Game Day: Suns (6-3) @ Pacers (6-2), Sat 1/9/21

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Post Reply
User avatar
bajanguy008
Posts: 2788
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:28 pm

Game Day: Suns (6-3) @ Pacers (6-2), Sat 1/9/21

Post by bajanguy008 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:29 pm

Time: 5:00 pm AZ (4:00 pm PT/7:00 pm ET)
Place: Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Indianapolis
TV: FSAZ/NBALP

This is gonna be a tough one. I'm guessing enthusiasm on here isn't too high for tonight and no Game Day thread yet is a decent indicator so I will step up to the plate although odds not really in my favour that I posting a winning thread :? . Anyways....

Go Suns!!!

Dis • cuss
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

User avatar
bajanguy008
Posts: 2788
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:28 pm

Re: Game Day: Suns (6-3) @ Pacers (6-2), Sat 1/9/21

Post by bajanguy008 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:32 pm

I saw when someone fell on him, believe that was in the 3rd quarter when I was already offset by our play. He held his ankle and then went out of screen but quickly rejoined play so I didn't think much of it. Weekend off to an awesome start

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

User avatar
Wally_West
Posts: 3020
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:12 pm

Re: Game Day: Suns (6-3) @ Pacers (7-2), Sat 1/9/21

Post by Wally_West » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:33 pm

Suns win by like 60 points.

User avatar
ShelC
Posts: 7131
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 am

Re: Game Day: Suns (6-3) @ Pacers (6-2), Sat 1/9/21

Post by ShelC » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:38 pm

I thought I saw Payne holding his hand at one point but missed the ankle play, which probably explains why Monty didn't bring him back last night. Tough one already, more so without Payne.

User avatar
bajanguy008
Posts: 2788
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:28 pm

Re: Game Day: Suns (6-3) @ Pacers (6-2), Sat 1/9/21

Post by bajanguy008 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:41 pm

yea like I said in the other Game Day thread
if we struggled on the block against Blake and Plumlee, don't really like the challenge of Sabonis because we had to double and Indy without question has more shooting than Pistons
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

User avatar
specialsauce
Posts: 4707
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: Game Day: Suns (6-3) @ Pacers (6-2), Sat 1/9/21

Post by specialsauce » Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:15 pm

Were gonna get our ass kicked

User avatar
Democritus
Posts: 364
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:00 pm
Location: Somewhere in Anatolia

Re: Game Day: Suns (6-3) @ Pacers (6-2), Sat 1/9/21

Post by Democritus » Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:49 pm

We win this one easily. Book with a Triple Double.
"We shall leave this world as foolish and as wicked as we found it on our arrival"-Voltaire

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 19583
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Game Day: Suns (6-3) @ Pacers (6-2), Sat 1/9/21

Post by Superbone » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:28 pm

bajanguy008 wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:29 pm
Time: 5:00 pm AZ (4:00 pm PT/7:00 pm ET)
Place: Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Indianapolis
TV: FSAZ/NBALP

This is gonna be a tough one. I'm guessing enthusiasm on here isn't too high for tonight and no Game Day thread yet is a decent indicator so I will step up to the plate although odds not really in my favour that I posting a winning thread :? . Anyways....

Go Suns!!!

Dis • cuss
It wasn't due to lack of enthusiasm. It was due to sleeping in and having to fix a work emergency first thing. But, it's on you now so it's all good. :D
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season!

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 19583
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Game Day: Suns (6-3) @ Pacers (7-2), Sat 1/9/21

Post by Superbone » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:29 pm

Wally_West wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:33 pm
Suns win by like 60 points.
Changing course, I see. :D
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season!

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 19583
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Game Day: Suns (6-3) @ Pacers (6-2), Sat 1/9/21

Post by Superbone » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:30 pm

bajanguy008 wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:32 pm
I saw when someone fell on him, believe that was in the 3rd quarter when I was already offset by our play. He held his ankle and then went out of screen but quickly rejoined play so I didn't think much of it. Weekend off to an awesome start

Point Book. Yay.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season!

