Game Day: Suns (6-3) @ Pacers (6-2), Sat 1/9/21

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
bajanguy008

Game Day: Suns (6-3) @ Pacers (6-2), Sat 1/9/21

Post by bajanguy008 »

Time: 5:00 pm AZ (4:00 pm PT/7:00 pm ET)
Place: Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Indianapolis
TV: FSAZ/NBALP

This is gonna be a tough one. I'm guessing enthusiasm on here isn't too high for tonight and no Game Day thread yet is a decent indicator so I will step up to the plate although odds not really in my favour that I posting a winning thread :? . Anyways....

Go Suns!!!

Dis • cuss
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

bajanguy008

Re: Game Day: Suns (6-3) @ Pacers (6-2), Sat 1/9/21

Post by bajanguy008 »

I saw when someone fell on him, believe that was in the 3rd quarter when I was already offset by our play. He held his ankle and then went out of screen but quickly rejoined play so I didn't think much of it. Weekend off to an awesome start

Wally_West

Re: Game Day: Suns (6-3) @ Pacers (7-2), Sat 1/9/21

Post by Wally_West »

Suns win by like 60 points.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I thought I saw Payne holding his hand at one point but missed the ankle play, which probably explains why Monty didn't bring him back last night. Tough one already, more so without Payne.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

yea like I said in the other Game Day thread
if we struggled on the block against Blake and Plumlee, don't really like the challenge of Sabonis because we had to double and Indy without question has more shooting than Pistons

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Were gonna get our ass kicked

Democritus

Post by Democritus »

We win this one easily. Book with a Triple Double.
"We shall leave this world as foolish and as wicked as we found it on our arrival"-Voltaire

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:29 pm
Time: 5:00 pm AZ (4:00 pm PT/7:00 pm ET)
Place: Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Indianapolis
TV: FSAZ/NBALP

This is gonna be a tough one. I'm guessing enthusiasm on here isn't too high for tonight and no Game Day thread yet is a decent indicator so I will step up to the plate although odds not really in my favour that I posting a winning thread :? . Anyways....

Go Suns!!!

Dis • cuss
It wasn't due to lack of enthusiasm. It was due to sleeping in and having to fix a work emergency first thing. But, it's on you now so it's all good. :D
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Re: Game Day: Suns (6-3) @ Pacers (7-2), Sat 1/9/21

Post by Superbone »

Wally_West wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:33 pm
Suns win by like 60 points.
Changing course, I see. :D
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:32 pm
I saw when someone fell on him, believe that was in the 3rd quarter when I was already offset by our play. He held his ankle and then went out of screen but quickly rejoined play so I didn't think much of it. Weekend off to an awesome start

Point Book. Yay.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Missing Payne is actually a pretty significant absence. I love the way he runs the second unit. I am trying not to be too judgy about Chris Paul, but I feel like overall his play has been pretty "meh" so far. In certain individual plays he can do great things, and he does seem to be able to get about 8-9 assists in his sleep. But I don't trust his shooting and he isn't really good at driving to the basket any more, so he is kind of just a pass/setup guy. He seems to score most of his points by faking fouls / flopping to get free throws. When he pulls up from 3 I just assume it isn't going in. He is great at running a pick-and-roll but we don't have many guys who can even run it with him. (Ayton would be an obvious candidate, but to date that isn't really his game.) I actually find myself feeling like the offense flows better when Payne is in the game rather than Paul.

Part of me wonders if we'd have been just as good or better off if we'd just found a way to trade Oubre for an asset like a pick and just kept Rubio. I don't know if we would be doing as well, and Rubio had his flaws, but I don't think Paul has been noticeably better so far than Rubio was.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Hope we come in pissed off and beat the breaks off them to send a message
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:01 pm
Missing Payne is actually a pretty significant absence. I love the way he runs the second unit. I am trying not to be too judgy about Chris Paul, but I feel like overall his play has been pretty "meh" so far. In certain individual plays he can do great things, and he does seem to be able to get about 8-9 assists in his sleep. But I don't trust his shooting and he isn't really good at driving to the basket any more, so he is kind of just a pass/setup guy. He seems to score most of his points by faking fouls / flopping to get free throws. When he pulls up from 3 I just assume it isn't going in. He is great at running a pick-and-roll but we don't have many guys who can even run it with him. (Ayton would be an obvious candidate, but to date that isn't really his game.) I actually find myself feeling like the offense flows better when Payne is in the game rather than Paul.

Part of me wonders if we'd have been just as good or better off if we'd just found a way to trade Oubre for an asset like a pick and just kept Rubio. I don't know if we would be doing as well, and Rubio had his flaws, but I don't think Paul has been noticeably better so far than Rubio was.
I've been reserving judgement until more games are played but this is where I'm at currently. Paul's numbers have been there and there have been a few flashy plays but his play in general hasn't been that great.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

It seems like Paul is still figuring out how to best fit in with this team.
"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I was thinking Frank would get any extra minutes but looks like we'll see Jones

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Here is E'Twaun Moore's chance to show he deserves minutes. He's probably disappointed with not getting to play much so far. I assumed he was always around as Chris Paul injury insurance.

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Booker will need to go off for us to win this one. Curious if the guys just hang their heads after yesterday. Good test for the players and coach. Payne will be missed. His ability to attack the basket early in the offense has been in complete contrast to pail and booker chewing up clock on offense.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Bridges is blistering so far, with 15 points already midway through the 1st quarter (!).

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Epic start for Bridges. I wonder if Monty will only play him 2 minutes in the 2nd half.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

They better lock Bridges up to an extension this offseason. He's rapidly improving this year.