Game Day: Suns (10-8) @ Mavs (8-12), Mon, 2/1/2021

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
LazarusLong

Re: Game Day: Suns (10-8) @ Mavs (8-12), Mon, 2/1/2021

Post by LazarusLong »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:17 am
Charlie Smithy! wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:49 pm
Mavericks announcers already making fun of Deandre again ; it's that same douchebag🙄

My response: "Scoreboard, blockheads!" :P
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

carey

Post by carey »

Just watched the 4th quarter, the call on Ayton on Doncic at 1:21 left was so dumb. Why doesn't Booker get those calls?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Pips

Post by Pips »

Ayton with bad hands and being lost 70-80% of time.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

specialsauce wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:04 pm
ShelC wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:17 pm
Oh God not Flex again
What's your problem with Flex?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

We've all been celebrating the win, breathing a sigh of relief, however u wanna put it but just checking the Mavs perspective and didn't realize that they are all harping on the fact that they had a foul to give and that was the main discussion in the timeout.....
Smh
League wide problem for players/coaches ?
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

specialsauce wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:57 pm
bajanguy008 wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:54 pm
Had to wait til after Mavs possession to post

Way to bleeping go Book !!
I could see the bleacher report update as Doncic shot went in the air. I was imagining a bs bank for the win and all of the country slobbering. Now Book will get 1 mention at the end of Sportscenter
I'm only now seeing this.....
It still happened !! :o :lol:

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Monty Williams: "If I would have taken Book out in the fourth, that would have been the first time you see a player knock out a coach on the sideline."

But not the first time a Suns coach got a towel thrown in his face.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I wish the Suns would take it personal about beating other teams like they do the Mavs. Booker, Ayton and the rest just own those guys for some reason.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:17 am
specialsauce wrote:
bajanguy008 wrote:

I could see the bleacher report update as Doncic shot went in the air. I was imagining a bs bank for the win and all of the country slobbering. Now Book will get 1 mention at the end of Sportscenter

You gotta be kidding me.

What is the fascination with this kid?? He is just gifted everything. I swear if he didn’t get the Lebron whistle he would not be averaging +20 ppg.

Some privilege me thinks....

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:19 am
specialsauce wrote:
ShelC wrote:
Oh God not Flex again
He guessed right on one thing and then he’s got this God complex and his posts are corny as fuck and patronizing to all his followers. He’s essentially Espo with an attitude

Indy

Post by Indy »

specialsauce wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:44 am
bajanguy008 wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
bajanguy008 wrote:

You gotta be kidding me.

What is the fascination with this kid?? He is just gifted everything. I swear if he didn’t get the Lebron whistle he would not be averaging +20 ppg.

BR covers all of their angles. Yeah, they posted this clip. But they also posted another one with Book's shot, and posted it first. They cater to all of the teams.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Indy wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:03 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:44 am
bajanguy008 wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
bajanguy008 wrote:

You gotta be kidding me.

BR covers all of their angles. Yeah, they posted this clip. But they also posted another one with Book's shot, and posted it first. They cater to all of the teams.

Come on. I have never seen them post a MISS before.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Derek Harper in pregame

"I hate to keep saying it but Devin Booker has been a Mavs killer. He clearly gets up for these games" :twisted:

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

specialsauce wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:46 am
In2ition wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
ShelC wrote:
Oh God not Flex again
He guessed right on one thing and then he’s got this God complex and his posts are corny as fuck and patronizing to all his followers. He’s essentially Espo with an attitude
You can feel however you want. I take it that in your eyes he needs to know his place in the world. I would push back slightly on this though, as he wasn't "guessing" and it wasn't just "one thing" he got right. He was the first to report that Devin was playing last night, so it's obviously more than one thing. Felix Cruz is a good dude, and I just don't think he should be slandered because you don't know who he is. He has his own contacts within the League office and knows quite a few people on the team and within the organization. He doesn't go out attacking people or knowingly put out misinformation for the sake of fame or notoriety, so I don't understand the vitriol for him. It would be like if any one of us had this information and gave it out to our fellow Suns fans. He has to keep things he knows close to the vest at times and keep his own sources quiet.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:17 pm
Derek Harper in pregame

"I hate to keep saying it but Devin Booker has been a Mavs killer. He clearly gets up for these games" :twisted:
He hates to say it, but he's like the real King of Dallas, and he just visits there from time to time in a Suns uniform, haha.

Split T

Post by Split T »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:36 pm
specialsauce wrote:
In2ition wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
ShelC wrote:
Oh God not Flex again
You can feel however you want. I take it that in your eyes he needs to know his place in the world. I would push back slightly on this though, as he wasn't "guessing" and it wasn't just "one thing" he got right. He was the first to report that Devin was playing last night, so it's obviously more than one thing. Felix Cruz is a good dude, and I just don't think he should be slandered because you don't know who he is. He has his own contacts within the League office and knows quite a few people on the team and within the organization. He doesn't go out attacking people or knowingly put out misinformation for the sake of fame or notoriety, so I don't understand the vitriol for him. It would be like if any one of us had this information and gave it out to our fellow Suns fans. He has to keep things he knows close to the vest at times and keep his own sources quiet.
Flex definitely has a connection...though I think it was more on the Chris Paul side than the team side...more specifically Chris Paul’s agent side. He’s a little too all is well and Phoenix can do no wrong, but he’s alright.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:45 pm
In2ition wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
In2ition wrote:
specialsauce wrote:

Oh God not Flex again
Flex definitely has a connection...though I think it was more on the Chris Paul side than the team side...more specifically Chris Paul’s agent side. He’s a little too all is well and Phoenix can do no wrong, but he’s alright.
I didn’t say he’s a bad person. He’s a cornball with an ego. “First to report”- it was clear that Book was set to return as soon as they made him questionable. Talk about a captain obvious prediction

Split T

Post by Split T »

specialsauce wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:57 pm
Split T wrote:
In2ition wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
In2ition wrote:

I didn’t say he’s a bad person. He’s a cornball with an ego. “First to report”- it was clear that Book was set to return as soon as they made him questionable. Talk about a captain obvious prediction
Ya didn’t mean to imply you thought he was a bad person. I think he had some real insider info and cashed in on it once and is trying to keep that going.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:01 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:57 pm
Split T wrote:
In2ition wrote:
specialsauce wrote:

Ya didn’t mean to imply you thought he was a bad person. I think he had some real insider info and cashed in on it once and is trying to keep that going.
Sorry, In2 said “he’s a good dude.”

I would agree with you.

I don’t like how he talks down to Twitter followers and tells them to stay calm and patient and blah blah like he is above them. I had to unfollow him.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Split T wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:39 pm
3-0 against Dallas this year...for some reason we have their number. Ayton is 8-1 against Luka in his career. Ayton - 1?
Yep, Ayton won.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.