User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 12067
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Game Day: Suns (6-3) @ Pacers (6-2), Sat 1/9/21

Post by Mori Chu » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:01 pm

Missing Payne is actually a pretty significant absence. I love the way he runs the second unit. I am trying not to be too judgy about Chris Paul, but I feel like overall his play has been pretty "meh" so far. In certain individual plays he can do great things, and he does seem to be able to get about 8-9 assists in his sleep. But I don't trust his shooting and he isn't really good at driving to the basket any more, so he is kind of just a pass/setup guy. He seems to score most of his points by faking fouls / flopping to get free throws. When he pulls up from 3 I just assume it isn't going in. He is great at running a pick-and-roll but we don't have many guys who can even run it with him. (Ayton would be an obvious candidate, but to date that isn't really his game.) I actually find myself feeling like the offense flows better when Payne is in the game rather than Paul.

Part of me wonders if we'd have been just as good or better off if we'd just found a way to trade Oubre for an asset like a pick and just kept Rubio. I don't know if we would be doing as well, and Rubio had his flaws, but I don't think Paul has been noticeably better so far than Rubio was.

User avatar
djy2j
Posts: 1814
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:10 am

Re: Game Day: Suns (6-3) @ Pacers (6-2), Sat 1/9/21

Post by djy2j » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:08 pm

Hope we come in pissed off and beat the breaks off them to send a message
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

User avatar
ShelC
Posts: 7131
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 am

Re: Game Day: Suns (6-3) @ Pacers (6-2), Sat 1/9/21

Post by ShelC » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:19 pm

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:01 pm
Missing Payne is actually a pretty significant absence. I love the way he runs the second unit. I am trying not to be too judgy about Chris Paul, but I feel like overall his play has been pretty "meh" so far. In certain individual plays he can do great things, and he does seem to be able to get about 8-9 assists in his sleep. But I don't trust his shooting and he isn't really good at driving to the basket any more, so he is kind of just a pass/setup guy. He seems to score most of his points by faking fouls / flopping to get free throws. When he pulls up from 3 I just assume it isn't going in. He is great at running a pick-and-roll but we don't have many guys who can even run it with him. (Ayton would be an obvious candidate, but to date that isn't really his game.) I actually find myself feeling like the offense flows better when Payne is in the game rather than Paul.

Part of me wonders if we'd have been just as good or better off if we'd just found a way to trade Oubre for an asset like a pick and just kept Rubio. I don't know if we would be doing as well, and Rubio had his flaws, but I don't think Paul has been noticeably better so far than Rubio was.
I've been reserving judgement until more games are played but this is where I'm at currently. Paul's numbers have been there and there have been a few flashy plays but his play in general hasn't been that great.

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 19583
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Game Day: Suns (6-3) @ Pacers (6-2), Sat 1/9/21

Post by Superbone » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:55 pm

It seems like Paul is still figuring out how to best fit in with this team.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season!

User avatar
ShelC
Posts: 7131
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 am

Re: Game Day: Suns (6-3) @ Pacers (6-2), Sat 1/9/21

Post by ShelC » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:56 pm

I was thinking Frank would get any extra minutes but looks like we'll see Jones


User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 12067
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Game Day: Suns (6-3) @ Pacers (6-2), Sat 1/9/21

Post by Mori Chu » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:35 pm

Here is E'Twaun Moore's chance to show he deserves minutes. He's probably disappointed with not getting to play much so far. I assumed he was always around as Chris Paul injury insurance.

User avatar
Danimal
Posts: 1677
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:04 am

Re: Game Day: Suns (6-3) @ Pacers (6-2), Sat 1/9/21

Post by Danimal » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:18 pm

Booker will need to go off for us to win this one. Curious if the guys just hang their heads after yesterday. Good test for the players and coach. Payne will be missed. His ability to attack the basket early in the offense has been in complete contrast to pail and booker chewing up clock on offense.

User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 12067
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Game Day: Suns (6-3) @ Pacers (6-2), Sat 1/9/21

Post by Mori Chu » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:22 pm

Bridges is blistering so far, with 15 points already midway through the 1st quarter (!).

User avatar
Wally_West
Posts: 3020
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:12 pm

Re: Game Day: Suns (6-3) @ Pacers (6-2), Sat 1/9/21

Post by Wally_West » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:26 pm

Epic start for Bridges. I wonder if Monty will only play him 2 minutes in the 2nd half.

User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 12067
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Game Day: Suns (6-3) @ Pacers (6-2), Sat 1/9/21

Post by Mori Chu » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:26 pm

They better lock Bridges up to an extension this offseason. He's rapidly improving this year.

Post Reply