Game Day: Thunder (46-15) @ Suns (35-25) , Thurs 3/6/14

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
EDC

Re: Game Day: Thunder (46-15) @ Suns (35-25) , Thurs 3/6/14

Post by EDC »

Both rookies get minutes and we win against OKC? Got to love it!

TOO

Post by TOO »

LOL OKC just leaves w/o shaking hands
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

McDounagh picking up the Twins Options is looking mighty smart at this point.

Gerald Green was ridiculously hot for a while tonight, still hate his shot selection, but happy for a guy whos bounced around to finally have a good yr
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

EDC

Post by EDC »

Green is crazy. If he gets hot for a stretch of games in the playoffs we might be able to beat almost anyone. The odds of him being hot a few games in a row is pretty low though. :)

TOO

Post by TOO »

What fun game. Beat OKC, Indy 2x, PDX 2x. We good.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Dragic, Tucker, Markieff & Marcus take us home - I was down on Markieff big time early in the season, but the guy has been rock solid since January. And what kind of chemistry do you think it takes to pull off a clutch ALLEY-OOP the way Marcus & Markieff did late?

What were you saying about Frye again, carey? :lol:

Sorry - Frye's a great story and I was pulling for him big time, but he's such a drag on the team when his shot isn't on and he can't even get himself open to get fed.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:LOL OKC just leaves w/o shaking hands
No lie.

What a bag of no class bitches - especially Westbrook.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Hornecek might be the only coach who will let Gerald take the crazy shots he does, but in a lot of ways he's the main reason he is having a good year. He has given him a tone of confidence. Still...I coach middle school ball, Gerald Green's shot selection is not something I'd show my kids, to put it mildly haha...

Good to see Archie get some run
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

TOO

Post by TOO »

Bledsoe/Dragic/Green/MoBros is gonna be tough to guard down the stretch.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

SwingMan wrote:
No lie.

I didn't realize how much of a punk ass Westchimp was till after this game.

TOO

Post by TOO »

SwingMan wrote:
No lie.

Pretty scummy, but it cant ruin my night lol.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Bledsoe/Dragic/Green/MoBros is gonna be tough to guard down the stretch.
Markieff at the 5 really isn't a sustainable recipe for success.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

It'll be nice when we get Plumlee and Bledsoe back.

JeffreyLee

Post by JeffreyLee »

JeffreyLee wrote:We got this!

Called it haha, alost had to crow.
You sold me two quier giraffes

TOO

Post by TOO »

INFORMER wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Bledsoe/Dragic/Green/MoBros is gonna be tough to guard down the stretch.
Markieff at the 5 really isn't a sustainable recipe for success.
Didn't say it was, but for when we come out dragging ass I full expect Horny to go small ball with that line-up. The MoBros progression this year is gonna be sorely needed, especially if Frye stays in his funk.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Sunsfan4life wrote:Hornecek might be the only coach who will let Gerald take the crazy shots he does
I really don't think his shot selection is any worse than Jamal Crawford, Brandon Jennings, JR Smith, Tony Wroten, Dion Waiters, or Russell Westbrook. And all of their coaches let them fire away.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Green hadn't done squat in the NBA until this season and Hornecek still had a long lesh with him and stayed with him taking terrible shots and portraying some low basketball IQ particularly early on. All of those guys you mentioned, sans Waiters and Tony Wroton, deserve a longer-lesh then Gerald did.

Brandon Jennings has been benched multiple times for bad shot selection this yr before Mo Cheeks got canned...just thought I'd add that nugget in there

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Sunsfan4life wrote:Green hadn't done squat in the NBA until this season and Hornecek still had a long lesh with him and stayed with him taking terrible shots and portraying some low basketball IQ particularly early on.
Green's been hitting shots all year long. Is he consistent? No. But he has shown from the very beginning that he's a shot-maker.

In terms of what those other players have accomplished, it should be noted that Brandon Jennings has shot 40% or better only one out of the five seasons he's been in the NBA. Gerald Green has now shot 40% or better in five NBA seasons.

I'm not trying to take credit away from Hornacek. He's been instrumental getting the most out of every single player on the roster. But let's also not take credit away from Green; he's earned the green (no pun intended) light.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

I'm not trying to take credit away from Green. I think he's gotten stronger as the year has went on and a lot of that is you can see his confidence level is sky high, because he knows Hornecek isn't going to yank him for taking a bad shot. It will be very interesting to see how he will adjust from getting almost a guaranteed 30mins+ per night once Bledsoe comes back. I hope he doesn't press knowing his mins will be more limited

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Also the mean mug shot to beat the wolves back in January is still the highlight of the year for me IMO...had to feel good burrying his old team like that