Around the League: Week 5 1/18-1/24

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
bajanguy008

Re: Around the League: Week 5 1/18-1/24

Post by bajanguy008 »

Indy wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:11 pm
bajanguy008 wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:54 pm
bajanguy008 wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:52 am
so is Inside the NBA beginning to lose it's appeal or it's just who I follow on Twitter
I've been seeing lots of "the jokes don't make up for the fact that they obviously don't watch many teams or actually talk basketball type takes and now seems like players not really interested in talking much in the interviews ?
I haven't watched and episode this season but get that impression from my timeline
yea as Laz got the discussion sparked gonna just put this back here lol :oops: as interested to hear y'all takes on the show

still watch it for the laughs
find that they are attacking players more than being funny now
wish they actually talked more basketball
I think Ernie and Kenny watch a lot of basketball and take their jobs seriously. I would watch more of the show if it were just them. Maybe have Barkley and Shaq call in from home, and they can have a segment for each where they bring them in and make fun of them for a few minutes then get back to basketball. I honestly hardly watch it anymore.
this actually sounds like a very good format tbh
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

surprisingly tho
I looked at some comments online and lots of folks defending Shaq lol using the "He's just trying to motivate him" angle

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

A lot of people think Shaq is the greatest center ever ... I do not buy in to that theory ...
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

LazarusLong wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:18 pm
A lot of people think Shaq is the greatest center ever ... I do not buy in to that theory ...
Nah. He was too lazy. Mostly got by on his size and strength. Chamberlin and Russell have got to be at the top of that list.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Shaq would still dominate offensively because no one would stop him inside of 6' of the rim, just like when he played.

But defensively, he'd get roasted, just like when he played late in his career and the league was starting to change.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Indy

Post by Indy »

LazarusLong wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:37 pm
Kenny provides some good insights, agree.

When Kenny chides Barkley for not winning a championship, I think "Without Hakeem, you wouldn't be gloating ..."
Shaq can be insufferable, but he was a dominant player.

Also, I remember KJ schooling The Jett when Smith was with Sacramento.
Exactly. He didn't even crack 30 minutes per game for them. Dream was playing over 40! And playing PG for that team isn't quite the same as what his other peers were doing. He was under 12 ppg/5 apg that first year, and even lower on both and minutes the 2nd. He was probably the 5th most impactful guy on that team.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

That was pretty rude by Shaq. Mitchell handled it as well as anyone could. I don’t pay attention to Shaq or Barkley anymore. When Barkley talks I just hear a bunch of noise that doesn’t make any sense. I record the games and blow past those guys.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

I love Inside the NBA. There’s not a postgame show out there I enjoy watching more. The banter is great. Y’all take life too seriously. Lose the hate, and redirect it to Kelly Oubre.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

specialsauce wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:31 pm
I love Inside the NBA. There’s not a postgame show out there I enjoy watching more. The banter is great. Y’all take life too seriously. Lose the hate, and redirect it to Kelly Oubre.
:lol:

Dude, listen to your own advice and let Kelly go!
"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:33 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:31 pm
:lol:

Dude, listen to your own advice and let Kelly go!
Never! I have sentenced him to 1 full year of unnecessary hatred

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Lol :lol:

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Shabazz wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:30 pm
I don't think there's an active draft thread, so I just want to put in writing that I really like Jalen Johnson from Duke.
I'm assuming you mean just in general; I don't think he will be an option for the Suns. I think he'll end up being a lotto pick, and even if he is on the board when the Suns draft, Jones won't take him. But yeah, he looks really good.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I freaking love TJ McConnell, one of my favorite role players in the league. Watching Pacers/Raptors right now, and he was such a difference maker in the 3rd quarter. And it really defies logic. He doesn't shoot. He isn't athletic (he is really quick) and he doesn't really have great size. But the Indy Star had a nice piece on him that kind of speaks to his value:
"Always in attack mode. He'll pressure the ball full court," coach Nate Bjorkgren said. "When he's running the point he always wants to push it and attack and get to that paint. Try to keep our opponents on their heels. The energy he brings into the game, our guys feed off that."

How he'd mesh with a coach who emphasizes 3s over mid-range shots, however, was in question. McConnell has gotten away from those stop-and-pop turnaround jumpers in the paint. If he's not getting a layup, he's finding someone who will shoot the open 3.

"He's a guy who takes himself for granted," Brogdon said of McConnell. "When you talk to him he doesn't understand how good he is. His IQ on the floor, knowing who to get the ball to, when to get the ball to him."
https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/n ... 171390001/

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Myles Turner has been tremendous today. McConnell finds him for an alley oop and-l. Next possession, Turner nails a 3. 22 points, 6 blocks.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

VanVleet and Boucher make two great defensive plays to set the Raptors up for the win.