Suns News: Week 11 3/1-3/7

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
specialsauce

Re: Suns News: Week 11 3/1-3/7

Post by specialsauce »

He also let Aaron Nelson and his vaunted training staff go and put a fake moustache on and introduced himself as the new athletic trainer. Furloughed a bunch of his employees as well.

A lot of the penny pinching has not changed, even if the public antics are less frequent.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Jones is kissing ass there. He's been on the job for 2 years and things have broken our way ridiculously well. I don't mind if Sarver's grown and would happily acknowledge it, except we've seen 10 years of hiring and trusting the wrong people, 15 years of pettiness, and the recent necklace/9-11 comment. He's an ass. Best thing he can do is stay out of the spotlight, keep his mouth shut and cut the checks. If that counts as growth, I'll be his biggest supporter.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Doolie shouting out the fans :)

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I’d love to find a way to get Larry Nance Jr here.

BAMF

Post by BAMF »

ShelC wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:11 pm
Jones is kissing ass there. He's been on the job for 2 years and things have broken our way ridiculously well. I don't mind if Sarver's grown and would happily acknowledge it, except we've seen 10 years of hiring and trusting the wrong people, 15 years of pettiness, and the recent necklace/9-11 comment. He's an ass. Best thing he can do is stay out of the spotlight, keep his mouth shut and cut the checks. If that counts as growth, I'll be his biggest supporter.
This is the truth.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

ShelC wrote:
Sarver was talking about a car. The Porsche 911. Not the terror attack. He was having fun with the players. I don’t understand why people are making a big deal out of it. Crowder posted it to his Instagram story so it’s not like Sarver was purposely making it about himself. Clearly everyone was having fun.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Perception is reality. We're coming off a 10 yr run as one of the worst teams in the league, are finally in the midst of a good season, just beat the Lakers and then there's video of him on the plane shirtless wearing a chain. Just isn't a good look.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

ShelC wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:17 pm
Perception is reality. We're coming off a 10 yr run as one of the worst teams in the league, are finally in the midst of a good season, just beat the Lakers and then there's video of him on the plane shirtless wearing a chain. Just isn't a good look.
It’s DA’s chain. The same one Kaminsky was wearing after a win.

It’s clearly all in good fun. Players are clearly having a blast passing around DA’s chain. And once again, Crowder is the one who put up the video. Sarver is a shit owner, sure, but I don't think this is a good example people should point to for that. I really don’t understand the outrage of this. It’s a owner having fun and bonding with players after a big win.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Wally_West wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:58 pm
ShelC wrote:
Sarver was talking about a car. The Porsche 911. Not the terror attack. He was having fun with the players. I don’t understand why people are making a big deal out of it. Crowder posted it to his Instagram story so it’s not like Sarver was purposely making it about himself. Clearly everyone was having fun.
You’re guessing, and personally I think you’re wrong. Rather that or his English is terrible. He said the last time I got what I want was 911. Not “the 911.” Doesn’t make sense.

pickle

Post by pickle »

I'd LOVE to bring in Nance. I'd also take a chance on Bjelica if the price is right.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

specialsauce wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:08 pm
Nodack wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:06 pm
If someone thinks they can do better they should have purchased the Suns themselves. Robert has gotten so much grief from Suns fan over the years and much of it was earned. He is the guy who put his money down though. He has never owned a sports team before. I’m sure there is a learning curve. The article points put that he has learned a lot of lessons and now the Suns are in second place. I am just not into relentlessly bashing the guy. I think Sarver deserves a little credit.
Tell us more, Robert.
I tell it like I see it.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

I'm on the Nance bandwagon with you guys. He would give us a very nice change of pace as a 4/5.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Wally_West wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:09 pm
ShelC wrote:

It’s clearly all in good fun. Players are clearly having a blast passing around DA’s chain. And once again, Crowder is the one who put up the video. Sarver is a shit owner, sure, but I don't think this is a good example people should point to for that. I really don’t understand the outrage of this. It’s a owner having fun and bonding with players after a big win.
I know what the chain is and where it comes from. I know it's all in good fun with the players. i just think when you're the owner of the worst team for a decade, maybe lay low when the team starts winning. I get that it probably wasn't his idea and I know Crowder posted it to social. And no one's outraged, it's just cringeworthy when the guy's a joke as it is and we finally have a team to be proud of.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Great defense and athleticism, solid passer, improving 3 point shot, and that Nance family name.

pickle

Post by pickle »

ShelC wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:39 pm
Wally_West wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:09 pm
ShelC wrote:

I know what the chain is and where it comes from. I know it's all in good fun with the players. i just think when you're the owner of the worst team for a decade, maybe lay low when the team starts winning. I get that it probably wasn't his idea and I know Crowder posted it to social. And no one's outraged, it's just cringeworthy when the guy's a joke as it is and we finally have a team to be proud of.
On the one hand, I agree with you Shel, pretty much the whole take. On the other hand, I think maybe we fall into the trap of taking ourselves too seriously. Outside of very hardcore Suns fans, nobody knows what Sarver looks like and nobody cares about the Suns, even if we are suddenly doing well. Hell even I didn't know that was Sarver, just saw some older white guy trying to get in on the fun with the team... my initial reaction was, huh, bit of a douche, but why not. I hate to say it, but when I open the Athletic app and click on Suns, the only articles there are "Revisiting the 2020 Rookie Class" types that have some passing relevance to the Suns.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

specialsauce wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:20 pm
Wally_West wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:58 pm
ShelC wrote:
You’re guessing, and personally I think you’re wrong. Rather that or his English is terrible. He said the last time I got what I want was 911. Not “the 911.” Doesn’t make sense.

We’ll probably have to agree to disagree on this one but this what I hear:

“I think about the only time I could get what I wanted would be a 911” I don’t hear “was” at any point and don’t think you have to call the Porsche 911 as “the 911”, I think simply saying “911” would suffice depending on context of the conversation. Also, I think it is important to note there probably was some drinking involved in this situation, seeing how Sarver has his damn nips and looks buzzed.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

pickle wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:40 pm
Great defense and athleticism, solid passer, improving 3 point shot, and that Nance family name.
And he’s a big man who can (and does) do the dunks!

He’s exactly what we’re missing.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Shabazz wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:07 pm
pickle wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:40 pm
And he’s a big man who can (and does) do the dunks!

He’s exactly what we’re missing.
Yep, he's slightly undersized but he can man the 5 for short stints too. An absolute lob threat cutting baseline. Only blemish on his record is that he was drafted by and played several seasons for the Lakers...

BAMF

Post by BAMF »

Nance is great and we have the history with his father. Here is the caveat who are you trading for him that the Cavs will take?

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Jevon and Jalen?