Suns News: Week 7 2/1-2/7

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: Suns News: Week 7 2/1-2/7

Post by Mori Chu »

Cam Johnson has been low-key really struggling for the past few weeks. He hits the occasional corner 3, but his other shots are just not falling.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:11 am
Cam Johnson has been low-key really struggling for the past few weeks. He hits the occasional corner 3, but his other shots are just not falling.
I think MIkal is like 4 out of his last 28 threes too.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Indy wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:13 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Mikal's shot has been off, too. You're right. The difference is that I feel like Mikal finds ways to still mostly contribute even if his shooting is off. He cuts to the basket, he gets put-backs, he plays dogged defense. Cam tries to drive to the basket a little, but he's not quite as athletic. He's a solid defender, but not quite the stalwart that Bridges is. Cam is not nearly as effective a player on a poor shooting night.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:45 pm
Indy wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:13 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Mikal's shot has been off, too. You're right. The difference is that I feel like Mikal finds ways to still mostly contribute even if his shooting is off. He cuts to the basket, he gets put-backs, he plays dogged defense. Cam tries to drive to the basket a little, but he's not quite as athletic. He's a solid defender, but not quite the stalwart that Bridges is. Cam is not nearly as effective a player on a poor shooting night.
agreed. mikal can usually contribute in other ways. but it has been pretty bad the last few games.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Shooting mojo is a weird thing and unpredictable. The next game they will probably hit all their threes and win by 30. It’s usually 1-2 players that are hot and the rest not. Sometimes like the last game the whole team for the most part will shoot like crap. Sometimes everyone is hot and you wish they could save some of those points for another game. It’s sort of like the stock market.

I try not to stress when a player you know can shoot goes cold. It happens to every player. The law of averages says they will get their touch back.

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

That pretty much describes this season.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

carey

Post by carey »

Some of y'all are funny. If you don't think 99% of the league are in it for the 'straight cash, homie' then I have a bridge to sell you. This whole persona of "he loves the game and would do this for free" is such media contrived b.s. All of these guys work their ass off for one reason. Ayton is just one of the few to openly talk about it since college.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:27 pm
Some of y'all are funny. If you don't think 99% of the league are in it for the 'straight cash, homie' then I have a bridge to sell you. This whole persona of "he loves the game and would do this for free" is such media contrived b.s. All of these guys work their ass off for one reason. Ayton is just one of the few to openly talk about it since college.
I don't think anyone said that. I think some people were saying that you want players that love their job, or want to be the best they can be. Not a player that is just out for the contract. They don't have to be mutually exclusive.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Only listen if you wanna hear how Sarver destroyed the suns...some real shade thrown at Terry Porter...and I gotta assume Lance Blanks.

Some funny stories about Raja and Boris being a bit defiant of Terry Porter and of course getting traded together that same year.

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

I wonder if being a Phoenix Suns fan has ever engendered PTSD; sure would explain more than a few things for me!

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Amin still seems to be cashing in on shit he saw 10 years ago in the Suns FO. Good for him.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Jesus, Saric.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

This is getting fucking ridiculous. Cheap ass Sarver needs to pay for an actual training staff. The JV organization he’s running needs to come to an end.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:53 pm
Shooting mojo is a weird thing and unpredictable. The next game they will probably hit all their threes and win by 30. It’s usually 1-2 players that are hot and the rest not. Sometimes like the last game the whole team for the most part will shoot like crap. Sometimes everyone is hot and you wish they could save some of those points for another game. It’s sort of like the stock market.

I try not to stress when a player you know can shoot goes cold. It happens to every player. The law of averages says they will get their touch back.
Last night was one of those games where the Suns couldn't make anything and then the Pelicans started hitting everything in the 2nd half. Bad combination.
"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Suns head athletic trainer, Roberto Sarvár
Suns head international scout, Robertino Sarverelli

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

He probably thinks it's fine to send players to Zoom Care.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I don’t think most people start playing basketball because they want a big contract. They start when they are kids and have no clue what a contract is. They watched it on TV and played it with their friends and at school and maybe fell in love with the game. Once they get to a certain level and have success they start thinking about a contracts. I don’t think you can take Ayton’s comments and make anything of it. Why not dream of a max contract? He thinks Paul can help push him over that threshold. That doesn’t mean he doesn’t love the game.