Phoenix Suns Court Images

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
jonh

Re: Phoenix Suns Court Images

Post by jonh »

So if Im tracking, you are saying you could make another one for $45 for me? I accept.

Indy

Post by Indy »

jonh wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:55 am
So if Im tracking, you are saying you could make another one for $45 for me? I accept.
Exactly. Three easy installments of $45.

Indy

Post by Indy »

But the nice thing is, it is modular. So the court image is not attached to anything, just sandwiched between the plywood and acrylic. So I can change it out for different courts. :)

pickle

Post by pickle »

Indy wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:59 am
But the nice thing is, it is modular. So the court image is not attached to anything, just sandwiched between the plywood and acrylic. So I can change it out for different courts. :)
No, AIG will not help you get a high res image of the Lakers court.

Indy

Post by Indy »

:cry:

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Indy wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:42 am
jonh wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:30 am
That looks fantastic. I would like to order one.
Ha! I paid too much and cracked the corner when I over-tightened the mounting screw.

Long story, but I bought an over-the-door hoop ($25) with plans to just mount it on the wall. But it had such a crappy backboard and was only about 2mm thick. Certainly wouldn't hold up. So I mounted it on some plywood before hanging it. That was scrap I had so it didn't cost me anything. But I wanted the Suns background, so I had to remove all the paint from the stock one. I bought some fancy paint thinner ($13) that was supposed to be good for acrylic. But the backboard was not acrylic I guess, because the paint thinner just ate right through it. So it was completely ruined. I ended up buying a piece of acrylic close to the same size ($30). Fortunately AIG got those court images for me, and I had Costco print them out on large photo paper ($15). So my impulse purchase of $25 turned into $83 and a few hours of my time.
Sounds about like most of my projects. Let’s hope the Camaro isn’t that way. But I know it will be.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

SunsRIt wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:34 am
Indy wrote:
jonh wrote:
Ha! I paid too much and cracked the corner when I over-tightened the mounting screw.

Long story, but I bought an over-the-door hoop ($25) with plans to just mount it on the wall. But it had such a crappy backboard and was only about 2mm thick. Certainly wouldn't hold up. So I mounted it on some plywood before hanging it. That was scrap I had so it didn't cost me anything. But I wanted the Suns background, so I had to remove all the paint from the stock one. I bought some fancy paint thinner ($13) that was supposed to be good for acrylic. But the backboard was not acrylic I guess, because the paint thinner just ate right through it. So it was completely ruined. I ended up buying a piece of acrylic close to the same size ($30). Fortunately AIG got those court images for me, and I had Costco print them out on large photo paper ($15). So my impulse purchase of $25 turned into $83 and a few hours of my time.
Sounds about like most of my projects. Let’s hope the Camaro isn’t that way. But I know it will be.
What year? I bought a fully loaded 2018 that I love.
"Be Legendary."

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:44 pm
SunsRIt wrote:
Indy wrote:
jonh wrote:

I bought a ‘67 a few months ago I’m restoring.

Fully loaded as in ZL1?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

SunsRIt wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:56 pm
Superbone wrote:
SunsRIt wrote:
Indy wrote:
jonh wrote:

Fully loaded as in ZL1?
Nice! Heh, not THAT fully loaded. Mine is a fully loaded 2SS. 455 HP gets me into enough trouble as is.
"Be Legendary."

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:07 pm
SunsRIt wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:56 pm
Superbone wrote:
SunsRIt wrote:
Indy wrote:

Fully loaded as in ZL1?
Nice! Heh, not THAT fully loaded. Mine is a fully loaded 2SS. 455 HP gets me into enough trouble as is.
Me too. Sounds like a lot of fun. Mine won’t be that potent for awhile. Staying with the original 327. For now. Maybe LS3 later.