauce wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:09 am
Danimal wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:31 am
just some observations:
Our starters seem to be constantly getting off to slow starts.
Paul doesnt seem to look for his own shot enough and booker seems to force it a little at times.
Ayton did a good job on the boards
What happened to Baynes? Didnt have an impact
Loved the bench for the most part and have since the bubble started. Dario does lots of good things. Payne and CJ were good.
Somewhat concerned we couldnt stop siakim. He was basically just doing straight line driver or a driver with a spin at the end. Wasnt crowder lauded for his defense? i thought they may have put ayton on him at some point but we didnt seem to do much different to slow him down. Let me know if I missed something there.


Our closing of games hasnt been great. that sounds weird to say in a win but it seems to follow a similar pattern like the Utah game and a few others.
We have a double digit lead late. Booker holds the ball too much and gets a few turnovers ( got a 8 second violation because he wouldnt pass it to an open paul). We start losing our nerve - had to call 2 timeouts because we coudnt get the ball inbounds.
Booker eventually hits the dagger shot, but 1.5 mins earlier it wouldnt have seemed necessary. Hope they can continue to work on this. Does anyone else see this?

Happy to have the win.
Hope we pound the piston and then rose seeks a buyout to come join us :)
In James Jones we trust. He got rid of all the right people this off-season. Though I would take Baynes over Frank, but definitely not at the salary he got.
It does speak well overall on the org that guys who left or were traded aren't playing as well on their new teams. Makes Monty, the system and players look good. Jae is working out well too. Players around the league notice that kind of stuff.

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 19636
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Game Day: Raptors (1-5) @ Suns (5-2), Wed 1/6/21

Post by Superbone » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:29 am

Indy wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:16 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:15 am
I watched all of this game, but it was hard to focus with everything going on in the news today.
yeah, sedition will do that to you.
Just one of the lowest points in American history, that's all. Anyway, glad we had basketball to take my mind off of it for a couple hours.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season!

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 19636
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Game Day: Raptors (1-5) @ Suns (5-2), Wed 1/6/21

Post by Superbone » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:30 am

Split T wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:45 am
Was it just me or did Siakam seem to have more trouble against our small guards? He did whatever he wanted against Bridges, Crowder, and Ayton, but I seem to remember CP3 and Payne forcing him to pass it out or miss.
Well, Payne is well known for his defense on bigs.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season!

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 12427
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Game Day: Raptors (1-5) @ Suns (5-2), Wed 1/6/21

Post by Indy » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:02 pm

Superbone wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:29 am
Indy wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:16 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:15 am
I watched all of this game, but it was hard to focus with everything going on in the news today.
yeah, sedition will do that to you.
Just one of the lowest points in American history, that's all. Anyway, glad we had basketball to take my mind off of it for a couple hours.
exactly

User avatar
djy2j
Posts: 1820
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:10 am

Re: Game Day: Raptors (1-5) @ Suns (5-2), Wed 1/6/21

Post by djy2j » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:33 pm

Nice to see we have a bench mob. I actually have a more relaxed feeling when our bench is in. Not saying they are better than the starters but overall they generally have a more calming presence. Like, you know what you're getting from them.

I don't know what we're getting from CP, Book, and Ayton each night yet because of adjustments im sure but I find myself getting nervous when Booker only has a few shot attempts and it's halftime.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

User avatar
specialsauce
Posts: 4732
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: Game Day: Raptors (1-5) @ Suns (5-2), Wed 1/6/21

Post by specialsauce » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:09 pm

djy2j wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:33 pm
Nice to see we have a bench mob. I actually have a more relaxed feeling when our bench is in. Not saying they are better than the starters but overall they generally have a more calming presence. Like, you know what you're getting from them.

I don't know what we're getting from CP, Book, and Ayton each night yet because of adjustments im sure but I find myself getting nervous when Booker only has a few shot attempts and it's halftime.
There’s just still way too many wasted dribbles with Book and CP3 in the game together. They feed off each other too. They need to knock that off. Our offensive rhythm is so much better with Payne in with Book

User avatar
carey
Posts: 11260
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:06 pm
Contact:

Re: Game Day: Raptors (1-5) @ Suns (5-2), Wed 1/6/21

Post by carey » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:19 pm

specialsauce wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:09 pm
There’s just still way too many wasted dribbles with Book and CP3 in the game together. They feed off each other too. They need to knock that off. Our offensive rhythm is so much better with Payne in with Book
I'd still rather have Paul & Book together at the end of the game than Cam & Book.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 12427
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Game Day: Raptors (1-5) @ Suns (5-2), Wed 1/6/21

Post by Indy » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:42 pm

carey wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:19 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:09 pm
There’s just still way too many wasted dribbles with Book and CP3 in the game together. They feed off each other too. They need to knock that off. Our offensive rhythm is so much better with Payne in with Book
I'd still rather have Paul & Book together at the end of the game than Cam & Book.
last 2-3 minutes I agree. But I prefer to have Cam for those mid-Q4 minutes.

User avatar
O_Gardino
Posts: 6259
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 12:47 pm
Location: Shreveport, LA

Re: Game Day: Raptors (1-5) @ Suns (5-2), Wed 1/6/21

Post by O_Gardino » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:48 pm

Split T wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:45 am
Was it just me or did Siakam seem to have more trouble against our small guards? He did whatever he wanted against Bridges, Crowder, and Ayton, but I seem to remember CP3 and Payne forcing him to pass it out or miss.
I saw the same thing.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

User avatar
AmareIsGod
Posts: 2915
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:24 pm

Re: Game Day: Raptors (1-5) @ Suns (5-2), Wed 1/6/21

Post by AmareIsGod » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:33 pm

6 and 2 and we still have tons of room to grow from our starting backcourt. Amazing!
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. You got dudes like Joel Embiid, Anthony Davis, all these 7-footers, doing everything. There's no stopping us. - Ayton

User avatar
Wally_West
Posts: 3032
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:12 pm

Re: Game Day: Raptors (1-5) @ Suns (5-2), Wed 1/6/21

Post by Wally_West » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:42 pm

gosuns wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:43 am
Wally_West wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:57 pm
In regards to the Kardashians, I think the hate for them mostly stems from the fact that they’re horrible humans.
I hear they do a lot of charity.
I’m glad. Still terrible.

User avatar
Wally_West
Posts: 3032
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:12 pm

Re: Game Day: Raptors (1-5) @ Suns (5-2), Wed 1/6/21

Post by Wally_West » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:53 pm

specialsauce wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:14 am
Wally_West wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:57 pm
In regards to the Kardashians, I think the hate for them mostly stems from the fact that they’re horrible humans.
Are they?
Yes. From promoting junk science products, black face and blatant cultural appropriation, that family is terrible.
Also Caitlyn Jenner killed a person.

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 19636
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Game Day: Raptors (1-5) @ Suns (5-2), Wed 1/6/21

Post by Superbone » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:59 pm

Wally_West wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:53 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:14 am
Wally_West wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:57 pm
In regards to the Kardashians, I think the hate for them mostly stems from the fact that they’re horrible humans.
Are they?
Yes. From promoting junk science products, black face and blatant cultural appropriation, that family is terrible.
Also Caitlyn Jenner killed a person.
What?! 😳
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season!

Post Reply