Game Day: Suns (7-3) @ Wizards (2-8), Mon 1/11/21

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
The Bobster

Re: Game Day: Suns (7-3) @ Wizards (2-8), Mon 1/11/21

Post by The Bobster »

Bad effort in three of the last five games.

Something needs to be done about it. This team isn't good enough to coast against anybody.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Nice Michael Olowokandi imitation tonight by Ayton... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Glad I forgot we played tonight and enjoyed some time with my family. What a pathetic box score. Ayton is all puss, no boots.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

LazarusLong wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:42 pm
Nice Michael Olowokandi imitation tonight by Ayton... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Suddenly that Amare dunk is haunting my existence.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Our offense should never feature Ayton getting the ball at the free throw line ever again. Like, ever. He either bricks a “middie” or turns his back to the basket (and sometimes dribbles away from it) desperate to hand it off to a perimeter player. It clogs the lane and it’s never effective. He doesn’t have the passing chops to run the O from there like a Sabonis.

Give it to him above the 3 point line, in the post or on the move in a pick and roll. That elbow bullshit is useless.

I was really hoping Monty wasn’t going to put him back in today in the 4th. He needs to be benched.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

I think the real problem is that the Suns are missing Cam Payne.

I'm starting to lose interest...it's one thing to lose tightly fought games against elite opponents but to give this kind of garbage effort against this kind of garbage opponent is an affront to the fans.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Ayton needs to be benched. Plain and simple. I would let him come off the bench until his play warrants a change. The worst part is I doubt he would care or would have the balls to say anything about the demotion.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

I said I would give him a month. But he’s lost out there. His only hope is to get serious about improving his game. My concern lies now with his bullshit on how “hard” he worked out in the offseason followed by his clear lack of endurance at the start. He’s doesn’t come off as someone with the work ethic to become great. He likes his numbers and that’s enough. I really hope that the team will give him his come to jesus moment.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Figured out Ayton’s problem

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Wait, WTF?

I want to believe that's all kids jokes stuff, but then again I've met 15 year old kids who sound more mature than Ayton a lot of the time.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

“Well this should be an easy win” - every shitty fucking team now

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:21 pm
Anyways
My apologies guys, didn't really think my absence would have such an adverse affect on the guys so don't tune out then to have to hear bout this comeback
You’re making the next game day thread.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

The Suns suck. Ayton is a big pussy. He’s got no fire, no desire. I was hoping he wasn’t going to see the floor in the second half to make a point. He’s William Bedford 2.0. Trade him now. What a waste of a number 1 overall pick.
"Be Legendary."

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Imma gonna be sick.

Democritus

Post by Democritus »

specialsauce wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:45 pm
Ayton needs to be benched. Plain and simple. I would let him come off the bench until his play warrants a change. The worst part is I doubt he would care or would have the balls to say anything about the demotion.
This is how I feel too.
"We shall leave this world as foolish and as wicked as we found it on our arrival"-Voltaire

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

I’m sorry to say I put a small bet on the wizards today. Decent odds and thought there was a good chance the suns would shit the bed against them like they did last year. As a life time suns fan it kinda hurts but if they lose to scrubs I at least get some kind of compensation rather just pure outrage (see loss to pistons thread)

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

And for all the talk of preparation by this team, I don’t think they do much in terms of opponent scouting and are still trying to figure their own system out especially offense. I don’t think it’s as simple as saying it’s about effort. They clearly don’t game plan for teams they consider beneath them very well.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Nothing good about this one. Thought we started off OK the first few possessions moving the ball but then we went cold, Book picked up 2 fouls on Beal and that was it. They got hot and we couldn't execute or guard anyone. We had trouble with the Wiz in the bubble, so I was concerned about this one even with their injuries because they scrap and have nothing to lose. We looked tight, without much energy. Monty said he may look at the starting lineup for some changes...

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Didn’t the wheels start to fall off after a 7-4 start last year too?

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Having slept on it my feelings are this, this was a disgusting performance and everyone should be ashamed of themselves.

But it’s just one game, and this has been an extremely weird season for everyone, the clips destroyed some teams only to be get destroyed themselves by 50 and the Clippers are a really good team.

Obviously this should be a wake up call, and let’s hope this trend doesn’t continue. This is still a young team, let’s grow from it.