Game Day: Thunder (7-9) @ Suns (8-7), Wed 1/27/21

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Charlie Smithy!

Re: Game Day: Thunder (7-9) @ Suns (8-7), Wed 1/27/21

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

The Bobster wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:11 pm
Terrible game.

You just wonder sometimes what their plan is on offense.
I call it the "milk the shot clock and shoot a 3 offense" Oof.

I think the .5 offense has become "don't shoot it until there's .5 on the clock."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Mikal and Cam are way too inconsistent. It’s inexcusAble.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

I think we're starting to see why Monty got shitcanned in New Orleans.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Charlie Smithy!

BKinSJC wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:11 pm
Same shit. Different year.

I can't believe I've decided to remain a fan of this team. I must be a complete fucking idiot.
Same, man. Saaaaaaaame.

Oatmeal

Post by Oatmeal »

Suns gonna get drubbed by Steph and co.

phatmike

Post by phatmike »

Yep "The Valley" is appropriate for this shit ass team. Their level of play is the valley below the taller hills and mountains of legit teams in the NBA

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

The Bobster wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:14 pm
Tucks and tapes and too scared to stand up to his own players and rip into them. It’s Jeff Hornacek round 2.

Charlie Smithy!

The Bobster wrote:
It feels like Monty did a great job renovating the culture, does a great job being the classic player's coach, but he doesn't seem to have much of a presence in-game; I ask myself over and over if he's really okay with the pace of our team's offense.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

This team has got to push the pace. We won’t win until Monty stands up to CP3 and demands he push the ball. He did it to Ricky consistently last year, I remember him prodding him to push the ball up the court. He’s not doing with with Chris.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ayton: 2/7 for 5 points and allows Horford to go off for 21/11 and 5/5 from 3. I hope someone sits him down and figures out why he plays like this sometimes. He looked lost on defense a bunch too, just letting people stroll to the rim when the perimeter defender was clearly expecting help. Shoulda traded him after that 4 game stretch...

Bridges wasn’t good tonight...unfortunately he’s not ready to be an on ball guy yet..seems more noticeable when our primary options(Booker/Payne) are out. Only Paul was active tonight.

I’m sure it’s often how the defense plays us, but we gotta find a way to get Cam Johnson more looks from 3. No way he should get 3 attempts when Crowder gets 11.

Haven’t been thrilled with Paul yet this year, but he’s about the only one who played well tonight. Wasn’t perfect, but he was literally our only option out there. We’d have lost by 20 if it wasn’t for him.

Split T

Post by Split T »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:37 pm
This team has got to push the pace. We won’t win until Monty stands up to CP3 and demands he push the ball. He did it to Ricky consistently last year, I remember him prodding him to push the ball up the court. He’s not doing with with Chris.
In Paul’s defense tonight, I saw him a few times getting after Ayton who was lackadaisical at setting the initial screen to get us into the offense. So not fully to blame. Still likes to take it easy getting into the front court though.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:43 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:37 pm
In Paul’s defense tonight, I saw him a few times getting after Ayton who was lackadaisical at setting the initial screen to get us into the offense. So not fully to blame. Still likes to take it easy getting into the front court though.
DA just proved that his 4 game stretch was the same tune as his first two years in the league- just a stretch before regressing back to his lackadaisical self. Dude just does not have the drive to be a player in this league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

But it was "awesome" that Jokic said he's really good. So he doesn't really need to get any better.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

This is the point where I say the Suns aren't fun and that I need something positive rather than more negative in my life. I haven't watched the past few games and will probably disengage until they figure things out. Can't have the team putting me in a shitty mood every morning (HK time).

Going to do stuff that's more fun -- like seeing the GME craziness. I love how the country's in such an optimistic mood even if that particular thing is just absolutely insane.

Split T

Post by Split T »

virtual9mm wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:52 pm
This is the point where I say the Suns aren't fun and that I need something positive rather than more negative in my life. I haven't watched the past few games and will probably disengage until they figure things out. Can't have the team putting me in a shitty mood every morning (HK time).

Going to do stuff that's more fun -- like seeing the GME craziness. I love how the country's in such an optimistic mood even if that particular thing is just absolutely insane.
I’ll watch the Warriors game tomorrow night, but if we look like this again, I might take a break as well.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:43 pm
Up 15 and I’m not even sure we’ve played all that well. Thunder just aren’t good...I’m a bit perplexed how they’ve given people fits this year and are 7-9...this is my first time seeing them though and maybe they’ll show me why as the game goes on. Looks like it’s turning into a nice easy win though, which is nice.
Yeah, nice easy win for us tonight. That was good to see. We needed that. Western Conference Finals, baby! Here we come.
"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I need to reevaluate my life choices.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:57 pm
Just checked the box score. Ayton's vagina decided to show up for this game.
Nah, he was pretty weak. He threw up some weak shit and the end of the game that was a foot short instead of trying to dunk the ball in traffic.
"Be Legendary."

JustWinBaby

Post by JustWinBaby »

specialsauce wrote:
Mikal and Cam are way too inconsistent. It’s inexcusAble.
With Booker out this was a great time for Mikal and Cam to step up, but they have shit the bed. Nader outplayed both of them.

It is foolish to blame Kaminsky, he is what we know he is.

I don't know why they could not get the ball to Ayton. I agree with Bobster. That is probably why Monty was shit canned in New Orleans.
I wanted Monty as our coach since D'Antoni left town. Nice choice James Jones.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

That is why you go out and get a Chris Paul. He was not going to let us lose this one.
"Be Legendary."