Game Day: Suns (7-4) @ Grizzlies (6-6), Monday 1/18/2021

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
AmareIsGod

Re: Game Day: Suns (7-4) @ Grizzlies (6-6), Monday 1/18/2021

Post by AmareIsGod »

Indy wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:07 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:25 pm
Oatmeal wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:14 pm
Do you guys remember when Booker was good?
When he didn't have his dick in the Kardashians.
You guys are better than this, right? Blaming Booker's awful play on a woman is shitty. Blame Booker, not his girlfriend. Why not blame his dog. Or all the time he spends playing COD? Or maybe he isn't what we thought he was.
There's a lot of distraction and a star studded lifestyle that goes into the life of the Kardashians, along with a lot of drama. If you can't see that being an athlete and getting caught up in potential drama with a family like the Kardashians might impact your focus or performance, I commend you for feeling you'd have that kind of willpower as a man in his young 20's to not be distracted or bothered by what might come with it.

I'm not blaming a woman. I'm potentially blaming the distraction and drama that has been known for years that comes with being in a relationship with a Kardashian. On any given day, Google Kardashian. Kim will be having some sort of crazy drama with Kanye West, their mom will be doing something outlandish for their reality TV show. There's just always something going on that has them in the spotlight, good or bad.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Indy wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:09 pm
Charlie Smithy! wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:03 pm
INFORMER wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:00 pm
Charlie Smithy! wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:56 pm
INFORMER wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:52 pm

Yes, yes, yes, yes, YES!

This is the Ayton we need, and there was still room for improvement. But he showcased what he could be: attacking the rim, looking to score, making plays with his passing. Maybe he just needed a week off. :roll:
I probably shouldn't make this joke, but maybe he used the week off to start a new cycle?😂
Honestly, I thought the same thing. I said to myself, "he found some new PEDs."
100% glad it wasn't just me then.
I think a lot of us thought that.
Missed the game but caught highlights. Ayton looked ferocious on a few plays and had a great box score.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Trying to figure out Jalen Smiths absence. He was out with an ankle then it was health and safety protocols but that started a couple weeks ago but he’s been behind the bench so I can’t understand what’s going on with him.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Indy

Post by Indy »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:16 pm
Indy wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
Oatmeal wrote:
You guys are better than this, right? Blaming Booker's awful play on a woman is shitty. Blame Booker, not his girlfriend. Why not blame his dog. Or all the time he spends playing COD? Or maybe he isn't what we thought he was.
There's a lot of distraction and a star studded lifestyle that goes into the life of the Kardashians, along with a lot of drama. If you can't see that being an athlete and getting caught up in potential drama with a family like the Kardashians might impact your focus or performance, I commend you for feeling you'd have that kind of willpower as a man in his young 20's to not be distracted or bothered by what might come with it.

I'm not blaming a woman. I'm potentially blaming the distraction and drama that has been known for years that comes with being in a relationship with a Kardashian. On any given day, Google Kardashian. Kim will be having some sort of crazy drama with Kanye West, their mom will be doing something outlandish for their reality TV show. There's just always something going on that has them in the spotlight, good or bad.
Whether there is drama or not, he is choosing to be a part of that drama. And you say you aren't blaming a woman, but then go on to say he can't help it because nobody has that kind of willpower.

Split T

Post by Split T »

The Bobster wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:14 pm
Split T wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:12 pm
The Bobster wrote:
Unfortunately with Booker, if he isn't scoring he isn't helping you.

As much as people bitch about Ayton and Paul around here, it's Booker who's regressed the most this year.

And damn, get yourself a backup center, You can't be running Kaminsky out there for minutes that actually mean anything.
In our defense, our 3 guys out for Covid protocol are our 3 backup Centers
And I really don't want any of them playing important minutes at center. Saric works in some matchups, but he can't guard the basket.
He’s not a rim protector, but he does well defending the post. He’s good positionally. Better than Frank for sure.

Indy

Post by Indy »

djy2j wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:41 pm
Trying to figure out Jalen Smiths absence. He was out with an ankle then it was health and safety protocols but that started a couple weeks ago but he’s been behind the bench so I can’t understand what’s going on with him.
He is still out for covid, right? Not because he has it but because of contact tracing?

