Suns News: Week 7 2/1-2/7

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: Suns News: Week 7 2/1-2/7

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:24 pm
Man, that news that they're allowing fans at Suns games bums me out. Do you get a refund if you die?
Considering the measures (or non measures) taken by the local government and Sarver's shallow pockets, I'm actually surprised they've waited this long.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Man, that news that they're allowing fans at Suns games bums me out. Do you get a refund if you die?
Nope (yeah I know this was a joke). But the back of every ticket (even before COVID) basically says the team/arena is not liable for anything bad that happens, and you enter at your own risk, and using the ticket is your acknowledgement of it. I am not sure if that has ever held up in court, though.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:51 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Considering the measures (or non measures) taken by the local government and Sarver's shallow pockets, I'm actually surprised they've waited this long.
The Suns org was much more in line with science than Ducey. Most of the NBA was pretty good about it, up until now.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I don't think courtsides should be available or sold but hey, money.

Indy

Post by Indy »

ShelC wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:28 am
I think the Suns are giving away tickets, not charging for them.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Indy wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:29 am
ShelC wrote:
well maybe that was just the first game... my bad.

I did get an email from my "account executive" that said after 10 years he was leaving the team. Then I got a follow up email from a generic address that said they were moving to a shared model where you no longer have a rep assigned to each account, and you just call a generic number/email address and get who you get each time.

carey

Post by carey »

For those of you with ESPN+ - https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/ ... ba-centers
Ayton returned to the team 12 pounds slimmer than last season, and he's noticeably more effective moving laterally on defense. His technique all around has improved, which is also credited to Suns big man coach Mark Bryant, who came over from the Oklahoma City Thunder, where he helped Steven Adams become one of the league's better big-man defenders. Ayton's improvement in footwork and body control is evident.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Indy wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:29 am
ShelC wrote:
I was referring more to the Hawks game where those knuckleheads were sitting courtside and got tossed. No reason to have people that close to the court and players.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

carey wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:10 am
For those of you with ESPN+ - https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/ ... ba-centers
Ayton returned to the team 12 pounds slimmer than last season, and he's noticeably more effective moving laterally on defense. His technique all around has improved, which is also credited to Suns big man coach Mark Bryant, who came over from the Oklahoma City Thunder, where he helped Steven Adams become one of the league's better big-man defenders. Ayton's improvement in footwork and body control is evident.
No PEDs so less mass? Also, while his weight was down, his conditioning still wasn't great at the start. He looks slimmer and in better shape now after these first 20 or so games.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Indy

Post by Indy »

ShelC wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:30 am
carey wrote:
No PEDs so less mass? Also, while his weight was down, his conditioning still wasn't great at the start. He looks slimmer and in better shape now after these first 20 or so games.
Maybe. He does have a strange face shape where it always looks pudgy, even when his body is not.

Split T

Post by Split T »

carey wrote:
This wasn’t my favorite quote:

"I remembered watching him on TV -- when it was 'Lob City' -- and I never imagined being out there with him," Ayton said. "He's made centers in this league All-Stars, and led to the biggest contracts.

Still on the contract thing. Some good stuff in there though. Was a good article

Indy

Post by Indy »

fuck

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Unfortunately, we know what motivates Ayton. Basketball is just a means to an end for him.
"Be Legendary."

jonh

Post by jonh »

Split T wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:28 am
carey wrote:
This wasn’t my favorite quote:

"I remembered watching him on TV -- when it was 'Lob City' -- and I never imagined being out there with him," Ayton said. "He's made centers in this league All-Stars, and led to the biggest contracts.

Still on the contract thing. Some good stuff in there though. Was a good article
That is the worst thing I have read all week.

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Not surprised. But still...damn

Indy

Post by Indy »

Like, I get it. That is why you put in the work. They are not doing this for free and they shouldn't be. They should try and get the most money they can get. But you need to know not to say the quiet part out loud. And it makes me worry that once we give him the max extension, he doesn't have to try hard anymore.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Dude is all about $$. He does not love the game. He loves Mary Jane and video games. The worst move the Suns could make this offseason would be to offer him a max extension.

jonh

Post by jonh »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:13 am
Dude is all about $$. He does not love the game. He loves Mary Jane and video games. The worst move the Suns could make this offseason would be to offer him a max extension.
Is it the worst move? This feels like an exaggeration. The worst move the Suns could make this offseason would be things like offering Dragon Bender a max contract, hiring you as a PR rep to hype the return of Kelly Oubre, partnering with head and shoulders in order to entice Rubio to come back to the team, or deciding that Sarver should answer post-game questions from the media every game. To me, I would classify giving Ayton a max salary as a questionable decision, rather than the worst move.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

jonh wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:21 am
specialsauce wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:13 am
Is it the worst move? This feels like an exaggeration. The worst move the Suns could make this offseason would be things like offering Dragon Bender a max contract, hiring you as a PR rep to hype the return of Kelly Oubre, partnering with head and shoulders in order to entice Rubio to come back to the team, or deciding that Sarver should answer post-game questions from the media every game. To me, I would classify giving Ayton a max salary as a questionable decision, rather than the worst move.
Lol I would have to agree. All the above moves would definitely qualify as worse lol