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Indy wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:42 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:16 pm
Indy wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
Oatmeal wrote:

Whether there is drama or not, he is choosing to be a part of that drama. And you say you aren't blaming a woman, but then go on to say he can't help it because nobody has that kind of willpower.
You're right. I've blamed her and the rest of her family a few times around here when the reality is, nobody is forcing him to be in that circle and in that relationship. I'm making excuses for his play without knowing the reality, only the perception I have from the outside of the Kardashian family. Regardless of the drama that may or may not directly exist in Kendell Jenner's life, he and he alone has chosen to be a part of it. So the blame falls entirely on him if it's impacting his performance on the court.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Charlie Smithy! wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:43 pm

KJ
Majerle
Raja
...Barkley 😅
Hornacek
Mike Sanders
Ronnie Lee
Eric Bledsoe

Annnnnd we'll finish this list with

...Bo Outlaw
Bell
Majerle
Outlaw
Bledsoe
Lee (he was a huge favorite of mine!)
Sanders
KJ
Hornacek
Barkley

KJ and Barkley are exactly the kind of stars that Colangelo loved - tremendous offensively and passable defensively (or much better with effort). Chanbers, Nash, Eddie Johnson and Hornacek were all limited in what they could do defensively. And then there were guys like Don Buse and Mark West who just brought their lunch pail and did the dirty work every night.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Shawn Marion is easily the best defender in Suns history.

I guess he was always right, no respect for the man. :lol:
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

The Bobster wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:16 pm
Indy wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:11 pm
The Bobster wrote:
Unfortunately with Booker, if he isn't scoring he isn't helping you.

As much as people bitch about Ayton and Paul around here, it's Booker who's regressed the most this year.

And damn, get yourself a backup center, You can't be running Kaminsky out there for minutes that actually mean anything.
Despite a great overall game today, Ayton has regressed the most this year. Book is giving him a run for his money, though.
At least Ayton contributes defensively and rebounding when he's not scoring.

Booker doesn't really give you much of anything if he's not scoring 20+ points with a decent efficiency.
Woof. Hang this one on Book. He needs to get his rhythm. It’s cool. Every major roster turn around comes with a price tag early into their season. This will get better. Suns at least aren’t in a hole yet and will figure this out.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:08 pm
Shawn Marion is easily the best defender in Suns history.

I guess he was always right, no respect for the man. :lol:

Paul Silas, Dennis Johnson and Don Buse all might have something to say about that! :)
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Just finished watching. Even though they lost I liked seeing Ayton get the ball in the post and be manly and throw down finally. He was kind of pissed off and I like that Ayton. Tonight gave me hope for keeping him.

I don’t know what’s up with Booker. He’s definitely lost his mojo. I don’t know anything about the Kardasian’s other than it’s reality show about a spoiled rich family and their fabricated drama. If there was no drama there would be no show.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:11 pm
Our scoring is quite recent distributed tonight. Most everybody is having a decent game except for Booker. Not sure why he is in such a mini-funk to start the season.
Apparently it starts with K and ends with N.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

The Bobster wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:21 pm
Booker's just killing them tonight.
He’s in a real funk. The missed dunk sums it up.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Wally_West wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:21 pm
Bridges free throw shooting tonight :?
FT shooting didn’t do us any favors either.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

djy2j wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:23 pm
Can’t think of a more sickening sequence of Booker missing a dunk, a three, and then Grayson Allen hitting a go ahead 3. I’m going to throw up now
Guard your f’n man!!!
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

specialsauce wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:25 pm
Ayton Played like a man. Paul and Booker fucking suck. I’m so over this tandem. They play like absolute selfish losers
Paul had an awful game as well. So many turnovers. He seems to have lost a step.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

INFORMER wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:11 pm
Indy wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:08 pm
INFORMER wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:06 pm
I enjoyed watching Brandon Clarke tonight.
Do you think he was a better use of the pick?
Absolutely. And I appreciate Cameron Johnson; he has been a good player and is having a very good year 2. But I think Clarke is a better player.
Clarke was this board’s consensus pick last year. This year it was Haliburton. Just saying.
"Be Legendary."

England Sun

Post by England Sun »

So disappointing when it is only the second game I get to see in its entirety when I get home later.

Highlights of this new center we have who is dunking on people look good though, has he been on the bench all season because if he can do that more often than not it would be great. (Although there was no real center he was playing against).

Sad for Book, his shots were not exactly contested and it looked like I have more hops for the dunk attempt. He will figure it out though.

Paul is 'OK' but looks like he's wading through treacle soemtimes.
What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Shit game, the offense is regressing overall. Book is all out of sorts, we're trying to force things with Ayton and teams have learned to stay out on shooters and force guys to put to the ball on the floor. Paul isn't a .5 offense guy and I think his ball dominance has hurt Book. Doesn't mean it can't work, just that there's got to be a better balance.